Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I am using Lite, so changing Fonts is not possible as far as I can tell, because no script lines can change.

But when I add text, sometimes the little arrows work as expected, showing where the text will be cut off when I am using a faceset, like this:

Show Text Window 1.bmp

Show Text Window 2.bmp

But not two minutes later, I get foul-ups, like this:

(note that in the first line there is a huge space and the last word is not cut off)

Show Text Window 3.bmp

(But notice that the last word in the first line is cut off in fact...)

Show Text Window 4.bmp

It seems to have to do with copying and pasting text, or unseen characters lie enter or something, I have No >.< *#%$@%^@ idea.

But the last demo I made required every single text box to be retyped, and I am hoping to avoid that problem here.

Any hints?

/me bashes her head against the wall

Attachments

• Show Text Window 2.bmp
    322 bytes · Views: 16
  • Show Text Window 1.bmp
    322 bytes · Views: 35
  • Show Text Window 4.bmp
    322 bytes · Views: 7
  • Show Text Window 3.bmp
    322 bytes · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The arrows are trolls, don't bother with them.

The width of the letter itself matters a lot when it comes to displaying it (the i only takes up half the space of an m), that's why some sentences fit and some don't, despite 'looking' longer.

When in doubt, use a line-break. Try to keep each line around 4-5 words at most.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Using Lite, you *are* able to change the font, but it takes a lot more work, and you can only ever have one font. You need to take your desired font, and edit the 'metadata' of the font to match that of VL Gothic's, then put your font in the Fonts folder and remove VL Gothic. You're now tricking RPG maker into using your font. It's a lot of work because you need a program specifically designed to edit TrueTypeFont (ttf) files, and then match all the fields for RPG maker to believe that it's truely VL Gothic, as it loads the font by what the file says, not what it is labeled.

I hope that helps you some!

Voxgizer

Ninja Turtle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Indeed, what Celianna said. 

Same thing happens to me all the time, so while I have funky looking Text Boxes in the Maker, they look fine in-game.

BigEd781

undefined method 'stupid_title' found for nil:NilC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dothraki
Primarily Uses
N/A
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?
I don't know what I'm doing :D
So got my hearing tested to see if it was the cause of my mishearing what people say. Test showed no problems but talked with the doctor about anxiety and ADHD causing hearing issues and she agreed and also added that some people hear things differently. With my anxiety cause I am in fight or flight I pay attention to all the sounds in the area so body knows when react. Can't pay attention to one source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MythologixGD