RMMV ShowPicture without using the standard ShowPicture command ?

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi !
Im using the plugin Galv's Screen Zoom to zoom ingame. The way it is designed, this plugin also zoom any pictures on the map.

Is there a plugin that can make me show a picture without using the standard build-in ShowPicture command and then allow me to draw picture without been affected by the zoom ?

Thx !

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That completely depends on how the zoom is working (you should link to the plugin you're using), how you use the zoom (screenshot of whatever setting or command is used) and what you want to do in your game (a better description would be helpfull).

The problem is that several build-in zoom methods from windows and browsers are designed to work on everything and no internal code can change that. You would only be able to change the area of effect internally if the zoom used is internal code as well.
So most likely it would be easier to counter the zoom from the other side by changing the picture you want to display (reverse the zoom-effect on the picture), but again that depends on what effect and your description is too short to guess if this is possible.

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is Galv's zoom plug in :

He said it himself :
You'll need another plugin that changes how pictures are drawn
That what im looking for.

Im working on the hud of my game (in event). At any time the player can change the zoom of the screen by pressing a button. I dont want the hud to move with it.
Ive already try reversing the zoom effect manually but the picture become a little blurry it wont work.

But for exemple if i add any ''hud plugin'' it work perfectly, i can zoom on the map, all the picture draw from the hud plugin stay where they are.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For exemple if i add any ''hud plugin'' it work perfectly, i can zoom on the map, all the picture draw from the hud plugin stay where they are.
That is because most HUD plugins do not use pictures, but program the HUD directly. But that can only be done with certain restrictions.

What you're asking for isn't exactly easy (otherwise Galv would have included it automatically), and there are different ways to handle this with or without pictures as the base.

you need to give a screenshot of your HUD before any programmer can decide which way would be the best to handle this.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?
The holidays are upon us! Everyone search for safety from the grocery store music!
I don't understand people sometime. Walking to work today came across someone walking the opposite way in a nice suit, I politely move to the side into the shrubbery so he doesn't have to get his suit dirty and say "good morning" as he passes me, he turns around glaring daggers and asks "why are you talking to me?" like he's bloody offended by me wishing him a good morning or something. Just, why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpalWysty