FeiLin

Cats are cute!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, guys! I've been trying to find some sideways or diagonal stairs for Rpg Maker Vx Ace but I still haven't found one..
I did found some but it's not the one I need :'(

Anyone who where I can find one?

I need something like this one:
61e6e037e46c153b502273d7_image8.png

But for Vx Ace instead.
I'm not good at drawing so there's that :yswt:

Side Note: Did I post in the right thread? If not, I apologize..

FeiLin

Cats are cute!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a tutorial on the blog on how to make your own and it does not require actual drawing at all:
You just might have to do some maths, as the MV/Z size I talk about is 48x48 and VX uses 32x32
Wow, now that's a really cool one..

What did you use here and how did you make them face sideways?
I'm sorry, I'm still new to this :yswt:

AlphaOmega

Alpha Ωmega Graphics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, now that's a really cool one..

What did you use here and how did you make them face sideways?
I'm sorry, I'm still new to this :yswt:
If you click on the article she linked, it will take you through the whole process step by step and she shows you what she used too.

FeiLin

Cats are cute!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you click on the article she linked, it will take you through the whole process step by step and she shows you what she used too.
Oh, I mean the software, I usually use Gimp but maybe the software used here is different cause I can't find a tool to "slope" or maybe I didn't noticed it.

AlphaOmega

Alpha Ωmega Graphics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I mean the software, I usually use Gimp but maybe the software used here is different cause I can't find a tool to "slope" or maybe I didn't noticed it.

1642772678625.png
To do it manually you just basically take each line of pixels and move them up or down one by selecting the line of pixels with your select tool and just offsetting the line by one either up or down depending on which way you are working.

Note: it seems that the program she uses is free? you can check it out here

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
1642779187835.png
In Gimp this task is called shear, you just have to make sure you set the interpolation to none (otherwise blurryness happens) and the exact values differ. As I do not usually use Gimp for that task (graphicsgale is just more convenient with me choosing the angle with a fixed value here) you might have to try around to get the angle you want, I cannot say which one it is from the top of my head.

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I wish I had known about shear yesterday while I was making roof variations the long way! XD I figured some Gimp equivalent must have existed, but I didn't look too deeply into it. Now I know! Thank you, Avery!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_25_2022_7_37_13.png

my game has distinct areas where travel through what are known as "battle stations" these are more or less areas to explore and fight. occasionally, you'll stumble across secret rooms with sidequests ready to be taken. this area is in the high school attic of all places... but how do ya get there is the question.
Redoing my intro scene for the 10 millionth time is pain
So this flat Earther named Mike Hughes build his own rocket to prove that the Earth was flat. But on liftoff he still had the ladder he climbed up to the rocket laying against it. Needless to say things didn't go as planned.
Anyone else just get battle system ideas but not have a game to attach them to?
Update to the Bootleg YS Battle system. Butt-stabbing is now a thing.
If you hit a monsters back, that hit does triple damage and the monster doesn't hit you; however the monster will immediately turn to face you. Also, figured out how to make Bombs, Sling-shot, a Hammer, and a Saw if you didn't see my previous video. Also made Teleportation circles and a warp whistle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meowsica