CainReval

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To help get my game off the ground I used an old demo received by Yanfly (to test his new plugins) so to have access to bunches of skills and the like. However, the character in the first slot of my game is now stuck in "Perma Guard" when he is in battle. It only affects things visually, but its frustrating trying to figure out how to fix this. Since I started on the game its been an issue, so I'm assuming some sort of plugin may be the cause. Is there a plugin from yanfly that alters a characters Standby Animation when in a side view battle?f18c3ba16b1a12e10875620fe788759f.png

When using the default battle system, the only time my character uses the "Normal Standby" animation is when they are being selected to use a skill. If no skill is chosen or they are skipped, they jump straight into their "Guard" animation, and its almost like they're stuck that way, even when they're inflicted with status ailments, they won't take the appropriate animation. I feel like when I modded the yanfly model (I deleted levels and reworked characters, but left the skills in tact) I missed something that Yanfly may have added to alter an actors side view animation. I could really use some help...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tech Support is when you can't get the editor itself to install or run.

If you need help getting something working, it goes into the Support forum, or if it's plugin related, the JS/Plugin Support forum.

Disable all of your plugins and see if the issue is still happening.  It almost sounds like it is, which means it's probably not a plugin issue.  Ensure all your plugins are up to date (you say an "old" demo, so they probably are not, and maybe your engine and project are not up to date either).  You should make sure of those things before worrying too much more about which plugin, if any, is causing the problem.  Depending on whether you're using the standalone version or the steam version, and whether you have steam updates enabled, your engine might be quite old and buggy.  The pinned 1.3.4 Update thread has instructions on how to update your MV and how to update your projects, which requires extra manual steps.

After that, make sure all your plugin parameters are set correctly, and that you haven't accidentally used a variable or a switch for something else that is also being used by one or more of the plugins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

CainReval

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay! I figured it out after tons of testing! It had nothing to do with my plugins, the class my character was set to had the special flag "guard" for some reason! XD I took it off and it fixed my problem! Thank you for everyone that helped!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am adamant about not having missable quests, which means having to write entirely new scenes at each plot progression that takes into account that time and events have passed since the quest could first be accepted while still having there be a quest to solve in the first place. It's worth every second.
Surprisingly useful and thought provoking
Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!
ddwk.png

working on the sprite for Devali <3
My Game Development Livestream

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaguaru