Showcasing my music

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Aceri, Jul 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Aceri

Aceri Author Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey all, I've just recently started dabbling in music, and I was wondering what you all think but I don't know how to upload them on this site without being a member+ seeing as how all my songs go over the 4.88mb limit. How much does 4.88mb equal out to in song length, or is there a certain way to save/extract songs to make them not so big?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. Goatrider

Goatrider Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Upload them to a file sharing site like mediafire or dropbox, then post the link here. You can make an account for free with most of them. Hope that helps.

3. Aceri

Aceri Author Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Alright thanks.

Also, I am using Music Creator 6 because it just came on steam and I was curious about something.

Is it normal for a four minute song to be almost 100mb? Am I saving the song wrong or is the program itself like encrypting the songs somehow? I mean I don't think all the music in the three different maker programs I have combined equal up to like 100mb. Kind of odd.

4. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, 100 MB sounds like quite a large file size for a song. What format are you saving it in? Try to save it in .ogg format. That's the format that works well on VXAce and is used the most on here and it's smaller than .mp3 and .wav.    

5. Aceri

Aceri Author Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I just got the program yesterday so I really don't know if it will let me save in any other format than what it defaults to. The only way I know is to add .ogg at the end, but that doesn't really change the file size. I've looked and I don't see an option to change the format for saving. Perhaps it's their way of getting you to buy their plug-ins? I don't know :( .

6. Greensburg

Greensburg Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Put them through Cubase or any kind of convertor. They're probably in .wav format, so change it to .mp3.

7. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Get Audacity and you should be able to convert it your exported audio track to ogg quite easily, that's how I do it anyway.