Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SilusLogoWeb.png

SYNOPSIS
In the age of discovery, a young archaeologist and his friends explore a ruin, finding a piece of the secret that will shake the foundation on which the world is built. With this knowledge, they journey to stop a man set on awakening a great power that could destroy everything they love. With forces beyond their comprehension against them, they set off to find the lost capital of the Frejian Empire, in hopes that they are not too late.

Silus is a turn-based role playing game in which you control a rotating party of characters following a story of discovery, friendship, and the struggles of learning from the past to create a better future. Solve puzzles, fight dangerous enemies, and learn of the world by exploring each area to its fullest.
  • Seven playable party members total in a rotating cast of characters
  • Solve your way through several dungeons and battle enemies in random encounters with quick combat and movement.
  • Exploit enemy weaknesses using seven elemental types and use buffs/debuffs to succeed in battle!
  • Multiple side quests! Featuring an item trading quest, a block pushing minigame, and side dungeons where powerful optional bosses wait for you to challenge them.
  • A main quest of about 10-15 hours!
  • Silus can be played with either a keyboard or a controller and settings can be changed from the options menu

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im going to try it, will feedback later on.

EDIT:
When playing around 1 thing is a bit unclear on the shop in the town you start,
mainly the tunic +5 def on the mail and +3 female (50 silver)
while the chainmail is 1 def LESS but cost 160, idk why less def cost more,
while it can be better if it was 3 def better than tunic when you want to wear it.

story seems intresting, but I died very quickly underground on that robot thing.
but on this run, I might have issues while the balance arent that good, some monsters
knock you out in 2-3 turns, the robot thing in 1 hit while you have no time to heal.

While I grind a bit, I try again on lv5 and see how it goes, but maybe re-balance
the battle might be a nice idea :)

Last edited:

kenlan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
This looks very interesting, a "must" try. Will leave feedback as i play it." A rotating party " seems promising because in most of the games you stuck with the same persons in your party. Or at least i have a tendency to stick with the same characters. Is this your first game?

jetstorm4

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi ShadowDragon and kenlan! Thank you for trying the game out!

As for the first boss, I'd say at level 5 you should be able to defeat the boss while also using some of the treasure in the first dungeon. I've had a couple of people play the game as I was making it and this boss was either easy or hard for them depending on what they were doing. Magic/Skills hit hard in this game and they will continue to do so as it goes on. Best of luck, but if you try again I think you'll be fine. As for the leather tunic/ chainmail... huh, actually this one is an error on me. Sorry about that, I was supposed to remove the leather tunic item entirely since I had both serving almost the same function and in the same armor type. I can check to see if that occurs later on as well. No one I had test it mentioned that to me and I didn't catch it my last playthrough either.

@kenlan this is my first RPG Maker release! I've been working with RPG Maker since... well let's just say RPG Maker came out for the PS1 when I started, but I've never had anything I considered showing off. I've worked with other engines and genres more. I had always wanted to make an RPG and this is what I came up with. As for the rotating party, you will be using most of the same party throughout but I rotate a few of those slots every once in a while. The party is fixed depending on how far along you are. Have fun!

JP92717

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll give your game a shot and will let you know how it goes. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to finish this game? Mine took around seven months to finish although I'm tempted to see what else I can add/improve upon.

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! I've been playing through this game & having a real nice time! I was gonna wait til I finished the game to post, buuut I'll say a few things right quick:

In the forest maze dungeon, I picked up the mushrooms before talking to the old woman, which ended up with me having dialogue of her suddenly cooking & stuff when I first found her, instead of her giving an introduction. Basically I couldn't see her introductory scene :rswt

Also, I'd maybe fix the way random encounters work... There have been a few rare times where I take 1-2 steps & then get thrown into a battle. From what I know, this is something that rpgmaker does by default, where the "encounter steps" just means it'll take a random number between 1 and whatever number you inserted for the encounter gauge. I believe Olivia's "Anti Player Stress" plugin has an "encounter steps minimum" feature if you feel like that's something you wanna add in.

One more thing for now, I liked the gimmick of the school's boss battle a lot! It's probably been my favorite so far. Though I don't know if I got lucky or not, but I wish it revived the elements a little more often after you finished the "defeat each element with its weakness" part. When I did the fight, it only revived one element, once.

(and speaking of bosses, I really like the boss music! Is that from the Hiroki Kikuta pack? I've considered buying it...)

Anyway, this has been a real nice game so far! I've been having a nice time & I'm interested in seeing how the story plays out!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jetstorm4 you got a typo on the north mountain to alcahest, one of the actor saying alchaest,
missing a "h", shouldn't the soldier move to get through it?

jetstorm4

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon I had some time this morning and I reread the scene there and caught the mistake, thank you! The 'h' was actually in the wrong place, the soldier however does not move right now, your next destination after this is to head out the other gate in the first town (Where the two npcs had blocked the way before) towards the desert area you see beside there. Thank you for the catch!

@Mimironi I have not looked into that script before, I will have to take a look and see what that would offer! I probably won't implement it into Silus, but I'll consider it if I decide to use Random Encounters for future projects! Thank you!

Boonty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do I win for finding this ? :)

"
You really shouldn't be seeing this text. How did you get Xiba

into your party? Did you cheat??? No Seriously, How did you do it?"

jetstorm4

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Boonty you win my undying respect and confusion because I'm seriously asking how did you do it???

Adena Flash

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Hmm... an interesting game. I'm going to play it! :cutesmile:

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I've completed the game just now, and I've really enjoyed my (43 hours long) playthrough. Silus is at least above average in all aspects, which can't be expected from a first project, so you really deserve the praise.

If you still intend to update Silus, here's a list of (potential) bugs and improvement suggestions:

- It seems the attack bonus for the front row (formation) doesn't work (at least not when it comes to normal physical attacks). This issue gives the player the incentive to place all party members in the back row (though I was too overpowered to discern if party members in the back row really take less damage from physical attacks).

- Bosses are surprisingly susceptible to Fascination (might or might not be intentional). In fact even the most powerful bosses can be rendered completely powerless by constantly abusing Rachel's corresponding skill.

- Try to tinker with RPG Maker MV's default mechanics. Otherwise, players will run into too many random encounters and it will be difficult for them to escape from them (my level 99 party, all party members equipped with Ancient Rings that also boost agility, sometimes couldn't even escape on the first try when facing two Frost Bats).

- The player should be notified ahead of time that there aren't any rewards for completing the box pushing puzzles in Marina more than once.

- Updated NPC dialogue. Alcahest: Dolores needs updated dialogue (sooner) for the time after the events at the Magic Academy (before the party acquires a ship). Pavv: Helen (inn) needs updated dialogue for the time after the party has acquired a ship (and/or for the time after the party has delivered Pricilla's letter to her). There are more opportunities to implement updated NPC dialogue, mostly in earlier visited settlements (especially indoors), e.g. regarding past events like blocked off travel routes that the player has already made accessible again.

- Alcahest: The Magic Item Shop owner still talks about the Fancy Mirror even after she has already received it.

- Forestera (when Aelph is the only active party member): Aelph isn't supposed to leave the village, but he can leave by using his Escape skill and proceed to Marsh Cave (might or might not be intentional). This could be an issue later at Aikos, too (which, sadly, I forget to check).

- While the player can't buy a boat ride ticket in Renuio once (s)he owns his/her own ship, it's still possible to buy a boat ride ticket in Marina.

- When I used Aelph's Escape skill inside
Grand Cathedral's dungeon in Valentia
(although after completing the dungeon), I was warped to Valentia Volcano on the world map (because this was the last manually entered dungeon). If this happened when the player hasn't completed
Grand Cathedral's dungeon
yet, this would possibly turn out to be a game-breaking issue (depending on whether or not the events that prevent the party from leaving the dungeon through the front door would push the party back inside when coming from the opposite direction). Unfortunately, I didn't have a suitable save file left, so I couldn't check this potential issue.

- Aikos: By spending the night at the inn before talking to Gen, the player encounters a black screen after the following cutscenes (game-breaking).

- Aikos: When examining the bookshelf that contains "Bound Together: A Romance Novel", Rachel addresses herself instead of Leeza.

- Is it intended that Mana Boughs and Mana Roots are more expensive in Aikos then they are in Valentia?

- The player can land the airship on Renuio's temple and then enter Renuio (game-breaking if the player somehow can't provide Aelph with enough MP to cast Warp, though that must be done on purpose at this point). The same applies to the lower left corner of Aikos's fortress building and the left side of Aikos's village buildings. Also affected: the upper village buildings of Pavv.

- The player can land the airship on the shadow cast by the floating Alcahest Magic Academy island. Ironically,
this method is used later to enter the final dungeon

- After I traversed the cave leading from Aikos to Marina, whenever I warped to Pavv or Dazil, the airship was transferred to the other location (i.e. when I warped to Pavv, the airship was transported to Dazil, and when I warped to Dazil, the airship was transported to Pavv).

