Show Parameters

Discussion in 'JS Plugins In Development' started by DreamX, May 22, 2016.

1. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @chillsta
    I'm assuming you're using Quasi Params Plus ver 1.07 & are using it correctly.

Make sure that Show Parameters is under all the Yanfly Plugins & Quasi Param plus. Also in the Parameters, use the "abr" name, like how you would use numbers, ie lo cwp if cwp was the "abr" name.

2. chillsta

chillsta Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Zarsla
    Thanks for your reply!
    I was using quasi 1.15, but i did use it as you suggested.
    Currently i am leaning a bit more towards ICFs one, as it is easier to use.
    Anyway, like i said, the parameters do show up correctly for both programs, meaning the position and the value. Just the name does not show up. So i am guessing, i need to add the names somewhere in a file and i am unable to find it.

edit:
    Oh, i also had issue in the beginning, because the name of the plugin was not correct. I fixed all plugin names by now, but i do wonder if something similar is causing my problem.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  3. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Maybe.
    I meant 1.15 for quasi, I assumed it was 1.07 was the most recent version. Basically I meant use the most recent version.

4. chillsta

chillsta Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, i had some more time to try out copying lines that made sense to me and got it running. For anyone with similar issues, here is what i added to have dex from ICFs plugin show up in yanfly`s status menu. Just find their right place in dreamx`s script and adjust them as needed.

* @param dex Name
    * @desc The text name used for this attribute.
    * @Default Dexterity

var Dexterity = String(parameters['dex Name']);

case "dex":
    return Dexterity;
    break;

gl&hf
    Chill

5. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    @chillsta
    I hope this plugin will help you.

chillsta likes this.
  6. chillsta

chillsta Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ICF-Soft
    Oh Wow! I did set up my parameters already, but i will definitely try it out when i get home.
    I really appreciate your reply, tho! Your plugin of course too!
    /cheers mate!

Edit:
    Ok, i had a moment to try out your plugin real quick and it does not work for me.
    Placements and names should be fine, but i am getting a Reference Error: ary is not defined.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  7. ICF-Soft

ICF-Soft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    I've checked were is the problem. It should work now.

chillsta likes this.
  8. chillsta

chillsta Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ICF-Soft
    Sweet! Works like a charm!
    Thanks again! This will make things easier! =)

9. Steeldeth196

Steeldeth196 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Nothing I do makes this work.
    I mean fresh scratch brand new game with no other plugins, just this.
    And then with Yanfly's menu manager plugin.
    Nothing works.

Am I missing something? This is really frustrating.

10. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Steeldeth196
    It's not made to work with Main Menu Manager, it's made to work with Yanfly Status Menu Core, Yanfly Equip Core, Shop Menu Core, Item Core & In Battle Status.

11. EseQueL

EseQueL Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Help! There's a bug in this plugin so simple but I can't find a solution to fix...
    Bug: the MHP stat or parameter 0 is rounding off the value to a single digit.
    Example: MHP = 2945 --> It only shows MHP = 2
    This bug only exist in the MHP stat, others display the right value.

12. CrowStorm

CrowStorm Check my résumé, your residence is residue Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I need this for the YEP Equipment Core interaction/the equipment comparison scene only. I don't care at the time being about its interactions with Status Core, Victory Aftermath, etcetera (I will eventually care about it for shop core but I'm not at that point yet).

I just want the player to be able to to make more informed choices about their equipment and that means showing them EX-params on the equip screen. For instance, say you equip a dagger instead of a longsword and you can see that while your attack has decreased, your critical rate has increased, and so on.

Having the player refer to Yanfly's Status Core where these parameters ARE visible (including the one from AP Blocking) is a pretty bad workaround considering that the information I want to be available to the player won't be available where it matters (on the equip screen, and later, the shop screen) and thus no real comparison is possible. I mean, don't get me wrong, YF Status Core is way better than nothing, but it's not really a solution.

I'm having a problem that is different from the ones everyone else has had with this plugin (I read this thread like five times to make sure). Basically, it will only let me display around 8 parameters, similar to what the program will show by default. I can pick which 8 but the ninth one winds up squished by the bottom of the screen and anything past that is invisible. Observe:

Observe.png

See, I can change which parameters are shown, but I can't really show any MORE parameters than I initially could. I don't need to show all 90 bajillion EX-params and SP-params, primarily I'd just like to be able to show Hit Rate, Evasion Rate, Critical Rate, and 'phyb' from AP Blocking which this plugin was specifically modified to support, in addition to the default parameters. I've even tried "compromising" with the problem: "well, I don't really need to show MAT, MMP, or LUK because those will very seldom be effected by equipment but removing the three of those doesn't quite give me the space I need to include HIT, CRI, EVA, CNT and phyb". If the plugin was designed to let me show different parameters for weapons than equipment then I'd be able to deal with only 8 parameters displayed at

It also appears that I trigger the error that several people DID get here already (the 'cannot read parameter x of undefined' error--I have seen x be "clamp", "2", and "10" on my computer) if I list more than 10 parameters in Equip Parameters.

Oddly enough, even as a bad workaround making the font size smaller did not let me fit any more rows, nor did changing the font I'm using which surprised me. It was a non-solution anyway, though.

A glance up-thread tells me other people are not having this issue:

[​IMG]
    Ten parameters displayed.

[​IMG]
    11 whole parameters displayed, which I think is literally more than I need.

Again, this space issue seems completely independent of font type & size.

I have many YEP core scripts on. This script is placed beneath all of them as instructed. I don't have Quasi Params Plus or anything like that or any plans of installing it. (And every time I say 'script' when I mean plugin, that's because I've spent 10x as long working with Ace as I have with MV.)

I tried SomeRandomDude's EquipCompareUpgrade as an alternative and I did not like it very much. Surprisingly, it played nice with all of the Yanfly plugins in spite of not being specifically written to work with them like this plugin was. But I found it had its own irksome issues (like, I had an accessory that granted +4% HRG, and the plugin thought that unequipping it was increasing my HRG to 100% rather than reducing it to 0%. Even after I went in to the Plugin Parameters and changed the eval for Stat 16 (HRG) from Math.floor(actor.hrg * 100) to just actor.hrg which *should* have fixed that specific issue. But enough about THAT plugin, it's technically off topic).

SRD's plugin and this one are the only ones I've been able to find for MV that does what I need here. I kept thinking I'd found a third option only to see that it was a RGSS script for Ace and thus not helpful to me right now.

In summation: plz halp. I really hope this is one of those cases where I'm being dumb and missing something obvious. My only guess is that maybe it has something to do with screen resolution (mine is default, I believe)?

Also I have used the word parameter so much that it has essentially lost all meaning.

13. CrowStorm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    bamp

14. ramza

ramza Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Those images you linked have a different aspect ratio than yours does, your project appears to be using the default resolution, and is why that window has no space for more than 8 params. My project is 1152x648 (24 pixels taller than default) and has space for nine params in that window.

Changing just the font size won't add more space, because the line spacing is still set as if the font was a certain size. You'll have to find where this window is drawn, and change the line spacing as well.

15. CrowStorm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks!

Tinkering with aspect ratio/resolution scares me a bit because it's the one variable (not in the rpg maker sense in the plain English sense) that effects (and can thus potentially bork) absolutely everything in the game so I've tried to avoid it. But it looks like that's exactly what I'll have to do if I want to get more than 8 lines to appear in the equip scene.

EDIT: So it seems like most 4:3 Aspect Ratio resolutions with a height of 700 pixels or greater will (at least on my monitor) show all 11 lines of parameters that I want. Both 960x720 and 1024x768 resolutions work for this. But now I'm uncertain of the unforeseen results that changing my aspect ratio will have on every other aspect of my game.
    2019_11_20_14_20_28_167_3587.png

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  16. CrowStorm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have version 0.4b and am still experiencing the bug where sometimes percentages round out to like a zillion decimal places so if a sword's critical rate is 7% it will say 7.00000000000000000000000000000% in really tiny text.