Not open for further replies.

oofermansa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi im pretty sure someone else had to have asked this in the past but where and how do I implement a side view battle system. I have been trying to plug in yanfly but most of the links there are dead and the instructions need to be dumbed down for me. Can any of you guys help me?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yanfly has moved, and on the main side there are links to the new places - it's just the direct links on the subpages that are dead.

that said, the most commonly used english sideview system is battle engine symphony. again its direct site is dead, but with that name you should be able to find the github director that now contains all those script files.
There are a few other sideview systems as well, but the next popular one (tankentai if I remember correctly) had always the problem of instructions in japanese only.

that said, setting up a sideview system will always require some advanced knowledge. If you have no scripting knowledge you can try to follow the link to my tutorial "how to use a script" in my signature.

Failing that you might decide (if you have the money) to upgrade to MV, because MV has a native sideview that can be used without scripts, and if you are willing to wait there are sales several times a year on steam. And MV comes with a script for Ace that transfers MOST of the data of an Ace game (but not all, you would have to rework some parts)

oofermansa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just purchased the full version of ace so I think I will stick with it but I will keep trying. By simplify I just would like to know where I need to copy and paste the plugin.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By simplify I just would like to know where I need to copy and paste the plugin.
then read the tutorial in my signature I mentioned above.
Ace has no plugins and will never get them, it has a script editor instead that works differently than the more advanced plugin manager (ace is a about decade old after all, development for newer makers improved over time).

and that tutorial was written exactly to provide the basic knowledge on script use.

oofermansa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
did I do this right because It is still not working. I copied and pasted the entire thing in. I understand that the symphony thing needs to be added to but do I do that on another page or do I put them on top of each other because I tried the on top and it didnt work at all.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
each script should get its own slot that is named for it.
and you really should rename the slot to yanfly ace core or something similiar, because the slot name will become part of the error message, and "insert here" is not a name but an instruction (insert new slot here).
So if you add several scripts, you will have several slot lines in the list each with a different name to indicate which script was added there.

oofermansa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
ok ive copied and pasted the two with yanfly on top and symphony on the bottom but nothing has changed and if it has how can i check for the change? In addition sorry for the bombardment of questions as I know it is late at night at least where I live and these most likely sound like dumb questions to you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you configured them correctly and started a new game?
complex scripts need to be configured before they can work, that is why I wrote a tutorial on this - you can't just copy and ignore and hope everything works without settings.

And which scripts have you copied in total? ace core is NOT ace battle core...

oofermansa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
let me try battle engine core then. But I have one called yanfly engine ace ace core engine and yami engine symphony battle symphony

oofermansa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you so much. Its working now I would have never been able to figure this out without you. Thank you thank you thank you.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Both the polls for the 3rd Original Character Contest ended with 5th place ties! So let's break those ties. Vote now for your favorite of the ones tied!

werewolf and his friends added!!

YAY! I just posted my third Guide! Setting up STEAM Integration in RPG Maker MV WITH updated NW.js (huge performance update)
rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:
If you're reviewing someone else's game, don't focus only on the negative and criticize them. Use positive constructive feedback. As game developers, we need to empower one another; not put each other down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YTMJ