- I think the Shiny Ring isn't supposed to (or at least shouldn't) have a chance to negate one's own magic effects (like buffs).

- During the third part in the Ancient Cave, the player can't backtrack once (s)he has reached the "endless stairs" room. I had to repeat the whole dungeon because of this by escaping (not knowing that I would complete the Ancient Cave five times anyway), because I had missed one passage earlier (only to see that this passage warps the player back to the beginning of the third part). Also, (some of) the treasures in the third part can be grabbed again by escaping and returning or by challenging the Ancient Cave again after completing it once. This could apply to (some of) the treasures in the fourth part, too. Furthermore, the teleportation circle at the end of the third part doesn't activate by simply stepping on it, the player has to press Enter in addition.

Furthermore, some questions remain after my playthrough. I think I've discovered everything the game has to offer (including
the trading side quest leading to the Forgotten Tower, the letter delivery side quest, the secret areas on the world map, the cave leading from Aikos to Marina, the World Tree side quest and the Ancient Cave
), but it can't hurt to ask:

- Is there any use for the
XXX Magazine
?
- Is there any (additional) reward for
paying Gilgamesh's check in Pavv
?
- Is anything different story- or quest-related during a New Game Plus playthrough?
- The following locations aren't accessible at all, are they?
-- Dazil: two rooms blocked inside the Merchant's Guild
-- Alcahest: two dormitory buildings
-- Renuio: door blocked by NPC inside the port office
-- Manoria Castle: three passages blocked by NPCs
-- Forestera: door inside the inn (can't be interacted with)
-- Valentia: three dormitory buildings and two doors blocked by NPCs inside the castle
-- Aikos: two passages leading upstairs blocked by NPCs inside the Guardian Manor

Thanks for an entertaining game. May many more players have a great time playing through Silus.

jetstorm4

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Euphoniac Hello! Thank you very much for playing through the game! I'm glad you at least had some enjoyment, and thank you for the tips and what you've said. I am planning on updating the game to fix some of the things other people ran into that I had missed and a couple that you said were things that someone else ran into as well. Thank you very much for the list so I can go down through it and fix everything ;D

From the list of things you've done, it looks like you've found everything that there is!

(And completing the Ancient Cave five times! I was wondering if someone would do that. It was intentional for those items to be collected again in the dungeon).

Gilgamesh's tab should give the party 10 berries too but I may have messed that up in this download, I have already gone through and fixed a few things and this was one of them.

As for everything else, the items and the areas you mentioned either have no use or are not accessible.

Again, thank you very much for enjoying the game and for the feedback!

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thanks for answering my questions. I'm glad that I could be of help and that I was able to enjoy everything Silus has to offer.

While I received 10 Heal Berries for paying Gilgamesh's tab, I thought there would an additional reward, since it's cheaper to buy the Heal Berries at the item shop. :p

If you don't mind, here are (from my playthrough notes) some extra content tips for players who struggle to find or complete optional tasks. Spoilers ahead, of course, and I strongly advise all players to give it a try on their own first.

Extra content tips:

Trading side quest:

- After receiving the Merchant's Guild Card: NPC in lower left corner (the bottommost one) in Dazil (10 Silver in exchange for Mystery Meat)

- NPC in house in lower right corner in Renuio (Mystery Meat in exchange for Fancy Mirror)

- Alcahest, Magic Item Shop owner (Fancy Mirror in exchange for Big Book of Magic Artifacts)

- Valentia College, NPC on second floor in library in lower right corner (Big Book of Magic Artifacts in exchange for Mystic Flute)

- Forestera, inn, NPC (behind the counter in upper right corner) downstairs (Mystic Flute in exchange for Forgotten Key)

- The Forgotten Key grants entry to the house on the small island west of Pavv (airship required). Here you find the Beachhouse Deed.

- Dazil, Harkon at the Merchant's Guild (Beachhouse Deed in exchange for Ancient Book)

- Travel to the Grand Forest north of Forestera. Where you followed the pink flowers before, instead follow the directions mentioned in the Ancient Book (east, north, north, east, west) to reach the Forgotten Tower (optional dungeon). There might be something useful at the top.

Letter delivery side quest:

- Talk to Princess Lana at Manoria Castle (second floor, room in eastern part).

- Deliver Princess Lana's letter to Kara at Valentia College in Valentia (first floor, northern part).

- Deliver Kara's letter to Pricilla in Renuio (boat office).

- Deliver Pricilla's letter to Helen in Pavv (inn).

- Deliver Helen's letter to Jess at Alcahest Magic Academy (outside on the floating island).

- Deliver Jess's letter to Princess Lana at Manoria Castle, then talk to her again (the following event can only be triggered after Leeza has joined the party permanently).

Secret areas on the world map:

- Northeast of Dazil inside the encircled rock formation

- South of Manoria, walking into the U-shaped forest section

- Upper right corner in forest glade north of mine exit in Forestera region

- West of Manoria (ship): Follow the creek leading southwest between the two northernmost Marsh Cave entry points.

- Southwest of Mirage Tower in Dazil area (airship): Land inside the h-shaped palm tree glade (southern tip) and walk north.

- Northeast of Forestera, northeast of the mine exit (not far away from and on the same latitude as the secret area mentioned in the third entry above, but only reachable via airship): Land in the forest glade and walk south into the mountains.

Miscellaneous:

- Pavv, inn: You can pay Gilgamesh's tab (1000 Silver) after he has joined the party, and receive 10 Heal Berries in return for doing so (although it would be cheaper to buy them at the item shop).

- Once you're strong enough (approximately after completing Mirage Tower), start slaying Yggdrasil Roots (most easily encountered west of Pavv on the world map, since the only other enemies encountered here are Slimes that can easily be fled from). Although defeating Yggdrasil Roots yields 0 EXP, you receive 8999 Silver and 1 Mana Root (restores all of one ally's MP). This is the easiest way to earn money in the early stages of the game, so that you can always afford the best equipment for everyone.

- After reaching Aikos, you can (and should) explore the cave leading from Aikos to Marina (you must enter at Aikos at first, and you'll see later why you couldn't enter at Marina).

- Once you're in possession of an airship (and strong enough), check out the World Tree island northeast of Alcahest.

- Once you're in possession of an airship (and strong enough), check out the Ancient Cave on the lake near Manoria. It might be a good idea to complete this dungeon five times.

- Before flying to the final dungeon, revisit the chapel in Renuio for additional lore.

Feel free to notify me of anything I might have missed.

Adena Flash

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
I have finished playing your game. The story was awesome, the Frejian Empire, Asheran's Templar, Goddess (weapon) Ashera, everything is awesome!
The story reminds me the conspiracy theory about Global Elites that conquer the world, share the lies, false god, false religion, manipulation, wars, etc. I think it almost like that in your story game. Very cool!

Well, when I was in Capital of Frejian, after beat Xiba I still don't understand what causes massive explosion in there? Did I miss something? or did the explosion just happen? I don't know...
Also, the level increase so fast after beat any monster, I think it's better to balance it, with exp and monsters.

People will regret if they don't play the Silus.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I had a question about the Demon Ward. Is it cumulative? Because having to fight random battles every 1 to 5 seconds is exhausting and annoying. I feel like equipping everyone in my party with a Demon Ward. Although wouldn't it be a Monster Ward? I haven't fought any demons and am near the end.

jetstorm4

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Tanarex,

Demon Ward is not cumulative (and I just came up with the name XD)

To give a little bit I suppose, I'm working on updating the game to change the random encounter rate because of feedback. I haven't finished it quite yet because I'm testing the game again to just make sure changing the encounter rate won't hurt the pacing and balance too much.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I skipped a lot of the random encounters. The only boss I have trouble with was the sewer Djinn. He would do 2 AOE's in a row and kill everyone. The only times I died during the game. Took me 4 tries. I ended up hitting him with an elemental stone that did 700 damage to finally kill him. Did like 3 times the damage of his normal weakness. The random battles weren't a problem in that area. I'll be able to give better feedback when I finish it. Including a game-breaking bug. Also those infinite mazes aren't fun.

Rikimaru

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So after I got to Aikos and talked to Gen, I accidentally forgot where I was supposed to go next lol. Would really appreciate if someone can remind me :guffaw:. Oh and the game is awesome, I'm having a really great time so far!

kenlan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hi.
It`s a little hard to explain what i my problem is. But where is Daleth? i have tried to touch the crystal from all sides and have open all chests.
But i can`t see any way to move forward in the tower. I have the ladder down(find the switch) but how and where to proceed? Gonna check you tube if someone have played it.
It`s a wonderful game,i really like it but now i have spend a lot of hours in the tower. Find him down in the cellar feels wrong. It feels like i should go up, but how? The picture shows where i am, and i have done all i can think of in the two doors. but i can see it must be a way up.
1590595462904.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Currently playing final fantasy 3 on DS. It's an old one but its a classic.
BCj
Gotta love some gossip :D
Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakeofblades