tzamis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dear RM Community,

I have a boss which is immune to a specific state (taunt). This was accomplished, obviously, through a trait.

My problem here is that every time an actor fails to apply the state effect, there is no notification of the enemy's resistance. Not a single pop up text. The only evidence out there for the player to notice, is the lack of the state icon above the enemy's head.

I would like to make the player aware of this situation, by having a text message appear every time the taunt effect gets resisted, but it seems harder than I thought. I couldn't come up with a solution through simple eventing and it seems scripting is the only way to go.

I'm pretty new to scripting and even though I manage to do other things in RMMV with a couple of code lines when needed, this time I hit a dead end cause I have no idea how to check when a specific action is occured.

Thanks for your time!

isyrium

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could have the skill use a common event and have a conditional branch to check whether the enemy was affected by the taunt and have an else branch with text saying that the enemy is immune.

tzamis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha, it's funny how sometimes the solution is so simple, yet you fail to see it! You sir, are the cure of my burnout! Thank you very much!!

isyrium

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No worries ^^ good luck on the game!

Just remember as long as the skill only targets one enemy you can set a conditional branch to check for all 8 enemies, but put them in the conditional branch before them. (just in case you use it in a battle with more than one enemy and you use it on the second instead of the first) if this doesn't make sense I could send a screenshot but if you only have battles with one enemy and no multiple then you should be fine with only one conditional branch.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Marketing seems to be about reducing dependence on luck to sell a product, as well as expanding the number of avenues in which luck can play a role in selling a product.
So, I've been wanting to do this randomized logic puzzle in my game for years now. I finally figured out how to do it by using arrays and a few small script calls. It's based on the Einstein Fish Puzzle! :D Though, I have no idea how to actually have the player put in answers.... might start a thread about it.

The projectiles shown in this video are as follows:
1, Basic Triple
2, 30-Degree Arc
3, Randomized Blast Wave
4, 8-way
5, 8-way Double
6, 8-way Slowness
7, 120-Degree Arc Repetitive
8, Projective Triple
9, Split 8-way
10, 2-way Split Randomized Arc
11, HP-MP Split Arc
12, Split Laser
13, Shock
14, Cosine
Drop shadows and water reflections tests in RPG Maker VX Ace

BgI3F80.png
I'm doing a fairy tale project Little Red Riding Hood and the Woodsman. I'm almost done with the demo in my native language and I intend to make a demo version in English as well. I'm just going to use the translator because I don't know the pronunciations very well, I only know how to say "Hey" and nothing else.. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badhotsauce