Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi.
It`s a little hard to explain what i my problem is. But where is Daleth? i have tried to touch the crystal from all sides and have open all chests.
But i can`t see any way to move forward in the tower. I have the ladder down(find the switch) but how and where to proceed? Gonna check you tube if someone have played it.
It`s a wonderful game,i really like it but now i have spend a lot of hours in the tower. Find him down in the cellar feels wrong. It feels like i should go up, but how? The picture shows where i am, and i have done all i can think of in the two doors. but i can see it must be a way up.
View attachment 145472
From what I can remember. You are heading to the roof. You have to touch the last crystal so the bridge to the exit appears on the other side. But then you have to go down on the ladder and all the way around to reach it. Now, that the ladder is down it is reachable.

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@Rikimaru: You've probably figured it out by now, but if not: Leave the village and go north, there's a forest that leads to a tower (the next main storyline dungeon). At least that's your destination after your first visit in Aikos as far as I can remember.

@kenlan: These bridge switch puzzles all work out in the end, just try out all possible combinations until you discover a new path.

kenlan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Thanks Tanarex. Now i have good clue about how to do. I knew it was something about the switch a missed.
And Euphoniac, thanks, i will write to you.

SharkwaveDave

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got to the first forest and was getting 1 and 2 shot by spiders. Healing wasn't even really helpful since the lvl 1 party has such as small mana pool. I just gave up because it seems like the balance is way off and isn't very fun or interesting at all.

Also during the intro you accidentally left one of the masked guy's name tags as Xiba.

Looks like it could be pretty decent but you need to work on balancing. Most people aren't going to bother trying to 'git gud' on the first dungeon, they'll just move onto another game.

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
It probably depends on your playstyle. I fought slimes outside the first village until I could afford the best equipment for everyone, and from then on, it was easy sailing. If you fight enough battles, the game's rather on the easy side. Only boss (AoE) spells are somewhat of a threat later damage-wise, but can - and should - be immediately healed.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So my review. Contains Spoilers. The Good, The Bad, and the Nitpicky.
The opening of the story looks like the game version of the Village of The Damned. With 3 white-haired kids. That's more of an observation than a criticism. There was a Willie E Coyote part where a trapdoor opens under Aelph and there are a couple of dialogue boxes before he falls. Just seemed out of place to me. What's the barrel gag? Baldr and Xiba are both trying to destroy the entire world and remake it in their own image. Which just seems silly to me. It's like two guys fighting over who gets to push the 'blow-up Alderaan button' on the Death Star. Overall the story isn't really unique. Main characters from a medieval civilization discover an advanced civilization that is thousands/billions of years old. That somehow everyone knows about but no one except the Scoobies are interested in exploring them. The main baddie that is or thinks he is a God. Two for one deal. A ragtag crew of kids ready to scooby-doo things up and unmask who is really behind the evil schemes. The villain reveal was easier to figure out than a two-piece jigsaw puzzle.
Yep, you can still get wiped out in your very first battle. Getting one-shotted is ridiculous. In the lava area, it just seems like the characters are pushing the bridge parts directly into the lava. Maybe have a dark hole where you can push it into? I thought it was clever that you had checkboard floor tiles when fighting chest pieces. But then I saw it in other places and thought it just might be a coincidence. There were a couple of long passageways (Including climb up and down vines) that just led to a dead end. No reward for exploring it. I found that annoying. During the last levels, I noticed that the items found in the chests were exactly the same or inferior as in the last town's shops. So you just ended up collecting stuff you already had. I'd recommend putting better versions of the items in the chests. There wasn't anything I picked up I didn't already have. Which was disappointing. The movable boxes/crystals, sliding, moving bridges, and button puzzles were fun. Infinite dungeons not so much. Kudos to the classic Zelda Infinite forest puzzle and the answer to it.
Being able to use the mouse was a nice feature. But there is no Load option in-game. You have to go to 'End Game' to the 'Title Screen' then 'Continue'. Kinda inconvenient.
The brightness of the Desert Town was hard on my eyes. I know it was supposed to be the glare from the sun but still... Some buildings have no doors which just personally irks me. There are a few towns/cities missing welcome signs. The inside of the buildings looks threadbare. There are no pictures, plants, desks, dressers in hallways, etc. The giant size of the rooms makes it more obvious how empty it looks. The objects you do have are just window dressing. You can't interact with most things. Just a few books on shelves.
None of the characters really stand out. You have a nerdy but upbeat archeologist kid. An upbeat galpal. An upbeat jock type. Then they find an upbeat guy in a crystal. Who for some reason an NPC thinks he is hot. Even though he looks like Nick Nolte drunk driving pic. Then they meet an insecure gay girl(Who is into kinky stuff) that they turn into an upbeat girl. Then they meet everyone's upbeat parents. Pretty sure they plan on killing the final boss with the power of Friendship. So Roddick doesn't get any skills till level 4. Not sure how he was gonna protect them.While Gilgamish gets 5 at Lvl 16. How come we can change the name of only 2 Guardians? But not Ishtar? If this game had any more gay characters they could start their own Queer Eye.
Red Dragon looks like a giant flying bug. Sewer Djinn wiped me out 3 times in a row with two aoes. I had lag during Gravity Dragon Battle. I don't know if anyone else had this issue. Polly the Dungeon Master has an instant death attack that is unpreventable. I think you should at least make a trinket that prevents it. The smasher boss just kept spamming it till I died. Couldn't beat the final boss. You kill his helpers and he rezzes them. You kill him they rez him. You would have to simultaneously kill all three. Which isn't easy to do since you have to keep checking their HP.
Since I don't own MV I have no idea what Endurance and Agility do. Maybe a little explanation in the description box. Not sure why forest creatures are wind-based. Birds I could understand. But wouldn't the rest be Earth-based? I have to guess what is the most powerful element by the MP cost. There is no damage range in the description. The Element spells eventually become increasingly useless. Not just because of the barriers the enemies put up that protect them from their weaknesses. Even when I summoning a guardian that is their weakness it only did 900 damage to a boss. But when I use a character's Omnislash physical attack it does like 3,000.
Between the fart references, the dirty mag, and the kinky references I'm beginning to think this was made by a kid.
There is one curse word. So I don't know what that is about. I also noticed you put yourself in the game as a final option boss.
I found some misspellings and grammar issues. But it would be totally ironic for me to lecture someone on it.
Overall it's a good game. Some balancing issues at the beginning and a few other places. Fun puzzle games. The story is kinda meh. Items in chests are the same in town. Elemental magic becomes increasingly useless. Could use more polish. A few passibility issues. Challenging boss battles. A bit too high encounter rate. The level design is good.

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Fair review. The points you mention didn't diminish my enjoyment.

Agility determines the order in which the battle participants act (like in any other JRPG). I'm sure you realized that the "jock" tends to make his "plays" last. Endurance should be magic defense (simply by method of elimination) and the reason why you had a hard time towards the end, since the magic attacks from bosses are dangerous even for high-level parties. My party reached (maximum) level 99 long before the final dungeon, so I could complete the game without breaking a sweat.

Didn't you find a game-breaking bug? I was curious what I had missed during my playthrough. If you found one, please share it with the developer.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated: I thought agility might be a dodge rate, crit, or attack speed. Since it has to do with quick reactions. Well, I guess luck would be dodge and crit rate. Actually, it was the 'nerd' that always went last in my game. But prolly because I was giving them fruits and veggies to whomever I thought needed them. Even though I wasn't sure what they did. Or if I thought I should be given them to the people that had high stats or low stats. Am I giving magical attack power to someone that has physical attacks? If all skills use MP does that mean they also include magical and physical attack power?
I thought Endurance might be HP. Or HP and MP. But I see what you mean and it all falls into place. Attack= Physical Attack. Defense = Physical Defense. Wisdom=Magical Attack. Endurance=Magical Defense. Agility= Attack Speed. Luck = Dodge and Crit.
I'm only at Lvl. 59. I guess I can go and get Ancient Rings for everyone else and level up while I do it I figure if I can 1 shot enemies with an Omnislash attack that I must be at the right level. I was able to beat all the optional bosses without too much trouble as well. I Skipped a lot of the battles. With both Demon Ward and Escape option. I kept getting interrupted by so many random battles I'd forget which way I was going and which side passages might have a chest at the end. But that's mainly due to my bad memory. Plus encounter rate was high. <-- Beating a dead horse here.
After reading previous comments I realized the bug was already covered. The one you discussed in the Inn at Aikos.
I thought the 'Bound Together: A Romance Novel' might be about 'something different' since Rachel also seemed to take an interest in a book about 'Elven Rope Techniques.' And I don't think I'm reading too much into this. Which just seems inappropriate and strangely out of place in a game about Friendship.
rope a dope.PNG
rope tying.PNGbondage.PNG
no doors.PNG"]Fakedoor.png
railing shortcut.pngwrong graphic.PNG
passibility roof.pngGoing down.png
Another elevator too. I ran out of screenshot room.

Last edited:

Rikimaru

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Euphoniac thanks for replying! I did figure it out after exploring for a while.

jetstorm4

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm sorry to have been gone for so long. I have read through the thread seeing everything that has been asked and seems to have been answered for the game. I have been working on a few fixes for balancing (mostly the late game exp rates to make the game a little more crunchy at that point), adjusting the high encounter rate to something that is a little more manageable, and finishing off a few of those grammar/misspellings that I didn't catch somehow.

Thank you all for the reviews and your thoughts on the game too! As for the maturity... look I grew up with Working Designs localizations so fart jokes are acceptable forms of humor and more games should have them XD (It explains a lot I know).

I could have put in more! Believe me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back
Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha