Silly Newbie Question RE: Poison-like States

Talespinner2016

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so I tried looking in the manual, and I tried looking around on the forums, and I can't seem to find anything that addresses this question (probably because I am missing something so blatantly obvious that even having to ask is a sign that I deserve to be flamed, but I am hoping not). How do you make it so that poison (and other DoT based states) deal floor damage as you walk? And is there a way to adjust the frequency/severity of damage application from this effect? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer with this problem.

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe this helps?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Poison (or any state) does happen when you walk, just not every tile.
Somewhere in the core scripts there is a number that determines how many steps are needed for regeneration (or poison, which is negative regeneration) to happen. I don't know at the moment if that is 20 or 100 steps or whatever, but that is the way it happens in default.

To make it into something that happens every step, you'll need a plugin to change that mechanic/number

Talespinner2016

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so let me see if I have this right... under the default system, if someone has a regenerative state (positive or negative) outside of battle, the effect of that state will be automatically applied every so often, based on parameters set in the core engine. But the plugin that waynee95 shared allows me to play with those settings. Okay, that sounds awesome! Thanks so much for your help, guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

On the plus side, if all this rioting sparks another Covid outbreak... I will have a whole lot of time to work on my game. Not exactly how I wanted to get that time, but hey I'm a glass is half full... of RM kind of guy. :LZSwink:
A video once in a while won't hurt.
Have a craving for a Nesquik milkshake. No idea why. Haven't had one since I was a kid. lol. I remember them kinda tasting nice, but also leaving a lot of nasty powder at the bottom of the cup.
The more I think about it, the weirdest part of going to work post-virus will probably be getting used to seeing my coworkers' mouths again. :LZYshock:
I think one of my weirdest realizations is that my speed of game development would probably be about the same if I *didn't* work a full-time manual labor job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guangdi