XaderGamer

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
rpg maker strategy.png

So I am trying to make a strategy game. But when I use more than 8 characters in the battle, they start going out of the screen. Is there a way to make it so when the 1st row reaches 6 or 7 characters, then a new row behind them will be created. And also, instead of them moving back for every new character, they just stay aligned vertically.

Last edited:

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can adjust the x and y starting positions for actor battlers. I'm not exactly sure how to do this in the default engine though, but I'm sure it can be done. I use Yanfly battle core and row formation plugins and there are parameters within those plugins that make it very easy to adjust your battler positions, including the indent for subsequent battlers. If you're looking for a way to do it with default engine however, I'm not your guy, sorry.

edit: Apparently there is plugin released by the makers of the engine included at least with Steam versions called SVActorPosition.js that allows you to change the positions without having to include a larger battle engine plugin like Yanfly battle engine core.

Crusha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Xader, not sure I know the exact answer, but I can echo what HumanNinjaToo just presented. If you want a reference to Yanfly's Battle Engine Core, a video is here:
If you want reference to Yanfly's Row Formation, it is here:
I've never used Yanfly Row Formation, but I'm thinking that might help solve your issue.

XaderGamer

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i installed row formation but i wanan know if there is a way to limit how many members in each row can be there. as atm, i can but unlimited amount in the front row causing the same issue as above.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With some javascript knowledge and lunatic code knowledge you could probably use the <custom user row> tag to create a limit for how many actors can be on a row. Otherwise you may have to look at altering the plugin itself to create some kind of limit. I'm not sure which would be easier and I don't have the knowledge to figure it out very quickly.

Crusha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can bring another Yanfly Plugin to your attention, which may help resolve your issue:

Yanfly Party System -- specifically at 2m:35s into the video, it shows you can alter past the default 4 party-members. This may help you reach specific limits and resolve this issue. It may require some lunatic coding, so you will have to check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.
We start in 5 minutes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheemsBurbger