Side view Battlers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So has anyone else noticed that nobody seems to be making any actual sideview battlers I mean there are plenty of enemies drawn looking sideways but none that are in the same format as the side view actors it's kinda disappointing :/

Haydeos

The Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There are 54 squares in the SV battle grid. That means each enemy needs to be edited/positioned 54 times. It's a lot of work >.>

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This particular forum is for discussing general principles of game making which could affect many games.  I cannot see how the OP is giving us a topic which fulfills that criterion.

I am, therefore, moving this thread to General Lounge.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hmmm side view battles could affect 50% of games lol but sorry I thought this would be the place to put it.

But anyways I know there's a lot of work involved I'm just currious as to why nobody seems to have tried to make any at all yet. Unless I'm just missing them I haven't seen any posted anywhere. Not griping more like wondering where all the graphic artists went, there used to be so many back in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Where are all the artists?!  They've been running me ragged with all the new stuff they're posting non-stop!  They're just focusing on things that have a greater effect for less effort, like generator parts.  I'm sure there are some artists who are making animated battlers but I'm also sure that they're all busy with big projects and getting paid handsomely for it.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where are all the artists?!  They've been running me ragged with all the new stuff they're posting non-stop!  They're just focusing on things that have a greater effect for less effort, like generator parts.  I'm sure there are some artists who are making animated battlers but I'm also sure that they're all busy with big projects and getting paid handsomely for it.
they are actually crying in a corner with the amount of insane request they get ;3;

honestly ...that's kinda harsh even if you just want to share your point :/

Us artists working hard for make ressources for MV (I can't for the moment due no tablet) and this kinda "disheartening" when people complain about us artist are not doing a certain ressources...I mean we already works our ass off for make pretty ressources for MV...

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I had a friend of mine give me like 350 enemies "facing to the side" none of them are animated, but they come from all over, ragnorock, maple story and so on .. Ive used a few in MV with experimenting seeing what works and what doesnt. Theres a couple scripts to make them "more life like"

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
wondering where all the graphic artists went, there used to be so many back in the day.
Just because people aren't making what you personally want (and there is no compelling reason why they should) does not mean to say that they are not working their socks off on other things.  I think if you went and actually looked at the MV Resource forum, and the Resource Request forum you would see just how much they are contributing to the community.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I wasn't saying they weren't working their buts off or implying anything close to them not contributing...

I don't know why or even how you could get that from what I said. I mean really go back and read the post and stop looking for a fight.

All I said was that it's disappointing that nobody seems interested in making them. I know they're difficult. I wasn't implying they weren't.

I wasn't demanding them either, I was simply asking if anyone else noticed artists not making them right now. And in comparison to rpg xp days, and even others it seems like the community has shrunk quite a bit.

I'll go back and bold the parts that make it very very clear that it was a simple question, just wondering why nobody seems to be interested in making them. I for one respect the artists for what they can do, I can't draw anything much less pixel art, so ya I'm not complaining at all.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Edit

sorry, hitches with my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkscythe25