Silenity's Let's Plays & First Impressions

Discussion in 'Maker Casual' started by Silenity, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey there!
    I'm currently willing to do a LP or FI of your game!
    It can be a fully completed game or a small demo.
    I've never done anything like this so we can both give each other feedback!

The only requirement is that it be made with an RPG Maker engine.
    Also, please state what kind of feedback you're most interested in receiving!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    BerryB, FluffexStudios, Dama and 3 others like this.
  2. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is nice! If you're willing, I would love to submit my demo to you by the end of the day. I had it test it by some people first and I'm currently applying the fixes.

PROS: There are tons of custom systems (I've coded 99% of the game if you don't count the default plugins) with a unique battle system, ability system, quest system, and more!

CONS: Hmm... typos? A lot of them...

Silenity likes this.
  3. Aoi Ninami

Aoi Ninami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well, I have a short demo available now (just one dungeon), so if you feel like giving it a try... this is where to go!

Silenity likes this.
  4. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds good! Any kind of particular feedback you're looking for most?

5. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    MushroomCake28 and Silenity like this.
  6. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think in a demo, it is fair to evaluate these points (from most important to less, imho):
    - Gameplay: Is it fun? This includes battles, maps, dialogues, etc.
    - Art: Anything graphical, from tiles to characters.
    - Music: Mostly BGM, but also the implementation with BGS and SE.
    - Story: Since it's a demo, the story is less important since you're playing to get a taste of the game (and probably haven't start at the beginning). If it's a full game, then the story can be a lot more important.

Silenity likes this.
  7. Aoi Ninami

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well, the feedback to version 0.1.0 criticised the balancing of regular enemies, and I've tried to improve that in 0.1.5 (the current version), so it would be good to know how it feels now. But really, all feedback is welcome, especially as the demo is so short there won't be a huge amount to say about each facet :p

Silenity likes this.
  8. Tw0Face

Tw0Face Chief Executive Officer Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I released two fully completed games here and they lack feedback. You can find them linked to my signature. Feel free to Let's Play one of them (or both) if you like what you see. What kind of feedback I'm most interested in receiving? Umm, I would highly appreciate any kind of feedback. But I think the most important issue for me to know is how much fun you had with my games and why.

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

Silenity likes this.
  9. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Silenity likes this.
  10. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just finished a play through of your game! It wasn't bad, definitely frustrating at some points because of balance issues.
    Here's a link to the video!

11. Isabella Ava

First Language:
    English
    @Silenity if you going to try my game, i suggest you to check empty bottles/barrels for hidden equipments.
    Also to read Game Manual once you received it & check Actor's Skill List for detail explain of how to do
    Combo. Otherwise well... you may find it quite tough (ノ*゜▽゜*)

MushroomCake28 and Silenity like this.
  12. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Lets play finished! I absolutely love the art for your game!
    The combat system looks cool but I absolutely suck at it.
    Here's the video!

Isabella Ava and MushroomCake28 like this.
  13. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey! I've finished the corrections to my demo!

You can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a72iyg9yxmnr47t/Project Luna Sanctus DEMO (v.1.04).zip?dl=0

Length: about 90-120 mins
    Includes: 2 dungeons, 1 village.
    What to look forward to: battle system, ability system (available through the status menu), minimap and quest system (tells you where to go like in Witcher 3), music (all composed by me), Skit System, Option menu.

EDIT: You can skip the initial tutorial if you want. You can learn about the battle system has you play with it.

EDIT 2: If it's too long, you can always play only the first dungeon (there's a cutscene after exiting the dungeon). Also, the boss is kinda hard in the first dungeon lol.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Silenity likes this.
  14. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just finished playing the first few levels of Castle Warfare!
    I really enjoy resource management type games so I had a lot of fun.
    It was simplistic at first but gained a lot of depth with each new level!
    Here's the video!

Tw0Face and MushroomCake28 like this.
  15. Aoi Ninami

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Silenity Thanks very much for the video! I enjoyed it, and I'll have a look at your videos of the other games this evening.

A couple of points in response to your feedback:

* This is intended to be a game where individual encounters are dangerous and you should make sure you're at (or close to) full health before most battles. Ken says this at one point in the tutorial dungeon, but I think you missed that (you didn't even heal before the Evil Eye). I'm not sure what else I should do to get that point across, but since you only had one game over during the entire dungeon, I guess maybe the difficulty wasn't as bad as you made it sound? :p
    * The tablet behind the healing crystal explains what it does. I will definitely make it only heal if you're below max HP/MP so that the player can't use up all the charges at once. I think you would have had a better time if you hadn't done that.
    * You misread the other tablet -- the order of troops from weakest to strongest is blue, green, yellow, red.
    * Stephanie's physical defence is really weak. I'll just give her a Buckler to start out with, since she presumably found one in her morning dungeon just as Erika did.
    * Ranged weapons have a 20% miss chance, but have a 20% critical chance to compensate. This is (hopefully) an interesting choice later in the game, but in the early game, you can't afford that miss chance, so you should give Erika either the Mallet (from the first shop) or a Branch (stolen from a Wood Golem). I will remove the Catapult from the first shop and have it available only later.
    * You said Stephanie was useless for the Rock Golem fight, but Erika could have used Fire Blade on her.

Would you be interested in playing more when I've built more? Let me know whether you think I need to make more changes in addition to the ones I've listed.

Silenity likes this.
  16. Isabella Ava

First Language:
    English
    It's great to see you play @Silenity
    I will definitely remember to explain how does thing work to player next time =|
    Actually i did include a detail explanation at first, but i thought that player could
    get annoyed of too much text so i moved all of it into Game Manual item =D
    That comment of less equips is so right, i must remember that too =)

Silenity and MushroomCake28 like this.
  17. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Isabella Ava Honestly, your game is gorgeous is very well designed. It drew me in instantly! Very nice work!

Silenity likes this.
  18. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for letting me play your game! And thank you for your feedback as well! I'd definitely like to play your game again!
    I'll work on my own personal skills to give better feedback for the future<3

Your custom artwork is gorgeous! I probably should have read the game manual as well to get a better grasp on the idea on how to use combos.
    Thank you for the feedback!

Alrighty! So I really liked the custom artwork and the battle face graphics were really cool.
    However, the dungeons and battle system were both super linear and uninteresting.
    There's a few bugs and an especially game breaking one with the training system. It only reduces gold, it doesn't check if you actually have the required gold.
    Here's the video!

19. Dama

Dama Veteran Veteran

I think that red area of the circle just kills every player of your game. Put it on tutorial that hitting the red area deals more damage than black part.

@Silenity I couldn't do the combos, I don't know how it shows up but when a bar appear under your target, you can enter the combo.
    For dashing in RM games if it has dash but not autodash, try moving by mouse.
    and my game
    https://itch.io/jam/igmc2018/rate/336596

Isabella Ava and Silenity like this.
  20. Tw0Face

Tw0Face Chief Executive Officer Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Silenity: Thank you very much for doing a video on Castle Warfare. I'm glad that you enjoyed the insight into the game. I saw that you had a hard time beating Level 5. It's one of the first stages that requires you to plan very carefully and build strategically. This one is pretty tough. It was kinda cool that you didn't give up on this, but kept trying until you managed to overcome it. B)

Some feedback for you as Let's Player: You're still a bit fast in some places. But maybe that's just how you are. I also know some people who like to speak a bit faster so it's okay for me. Anyway, for doing this for the very first time, you've done quite well. Keep it up. :rock-right:

I also just started watching the "Welcome to Hell"-Let's Play and I had to laugh really hard as the gigantic bus suddendly crashed into the house wall. xD

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Silenity likes this.