Show picture command - Picture not appearing.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX' started by wigglyfingers, Mar 2, 2018.

1. wigglyfingers

wigglyfingers Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi guys, I have a problem with one of the events and the "show picture command".

It doesn't show up in the cutscene, even though it should.
    (Speeding through the texts cause Gyazo only records so little. That shouldn't affect the pictures and fadeout/fadein command speeds though.)

[​IMG]

The image is in the Graphics/Pictures Folder. The other images in the folder work.
    Here's the event page (Scrolled to the part where Picture 1 should appear)
    [​IMG]
    I'm just wondering why this is happening at all? The picture is the same as all the others, filling the screen and everything.

It works if I place a "Show Picture" command after Fadeout/fadein. But that is jarring, that's why I decided to fadeout, show the picture and fade in.

Also even with a move picture command from a Show Picture Command at Opacity 0 to moved to Opacity 255 it doesn't work.

I"ve restarted Rpgmaker, and even trying the same using just the show picture command for only that picture doesn't work either. I'm really just want to understand what is happening here?

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Try putting a very short wait after the Show Picture command e.g. a wait of 10 frames, or 20. It might be that it's moving straight to the fadein without having time to do the show picture. I'm not a VX user, so I'm guessing here.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Any chance you have any kind of plugin that's based on pictures, and it wants to use picture 1 for something else?

If you are only showing one picture at a time, you can use the same picture number for each one. You don't have to number them consecutively. It would be interesting to see what happens if you change them all to use Picture 1, and then all to use Picture 2 - will none of them show when you use 1, and then all of them will show when you use 2?

4. neosky

neosky VX.net Retired Staff Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yeah, if you could maybe make a lists of what scripts you are using.
    That way we can go through and let you know if they have anything to do with it, before we pull apart the rest.

The fade ins and outs are needed as well, they might have something to do with it. I've had issues like this as well, I use events and images for way to much.
    If'd you like, we can do a private conversation and I can help you clean that up a bit.