leocordk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

First, English is not my main language, sorry for any mistakes. And I'm new in the forum, so If I made this post in the wrong place, sorry.

Exist any plugin/script that allows you to side-scrolling the game only in specific parts? Just like in Undertale, normally the game it's like that:

1627045726068.png
And, in a certain part it looks like this:
1627045400170.png

I don't want my game to be 100% side-scrolling, as I mentioned earlir, only in a specific part. Thanks to everyone who can help me :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think so - those who want platformer scripts usually want the entire game as a platformer.

but what options do you want exactly?
there are several ways to fake that behaviour by making a map with only two ways to walk in. After all the player cannot see the passabilities and you can simply make a wall preventing the player from going up.

leocordk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think so - those who want platformer scripts usually want the entire game as a platformer.

but what options do you want exactly?
there are several ways to fake that behaviour by making a map with only two ways to walk in. After all the player cannot see the passabilities and you can simply make a wall preventing the player from going up.
Oh, I wanted the player to enter a room and it would have a side view to make the event that would happen next more dynamic, so they could only walk left and right.

I think fake behavior is a solution, but I think it would look kind of weird if the up and down frames of the character stayed in the scene. Is it possible to prevent this from happening?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) you can keep the up/down because as long as the player cannot move in those directions it will only look similar to looking up or down.
2) upon entering, you can change the sprite of the actor to one that has the up/down replaced with left/right. this won't look fully natural but is an easy solution. you'll have to change the sprite back on leaving
3) you can request a plugin that disables movement in certain direction

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is it weird that i feel overwhelmed from reading codes that i wrote few months ago? Lol.

I dont even know where to continue!:hsad:
Ami
Gosh,I want to Play this Game Again one more again!

Seeing my Own Character & Kannono Once Again!
Tales_of_the_World_Radiant_Mythology_3_JPN_PSP-Coverart.jpg
I've been a bit to depressed to get work done on the game lately. Don't worry, I'll be okay.
LunarFlareStudios wrote on Solar_Flare's profile.
Hey, my name is Lunar Flare Studios, and you're Solar Flare? That's so weird!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chymora