Silly Boat Not Auto Pathing Or Removing After Completion

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Krakaz, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Krakaz

Krakaz Forever Krakaz Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello Everyone,I've come across another simple problem that's been wracking my brain,I've done the round about way to fix the test issue but I'd like to get it working properly for those who play my game once i give them a completed demo.

the issues at hand are no matter if i set the boat event as event movement or as a custom route both options don't path in any way shape or form. I've tried it as action button ~ auto running event but alas no change in motions I'm sure i'm missing something blatantly obvious but I'll ask on here all the same.

whats meant to happen is the actor talks to the captain ( on the boat ) the boat then path's to the island to the east, the captain bids a safe journey and both the docks and boat events end (that or be "hidden") i'll post some screen shots to show what I've done.
    Thank You in Advanced for any suggestions and help.
    sorry for the flood of images.

Attached Files:

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You have your move route set to "This event" instead of the boat event. "This event" refers to the event in which you are doing the command, not any other.

3. Krakaz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ahh thanks i knew i was missing something obvious,ill set it to the "boat event" and see how it all pans out.
    thank you for the help

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    additionally, you mistook the "event touch" trigger.
    That is triggered by the event moving onto the player - and the event doesn't move at all.

There is no event-to-event trigger by default.

additionally, if you transfer the player to a different map, the event containing the transfer command gets erased. Some commands in events after transfer might be executed, but that is so difficult to determine that most users simply follow the rule "no commands after a transfer command", those commands should be on the next map.

5. Krakaz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ive set it back to action button event also thinking of something along the lines of setting my actor to transparent having the boat itself path over then triggering a teleport to new location turning transparency off,end event and seeing how that effect looks.thankfully its a small event so i'll work these helpful tips into it and hopefully it will look more fluid to the player.

EDIT: the start and end locations are the same map forgot to put that into the reply

6. Krakaz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    thank you @Kes and @Andar the motion works flawlessly now my only issue is that it still leaves the boat from the boat event on the far shore regardless of the "erase event" at the end of the sequence,I think ill counteract this by simply having the tide come in making the boat useless until "x event switch" is triggered lowering the tide once more.

thank you for your help as always.