​
FROM THE CREATOR
Feedback is more than welcome as this is my first-ever released game.​
No external scripts were used.​
All assets are pre-loaded with the demo version of RPG Maker MV.​
 ​
 ​
INTRODUCTION
[SIZE=11pt]Siblings is (very roughly) 30 minute game about you and your, well, sibling that is inspired by games such as Zelda, Pokemon, and a bit of Final Fantasy. The game is a short RPG that served as a test for myself to see what I could build within the trial period. You play as one of the ruin raider siblings, either the brother or the sister, and join them as they come across the barren Lerning Region in search of riches. Talk to everyone, examine everything. Beware the corruption! There are items that will have both in-battle use and field use, similar to Zelda. Also features a hospital system that will see greater use in later segments. The siblings’ abilities are tailored to helping each other out and continue to increase in their value until you hit the low level cap. Game features one town, which undergoes changes, one dungeon, that requires an item to complete, and a quirky kitty saleswoman as she calls herself.[/SIZE]​
 ​
SCREENSHOTS
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
CREDITS
Huge thank you to the entire team behind RPG Maker for giving us their game-creating tools.
And to you guys for playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shin_Sello

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello there ^^

The game looks nice, but there are 2 issues:

-) you misspelled "neither" in the hospital(minor issue)

-) the game crashes, when I encounter an enemy on the world map, due to the missing background "Wasteland.png"

Please fix those 2 problems, so that I can try the game :D

Greetings

Tidus1872

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello there ^^

The game looks nice, but there are 2 issues:

-) you misspelled "neither" in the hospital(minor issue)

-) the game crashes, when I encounter an enemy on the world map, due to the missing background "Wasteland.png"

Please fix those 2 problems, so that I can try the game :D

Greetings
Thank you for taking a peek. And I apologize for my mistake. I've relinked to a fixed version but since I don't have access to the maker anymore, I'm not sure if the changes will take effect.

OrfeasMikk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Heya!

I played your game and I liked it a lot! I wish you would give a potion and an antidote from the beginning, because I went and died from a frickin' slime! >.> (mainly because I'm noob tbh)

The whole "purify the areas" and kill the corruption monsters is a nice idea.

[i got the ingame references. :) ]

Tidus1872

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heya!

I played your game and I liked it a lot! I wish you would give a potion and an antidote from the beginning, because I went and died from a frickin' slime! >.> (mainly because I'm noob tbh)

The whole "purify the areas" and kill the corruption monsters is a nice idea.

[i got the ingame references. :) ]
Thank you very much for playing my game! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll be sure to balance things better in my next project.

mharvey64

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey,

I'mm liking the idea you laid out here! I will keep playing to let you know more!

Keep it up,

mharvey64

V1.0

Best Syntax Error
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Playthrough 1 (As male):

What I liked:

1. Creativity. The maps are well put together and the first mission down in the temple is put together well event wise with hints from the passed away adventurers.

2. References to previous RPG Makers, nice, nice.

3. Boss Battles are challenging, but on the downside, repetitive. The first boss uses Charge, and the second uses Charge and Jump. So minor changes. The only main difference in the second boss is the HP, which seems to have tripled or quadrupled, along side with the defense.

Bugs:

1. You can cause the game to crash by: 1. Being male. 2. Going outside of the town to the "temple", triggered a storyline skip. 3. Returning to town and saying "Yes" to the guide. Leaving you to be stuck indefinitely at: http://puu.sh/lDrVe/c649b8fe95.png , I died from old age.

2. Walking to the temple early triggers an event in which the sister is talking about the temple, returning to the town and skipping the guide's tour, returning to your home and talking to the sister will bring up "Let's ask the locals about any possible ruins."

3. Walking to the temple early triggers an event in which it still sounds like night.

4. "Do you smell that? It's coming from the well", where is the well? It used to be around this area, now it is not. http://puu.sh/lDUIR/199f323f7d.png

Problems:

1. 500+ MB Download. Package the game versions separately!

2. Sibling takes damage from walking in swamp even though she is "in bed."

3. You can enter battle with monsters outside of the town with your sibling even though she is "in bed."

4. You can enter the temple while your sibling is "in bed." causing her to talk, this causes the storyline to progress even though it was nighttime.

5. Potions are at a very generous price.

6. The battle system seems very easy due to the special attacks you have that cost only 25TP.

7. Enemies give way too much G in comparison to the cost of items.

8. Remedy does not heal "all status effects except death," as paralyze is not cured.

9. Boss battle with Sahuagin is tedious as it will repeatedly jump.

10. This game is *not* complete. Rolls to credits immediately before story continues.

11. Ending is *not* satisfying.

12. Too much grinding required to get gear.

13. Elemental Tombs (or spells) cost 500 each, but due to the unfortunate lengthy grinding requirement to obtain them, I have not been able to test them.

14. Game is around an hour in length, when the story can be executed through in less than 10 minutes if grinding requirement is cut down.

15. Story too primative! Needs depth.

16. No Character Information. Who are these siblings? What were their past? Etc.

17. "mosters." http://puu.sh/lDV1V/7d34a69bfc.png

Playthrough 2 (As female):

Problem:

1. The dialogue is the *EXACT SAME* from the male character except for: "Goodnight Sister ___"

2. Certainly more can be done to change the story than "Brother" -> "Sister".

3. Not worth playing through the same exact storyline to check for differences as there are none notably in the beginning of the game, also bugs are exactly the same, meaning the story execution is very similar if not exact.

Conclusion:
This game is still a W.I.P., not a complete game, and the ending was extremely rushed as to release it early.

Tidus1872

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Playthrough 1 (As male):

What I liked:

1. Creativity. The maps are well put together and the first mission down in the temple is put together well event wise with hints from the passed away adventurers.

2. References to previous RPG Makers, nice, nice.

3. Boss Battles are challenging, but on the downside, repetitive. The first boss uses Charge, and the second uses Charge and Jump. So minor changes. The only main difference in the second boss is the HP, which seems to have tripled or quadrupled, along side with the defense.

Bugs:

1. You can cause the game to crash by: 1. Being male. 2. Going outside of the town to the "temple", triggered a storyline skip. 3. Returning to town and saying "Yes" to the guide. Leaving you to be stuck indefinitely at: http://puu.sh/lDrVe/c649b8fe95.png , I died from old age.

2. Walking to the temple early triggers an event in which the sister is talking about the temple, returning to the town and skipping the guide's tour, returning to your home and talking to the sister will bring up "Let's ask the locals about any possible ruins."

3. Walking to the temple early triggers an event in which it still sounds like night.

4. "Do you smell that? It's coming from the well", where is the well? It used to be around this area, now it is not. http://puu.sh/lDUIR/199f323f7d.png

Problems:

1. 500+ MB Download. Package the game versions separately!

2. Sibling takes damage from walking in swamp even though she is "in bed."

3. You can enter battle with monsters outside of the town with your sibling even though she is "in bed."

4. You can enter the temple while your sibling is "in bed." causing her to talk, this causes the storyline to progress even though it was nighttime.

5. Potions are at a very generous price.

6. The battle system seems very easy due to the special attacks you have that cost only 25TP.

7. Enemies give way too much G in comparison to the cost of items.

8. Remedy does not heal "all status effects except death," as paralyze is not cured.

9. Boss battle with Sahuagin is tedious as it will repeatedly jump.

10. This game is *not* complete. Rolls to credits immediately before story continues.

11. Ending is *not* satisfying.

12. Too much grinding required to get gear.

13. Elemental Tombs (or spells) cost 500 each, but due to the unfortunate lengthy grinding requirement to obtain them, I have not been able to test them.

14. Game is around an hour in length, when the story can be executed through in less than 10 minutes if grinding requirement is cut down.

15. Story too primative! Needs depth.

16. No Character Information. Who are these siblings? What were their past? Etc.

17. "mosters." http://puu.sh/lDV1V/7d34a69bfc.png

Playthrough 2 (As female):

Problem:

1. The dialogue is the *EXACT SAME* from the male character except for: "Goodnight Sister ___"

2. Certainly more can be done to change the story than "Brother" -> "Sister".

3. Not worth playing through the same exact storyline to check for differences as there are none notably in the beginning of the game, also bugs are exactly the same, meaning the story execution is very similar if not exact.Conclusion:

This game is still a W.I.P., not a complete game, and the ending was extremely rushed as to release it early.
I thank you for your incredible feedback! It gives me much to consider. You are completely right when you say that my ending is rushed, I did run out of time for the 20 day demo and I really wanted to release something. Balancing was a major issue that took up a lot of time and unfortunately never got fully resolved. And I will apologize for the absurd amount of bugs and plan to make sure that future releases are properly complete and tested. Plenty of rookie mistakes were made here.

V1.0

Best Syntax Error
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I still liked the premise of the story. You're going in the right direction! Just need some balancing, new abilities for the bosses so they're more fun to play with (creating deeper strategy), and continuing the story.

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This actually looks good for your first game. Most first games don't look this good. Keep up the good work, and also never give up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Slaving away at more maps. :LZSwink:
Accidentally zoomed the browser in on the forums page, here... and I think I'm going to just leave it. #OldPeopleProblems
Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam Winners announcements start now! Live on stream! See who won!
so, I've begun the process of restructuring my game's base setup entirely after feeling disheartened with progress and talking to a friend. I think I'm headed in the right direction now.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited! I've been exploring MZ a little, and I just downloaded Effekseer to make new animations. I have experience in 3D animation software, so I'll be pretty good at the whole "particle" thing. My first game on MZ will be Fantasy Force--starring a griffin, a dragon, and a pegasus fighting against the Dragon of Darkness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbzikowany