James

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

SYNOPSIS/FEATURES

• A traditional RPG inspired mainly by the SNES/PSX/PS2 era franchises such as Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Lufia, Chrono and such, but also from western franchises as well such as The Elder Scrolls and The Witcher. Also inspired by the steampunk genre, anime, literature, music and such.

• The game takes place mainly on the Cadenamus and Valossia kingdoms, two bordering and allied kingdoms. To a lesser extent, other islands and kingdoms will be available.

• A two sided-story with a focus on a full group (J-RPGs approach) on one side and a single character in another (western RPGs approach). Story shifts seamlessly between them.

• A mainly psychologic/fantasy focusing on the personal/mutual goals and relationships between its characters, which are also influenced by the political situation of their world. Themes ranges from friendship and love to moral, ethics, political and interracial conflict;

• Turn-based combat focusing on resource management, mostly in the balanced usage of physical skills and magic (cost-less attack command disabled for all and guard command available for 1 character only).

• Less encounters (on-map) with larger troops that work together, almost like sub-boss fights. This is to reduce or remove the need for grinding and put emphasis on strategy.

• 3 rows to choose from in battle (front, middle, back), each with their own effects to attack, magical attack, defenses (physical/magical) and usability of physical skills. Enemies will fight using these to their own advantage (normal and bosses).

• A magic install system that allows the player to obtain or buy spheres that allows a character to equip magic according to how many slots are available.

• A skill tree system that allows the player to unlock different sets of skills to each character. At each level, 1 point is gained to be used for such.

• Alchemy, smithing and invention systems in place (not in the current demo)

• Special care pertaining text quantity. There will be no needless rambling by the main characters or chunks of 20 minutes of text in the intro.

• The save option will be available everywhere. Certain spots will still be on maps to remember the player to save at certain and will also restore the party's resources.

SCREENSHOTS

SETTING/WORLD DEVELOPMENT

• The kingdoms have a medieval style/way of life mixed with an advanced technology thematic inspired by steampunk (this is most noticeable in Cadenamus)

• Each race and region have their own culture, religions and philosophies in place

• Siels had their own language, but it was dropped for communication over the course of years in favor of the more common ‘language of the kingdoms”. However, old scribes can still be found in old ruins and other locations. They still use this in some ceremonial occasions.

STORYLINE/PLOT

Siels

A race visually similar to humans, with only a distinct bright in the eyes that only humans can notice. Their most distinct trace is their ability to learn magic naturally, which was only made possibly for humans through the use of MagiteX devices, to a limited extent. They also deem themselves as nature’s guardians and have their own culture and religion.

The Fall of a Giant

At the time of its downfall, Sciathom was an advanced metropolis unrivaled anywhere in the known world. The scientific laboratory located there made viable inventions such as airships, thermal energy and the dreaded MagiteX, a turning point for Cadenamus in the last war.

In the climax of said war, when Valossian forces sieged and invaded the city, an unexpected event happened: Sciathom was blown to pieces in a massive explosion that left only a huge crater where it once stood. Initially, only the Cadenamian prince and a few scientists survived. To this day, the true cause was never discovered.

Survivor

The surviving scientists along with some knights made a search for survivors on the outskirts of the ruins of Sciathom. They collected some bodies to use as subjects for an experiment that involved the transplant of a mechanical heart to them, along with magical procedures. This was supposed to be used on the king himself, but his body was lost in the explosion. The test was considered a success even when only a single subject survived: a baby, which was deemed to become a knight when he came to age.

The Two Kingdoms

After the tragedy and bloodshed of the last war between Cadenamus and Valossia, the kingdoms ended up forming an alliance of mutual cooperation in the recovery and development of each other. Their kings, Alexander and Benicius, are sons of the former Cadenamian king, Atilah the XVII. As such, they trust and know each other well. But their opposite vision on the “Siel question” is starting to take a dramatic turn.

Silent Killing

Since the years of war, the deliberate persecution and killing of Siels was a secret and important agenda in Cadenamus. This was due to the king’s fear that they could rebel against humans and use their powerful magic to destroy everything they had built thus far. As his two sons took over the thrones of Cadenamus and Valossia, one of them kept the agenda alive. It was Alexander of Cadenamus, who shared most of his father’s thoughts. This has to be carried upon by his military, whether they like it or not. Many resistance groups where formed in recent years to fight for the Siels, but their battle seems almost lost as Sielian towns/cities are being reduced to ashes one by one.

CHARACTERS

Janus Orander
Sole survivor of the Sciathom’s accident, Janus is one of King Alexander of Cadenamus’ royal guards. As such, he responds directly to the king and will to choose between his loyalty to his liege and his newfound love for a Sielian girl.

Luxor Vanase
Former barbarian, made into a knight and royal guard, he is Janus’ partner on most missions. His seemingly carefree style contrasts with Janus’ more serious demeanor. He puts his duty over everything as the way in which he provides for his family.

Alethia Y'la
Dancer for a traveling group of artists that travels all over Cadenamus and Valossia. She eagers for a chance to be able to help her people in the ever-growing Sielian conflict, but has to take care of her father and help keep his group alive.

Linus Vartan
Former teacher in Sciathom, now a wanted man in Cadenamus, Vartan leads one of the largest Sielian resistance group currently in activity, the Liberty Legion. With his powerful speech, he is able to put more and more people onto his cause. He’s also a powerful summoner who uses this as a trademark of the actions of his group.

Elysia Lant
A veteran who fought in the last war, she is Janus’ mentor and considered a mother by him. After a certain mission, she disappears, leaving behind only her desire to abide of her position as commander of Cadenamus’ elite force, TITAN.

Audrina Elion

A young girl that left the isolated Albardia Kingdom in search of her father, who left their home to "live for the science". She's currently being held captive in the dungeon below Austera's Palace of Warriors, after trying to sneak in there and steal confidential data.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the character designs!

Hero_Claive

(Phoenix Ember)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks fantastic. The lighting is well-designed and well-placed, the tiles look non-RTPish which is always a plus, and the character designs are professional-grade. Always awesome to see a game inspired by classic JRPGs too when that seems to be a growing scarcity in this forum.

Any pics of the battle screen? I suppose that could make or break a game taking after classic JRPGs. Regardless the presentation alone makes me want to play this game.

James

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the character designs!
Thanks!

Looks fantastic. The lighting is well-designed and well-placed, the tiles look non-RTPish which is always a plus, and the character designs are professional-grade. Always awesome to see a game inspired by classic JRPGs too when that seems to be a growing scarcity in this forum.

Any pics of the battle screen? I suppose that could make or break a game taking after classic JRPGs. Regardless the presentation alone makes me want to play this game.
Thanks a lot! Good to know I'm on the right track. I'm still working on how the battle will work and look like, so I initially thought of not showing it yet, but there are some pics of it in the OP now.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a heads up, there seems to be missing resources. I tried to play it, but got a loading error right away. :rswt
loading error.png
I also noticed that there seems to be weird red boxes around some words in the Options menu, do you have a spellchecker plugin installed? It's a good thing to have while working on the game, but you should probably turn it off before deploying the game so that the players don't end up seeing the red boxes.

James

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a heads up, there seems to be missing resources. I tried to play it, but got a loading error right away. :rswt
I also noticed that there seems to be weird red boxes around some words in the Options menu, do you have a spellchecker plugin installed? It's a good thing to have while working on the game, but you should probably turn it off before deploying the game so that the players don't end up seeing the red boxes.
Sorry about that. I must have taken stuff away thinking they weren't used anywhere just before uploading it. I also forgot to turn off the spellchecker plugin. Dumb me.

I've put up a new version in the OP with these things corrected.

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
wow I gotta admit this looks really well done visually, GJ. btw that carnival screenshot brought back CT memories xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The workweek is now over. Now I can work on my GamZzzzzZzzzzZzzzZzzZz....
Just watched Onward with the family. One of the best movies I've ever seen. <3
2 hours & 20 minutes remaining. :D
...trying to hurry finish up all commissions before I never put the controller down again ;)
Who enjoyed Steven Universe: The Movie?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
White_Space