thecursedcometh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking for a script that shows the next unlockable skill in an actor's menu. I'm not sure if it should be in the Status or Skills menu, but I'd say Status fits more. It would be good if it's compatible with Yanfly's Cores, as I'm using those. I've looked around the forums and master list, and haven't found anything. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great! Thanks!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it is a skill, why would you say it would be better to show it in the Status screen than the Skills menu?

The status screen would require more significant changes to include it.

But if you opt for the Skills menu, would you only want them to show when outside of battle, or when in battle as well?

How do you want it to appear?
Do you just want it to show skills that will be obtained with the next level up, or whatever skill is next, regardless of how many levels away it is? Should it show the level number required?
What if there are multiple skills for that level? Should it show all of them?

Please show a list of your plugins. Yanfly has many "cores" and some of them might be relevant while others aren't (and you may not have them all). There are also non-core plugins that should be considered.

thecursedcometh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz The status menu thing was just on a whim, it doesn't matter too much to me where it is. And I mean the next unlocked skill, doesn't matter how many levels away. I mainly just mean maybe at the bottom of the screen there's a text box that says "Next Skill: *skill name here*". Just one skill, and it would be good if it shows what level you get it at. I'm sorry for not elaborating. Also I believe it should not be shown in battle.

And here's my plugin list:

Attachments

CHKNRAVE

Surprisingly not sponsored by Yanfly.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What you could do is create dummy skills that are added to the class at level 1, their names being "[SKILL] (lvl. X)" and their descriptions being the same as the actual skill that will be learned eventually.

To make this information only visible in the Skill menu, use Yanfly's Skill Core (free) and add
<Hide in Battle> to each dummy skill. Making the skill usable nowhere will just gray it out which is why this isn't the solution I'm suggesting.

To make only the next skill you'll learn visible, add to each dummy skill this tag:
Code:
<Custom Show Eval>
if (user.isSkillLearned(X)) {
  visible = true;
} else {
  visible = false;
}
</Custom Show Eval>
X in the condition being the ID of the actual skill that precedes this one. If at level 5 you learn Fireball and at level 10 you learn Freeze, the X in the Freeze dummy's tags will be the ID of Fireball.
Additionally, add the tag <Hide if Learned Skill: x> with x being the ID of the corresponding real skill, so that the dummy is hidden when the skill is learned.

Create a dummy skill for each one that will be learned.
The dummy skills are an exact copy of the original one, but the name contains its obtention level.
If one of them is usable out of combat, change the dummy's usage conditions to none.
Paste this in each dummy skill's tags:
Code:
<Hide in Battle>
<Custom Show Eval>
if (user.isSkillLearned(A)) {
  visible = true;
} else {
  visible = false;
}
</Custom Show Eval>
<Hide if Learned Skill: B>
Change A and B in the tags to numbers: B is ID of the real skill that the dummy is based off of, A is the real skill that is learned right before B.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips