sweet_bakery

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
pt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there,

This can be too simple, but I haven't figured out how to do It. I would like to display a picture above actor's battler coordinates (obviously in battle). I haven't found a plugin that could help me yet, so I appreciate any effort!

Cheers ~

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No need plugin for that, just setup two variables that represents battlers X and Y position on screen event
Code:
Control Variable: (id of your variable for X pos) SceneManager._scene._spriteset._actorSprites[0]._homeX
Control Variable: (id of your variable for Y pos) SceneManager._scene._spriteset._actorSprites[0]._homeY
Editor View

and using troop events use show picture with variables you set earlier.
Editor View

TIP: _actorSprites is an array so if you wish to show a picture on other party member change 0 to something else:
0 - party leader
1 - first team member
2 - second team member
3 - third party member

and so on.

sweet_bakery

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
pt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you. That actually solved my problem. Also, I wanna mention that you can either use
SceneManager._scene._spriteset._actorSprites[id].x to get the x position of an battler as I just found out.

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right, I accidently gave you homeX, because I'm using different battle system in my game :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmydark