Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I made sprites for a sideview battle system and they are quite large, but all the scripts I could find seem to only let me use character spritesheets from the overworld, is there a script that can let me use any sprite and animations I want?

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Have you tried Battle Symphony script?

MV battlers for Battle Symphony
https://rpgmaker.net/scripts/781/

It's possible to add RPG Maker MV animated battlers as another option when using the Battle Symphony script for side view battles in VX Ace.

Demo video shows a tall size battler working.

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you tried Battle Symphony script?

MV battlers for Battle Symphony
https://rpgmaker.net/scripts/781/

It's possible to add RPG Maker MV animated battlers as another option when using the Battle Symphony script for side view battles in VX Ace.

Demo video shows a tall size battler working.
I work with VX Ace but never tried that one, is it compatible with sprites like this?
1627933877460.png

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Battle Symphony is a script for VX Ace

If your sprite is formatted in RPG Maker MV sideview battlers format, it could work.

If you want to try: first install Battle Symphony following the instructions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16zEipBx4p4iL_ty8LGf2z3ldFUzlBEfdM9QkSu-zXyY/edit#
Then add this script below Battle Symphony in the script list.
https://rpgmaker.net/scripts/781/code/

Copy the required MV battlers into the Graphics/Characters subdirectory in your VX Ace project.
Actually I don't need the MV battlers because I make my battlers, but my characters ain't really small.
I will try to use this one though I do have my doubts, just hope it works with my sprites and also thx.

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright, here's a preview of the battler format if you these scripts.

test.png

Best of luck finding sideview battle script that uses your format.

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alright, here's a preview of the battler format if you these scripts.

Best of luck finding sideview battle script that uses your format.
Are those a spritesheet? like it also let's me animate?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
but all the scripts I could find seem to only let me use character spritesheets from the overworld
My question would be, what are those scripts you're talking about? Have you actually tried to see if there is a config available or are you just looking at the screenshot and made a conclusion that they only use overworld sprites? Except you mean simple side view scripts, any complex side view scripts that let you have many configurations should allow you to do it.

The question would be how complex you want a sideview script would be. One that allows you to fully customize the action sequence and its sprite size or you just want a simple side view that just has a bigger sprite.

Actually I don't need the MV battlers because I make my battlers, but my characters ain't really small.
I will try to use this one though I do have my doubts, just hope it works with my sprites and also thx.
The point that Tale made was MV battlers aren't the size of VXA overworld sprites.

Are those a spritesheet? like it also let's me animate?
Those are in MV spritesheet format, so yes. Although you probably need to follow MV rules.

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My question would be, what are those scripts you're talking about? Have you actually tried to see if there is a config available or are you just looking at the screenshot and made a conclusion that they only use overworld sprites? Except you mean simple side view scripts, any complex side view scripts that let you have many configurations should allow you to do it.

The question would be how complex you want a sideview script would be. One that allows you to fully customize the action sequence and its sprite size or you just want a simple side view that just has a bigger sprite.

The point that Tale made was MV battlers aren't the size of VXA overworld sprites.

Those are in MV spritesheet format, so yes. Although you probably need to follow MV rules.
Sorry it's just that I don't know much about MV that's why I ask a lot because I don't want to mess up, but simply what I need is just a script that let's me work with the sprites I create and being able to animate them.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And how is your sprite sheet would be?
The sample you have posted was just a static large sprite. Not a sheet.

Although that might be irrelevant.
Will this do? https://github.com/theoallen/TSBS/wiki/How-action-sequence-works

Also, you haven't answered my first question and second question.
For your first question i was trying to get a script for a sideview battlesystem, since VX Ace has a First person battle system.
As for the second I did try to search some videos and images from websites, some showed me battles with overworld sprites, others looked actually kinda like what I needed, but since like I said, I don't wanna mess up with stuff that is very complex I chose to ask the forum to be more sure.

Also thx for the link I'll try it out too as soon as I can.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You didn't actually answer my first question since you didn't exactly mention the script name, you just browse randomly and probably did not remember the name of the script, or simply make a conclusion based on the result. If you do remember them, we could probably either confirm or deny your finding (if the script could use a larger sprite). But I could consider you did not have an answer to my questions. Which is fine.

I can offer mine as long as you're ready to commit yourself to learn something complex.
Otherwise, other prolific scripts such as Yami's or Victor's Sideview Battle are the way to go (disclaimer: I'm not familiar with them).

The link I sent to you was just an article about how you would animate your sprite. Tell me if you learn more.

