Show text without stopping player plugin?

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
In the support section I posted this:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46937-how-to-show-text-without-stopping-player-movement/#entry469907

You will need a plugin, and you'll also have to think of a way to close the text box, then. Whether it be time based or a different button press. You can post a request in JS Script requests, but there's no guarantee anyone will make it.
May I request a plugin that allows text to be shown through events but without stopping the player's movement? I want it to be time based, but button press should be fine too.

It would be similar to the Tiny Window Plugin by Kannazuki:

But I would like it to be like a regular text box message and also be able to adjust the time it would take to disappear from the screen.

Edit: I can't find the link to the Tiny Window Plugin. Should I just post the code here for reference?

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If your question involves the words "should I post x code/image/useful thing", the answer is yes.

If this gets made, i'd totally download it. Sounds like it might come in handy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I cannot get the Benny Hill Theme out of my head
A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bloojacie