Silly Newbie Question RE: Poison-like States

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Talespinner2016, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Talespinner2016

Talespinner2016 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Okay, so I tried looking in the manual, and I tried looking around on the forums, and I can't seem to find anything that addresses this question (probably because I am missing something so blatantly obvious that even having to ask is a sign that I deserve to be flamed, but I am hoping not). How do you make it so that poison (and other DoT based states) deal floor damage as you walk? And is there a way to adjust the frequency/severity of damage application from this effect? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer with this problem.

2. waynee95

waynee95 Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Maybe this helps?

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Poison (or any state) does happen when you walk, just not every tile.
    Somewhere in the core scripts there is a number that determines how many steps are needed for regeneration (or poison, which is negative regeneration) to happen. I don't know at the moment if that is 20 or 100 steps or whatever, but that is the way it happens in default.

To make it into something that happens every step, you'll need a plugin to change that mechanic/number

4. Talespinner2016

Talespinner2016 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Okay, so let me see if I have this right... under the default system, if someone has a regenerative state (positive or negative) outside of battle, the effect of that state will be automatically applied every so often, based on parameters set in the core engine. But the plugin that waynee95 shared allows me to play with those settings. Okay, that sounds awesome! Thanks so much for your help, guys.