P.S: don't be fooled because it uses overworld-sized sprite.

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For your first question i was trying to get a script for a sideview battlesystem, since VX Ace has a First person battle system, as for the second I did try to search some videos and images from websites, some showed me batlles with overworld sprites, other looked actually kinda like what I needed, but since like I said I don't wanna mess up with stuff that is very complex I chose to ask the forum to be more sure.
Also thx for the link I'll try out too as soon as I can.

You didn't actually answer my first question since you didn't exactly mention the script name, you just browse randomly and probably did not remember the name of the script, or simply make a conclusion based on the result. If you do remember them, we could probably either confirm or deny your finding (if the script could use a larger sprite). But I could consider you did not have an answer to my questions. Which is fine.

I can offer mine as long as you're ready to commit yourself to learn something complex.
Otherwise, other prolific scripts such as Yami's or Victor's Sideview Battle are the way to go (disclaimer: I'm not familiar with them).

The link I sent to you was just an article about how you would animate your sprite. Tell me if you learn more.

P.S: don't be fooled because it uses overworld-sized sprite.
Oooh that's what u meant well the first one I saw was yanfly engine, which actually has tutorials alsoon installing but I saw overworld sprites, as for the others I did kinda forget their names since I tried to use the first one right after I saw the images but stopped before finishing cause I was afraid to mess up so I searched some more and then gone to forum.

The one I tried to use is from Galv's script and plugins, animated battlers.

Also sorry for the confusion.

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Spritesheet template reference (3 frames)

sv_template_xl.png

Idle | Stabbing | Escape
Ready/Physical | Swinging | Victory
Ready/Magical | Shooting | Crisis/Danger
Guard | Use Physical Skill | Abnormal State
Damage | Use Magical Skill | Sleeping
Evade | Use Item | Dead

I'm sharing xl version here.

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oooh that's what u meant well the first one I saw was yanfly engine, which actually has tutorials alsoon installing but I saw overworld sprites, as for the others I did kinda forget their names since I tried to use them right after I saw the images but stopped before finishing cause I was afraid to mess up.

Idle | Stabbing | Escape
Evade | Use Item | Dead

Thank you , it would help me a lot.

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Idle | Stabbing | Escape
Evade | Use Item | Dead

Sorry if I'm asking again, but I've been trying to use the battle symphony script and battlers ad-on like in the instructions you gave me, I even tried to do like the in-dept guide of BeardBro in said instructions, but it still haven't worked and in the indept guide I could reach only second step, but when searching the lines of code, I couldn't find them in the battle symphony script.
What am I doing wrong?

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Instructions:

1. Place these scripts under Materials in the following order
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Archeia/YEARepo/master/Battle/Ace_Battle_Engine.rb
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/suppayami/Battle-Symphony/master/build/Battle-Symphony.rb

2. Copy the required MV battlers into the Graphics/Characters subdirectory in your VX Ace project.

3. You will need to add note tags to your database, to specify which battlers to use for each actor and enemy. Without this tag, the default battlers will be used.

<MV BATTLER: file>

The MV format has separate animations for THRUST, SWING or MISSILE attacks. To specify which motion to use when Battle Symphony calls for an ATTACK animation, use the following note tag on actors, enemies or weapons:

<MV ATTACK MOTION: keyword>

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Instructions:

1. Place these scripts under Materials in the following order
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Archeia/YEARepo/master/Battle/Ace_Battle_Engine.rb
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/suppayami/Battle-Symphony/master/build/Battle-Symphony.rb

2. Copy the required MV battlers into the Graphics/Characters subdirectory in your VX Ace project.

3. You will need to add note tags to your database, to specify which battlers to use for each actor and enemy. Without this tag, the default battlers will be used.

<MV BATTLER: file>

The MV format has separate animations for THRUST, SWING or MISSILE attacks. To specify which motion to use when Battle Symphony calls for an ATTACK animation, use the following note tag on actors, enemies or weapons:

<MV ATTACK MOTION: keyword>
I have put the scripts in the order you told me, I also putted my sprite in the characters/graphic and then I putted the tag on the notes, but it still doesn't work.

Last edited:

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I kinda did the same thing you told me before in the test you send me, but I think I got which was my mistake, and I think it was that I just used the sprite rather than doing a spritesheet like you showed me before, right?
If so with what program do I make and use the spritesheet (by that I mean what program shows me what animation is used for what like you showed me in your spritesheet template)?

And thank you very much for all the help.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauram22