alphawiz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've played games where after the screen fades out (presumably by using Fadeout Screen in the event) a picture is displayed, or sometimes an animation.

Whenever I try to do it, the only thing I get is the Show Text, and a black screen. What's the trick to it? Is there some mod or trick being used that I don't know about to accomplish this. I'd like to have the screen black out during certain encounter instead of having to just show the image with the map still showing in the background.

What am I doing wrong?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
without seeing what you do it is difficult to answer that question.
but usually the fadeout is just for the transition, the sequence is usually fade-out, show picture, fadein to allow the player to see the picture, with the picture hiding everything he is not supposed to see.

alphawiz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So @Andar what you're saying is that the fade in needs to happen before the picture can be seen...so I probably need to redo the picture to have an all encompassing black background so as to hide the map or somehow have a second "background picture" so that the smaller one can slide into place on top of it.

I was hoping for something a bit more elegant, but thanks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, that is one way to do things.

there are other ways, but the problem is that each way only fits to a specific effect and you can't mix them - not with event commands only. And programming a plugin to create additional effect commands has other drawbacks as well.

a more detailed description of what you want to achieve might allow us to point to one of those alternatives, but that is not guaranteed as every alternative has its own restrictions.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fadeout Screen cover both map and pictures.
Use Tint Screen instead.
Set it to pitch black.
It only cover map, so pictures still appear above it.
1606492739553.png

Last edited:

alphawiz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kuro DCupu Tint Screen might work! Don't know why I didn't think of that. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(
Just wanted to share how my game won 1st place in a game jam for itch.io. Everyone else used Unreal, Unity, GMS2, Godot, etc but I used RPG Maker 2003 :guffaw: It just shows that you can create a good game and it doesn't matter which engine you use
Working on cutscenes~

if your game is the first (or ONLY) in a series and still has a colon in its title, you are a bad person and I hate you...... jk.

who could ever hate BETWEEN: TWO SOULS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheesepot