Sideways Stairs or Animated Splash Screen?

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by LawrenceindaSky, Feb 23, 2019.

1. LawrenceindaSky

LawrenceindaSky Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I don’t know if this is the right place to put this but one is a request and the other I don’t know if it exists..

First one is Sideways Stairs: I’m making a game and to give it more atmosphere and uniqueness I wanted to try adding stairs, but sideways, and I was thinking Regions can work? One region goes up-left, down-right and the other goes up-right, down-left? I’m not too worried about this, the other plugin is what I mainly am asking.

Videos, movies folder, to work as a splash screen as an introduction before a title screen? Possibly naming the file order in the plugin parameters? There might be one out there but I’m not sure but I’ve looked all over the place for Stairs and I may just have to make due and have them up and down.

Thank you if anyone can help!

2. Milennin

Milennin "With a bang and a boom!" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For sideway stairs, I use touch events that force move the player sideways up/down a tile when touched. Not sure why a plugin would be required here?

3. LawrenceindaSky

First Language:
    English
    That would force the player rather than them walking seemlessly, like they can stop midway on the Stairs? It would seem a little lazy to just have the character automatically walk in that direction, it would give it more feel if the player has the control to immediately turn around if needed on the stairs? This probably makes no sense to you sorry, I shouldn’t be replying at 2:38AM XD.

4. Milennin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It force moves them up/down only 1 tile at a time, so it's no different than regular movement, except that they move diagonally. It looks best if the staircase is at 45° to support straight diagonal movement, but still functionable at other angles as well. Had an awkwardly angled slope in one of my games that still worked pretty well using just touch tiles to move:

5. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sideways stairs: eventing can work but there were some factors I personally didn't like (mostly collision events, I think), so I made a plugin. Hasn't been extensively tested, but it seemed stable last time I tried it. Here's a link in case you're interested: view file (Google Drive)

Animated/video splash: will need a plugin, maybe this one by Galv?
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/galvs-animated-splash-screens.61027/

Alternatively you could event it with a plugin like Pre-Title Events by Himeworks:
    http://himeworks.com/2015/11/pre-title-events/

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  6. LawrenceindaSky

First Language:
    English
    Thank you! The pre-title helped a lot!

caethyril likes this.
  7. LawrenceindaSky

First Language:
    English
    How do you make them move 45 degrees on a event? I don’t know how to script so yeah I would love an example!

8. Milennin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When setting movement route, using the ones like "Move Lower Left", "Move Upper Right" etc makes sprites move diagonally. (Also might need Direction Fix while they move.)