Silva Affinity System

Discussion in 'JS Plugins In Development' started by Silva, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Silva

Silva Scoobityboo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Silva Affinity System - Version 1.11
    Silva

Introduction
    This plugin add elemental affinity parameters to battlers and the option to have their element rates be calculated based on their affinities.

Features
    - Adds affinity parameters to battlers that can be used in the damage formula (and everywhere else).
    - Set up your own system dictating how elements will defend against each other and automatically calculate battlers element rates based on their affinities and your system set up
    - Option to have a second system set up to completely change the way elements interact - can be used to set up alternate worlds / areas / cycles where elements behave differently.

V1.10 Features:
    - Optional new page to be displayed in Yanfly's StatusMenuCore.

V1.11 Features:
    - Plugin now combines element rate calculated from affinity with the element rate derived from a battler's traits.
    - Notetags can now be used on classes, equipment and states to have them provide affinity bonuses.
    - Plugin parameters updated to make better use of MV 1.5.0+ parameter functionality. This means the plugin is no longer restricted to 20 elements and can now use the full 99 elements available in MV, and possibly more if this restriction is broken through another plugin. This does however mean plugin parameters will need to be input again if upgrading from v1.10 or below.

How to Use
    Download the plugin here. Install like any other plugin. Instructions are included in the plugin description - see below for example of element rates set up.

upload_2019-11-17_18-40-4.png

Above is an example set up for a game using 3 elements. Row 2 is highlighted and if we look at the values in this array it shows that a battler whose affinity is for element 2 will receive double damage from attacks that are element 1, half damage for attacks that are element 2 and normal damage from attacks that are element 3.

Terms of Use
    This plugin can be used for free in both commercial and non-commercial games, provided you credit me - Silva.
    You may edit my plugin for your own personal use but I would ask that you don't redistribute edits. You may instead create your own plugin that alters the way this one works and distribute that.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  2. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This sounds pretty cool. I might have to check this out.

Silva likes this.
  3. Silva

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks. If you do, let me know how you get on. :D

4. Silva

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  5. Kraden96

Kraden96 Friendly Fox Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I look forward to your development, this seems very handy for element type-based games like Pokemon! :D

Silva likes this.
  6. Silva

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    While the aim is certainly for element type based games it is unfortunately not built for a pokemon style system. Pokemon's elemental weakness and resistances are multiplied by each other when there are dual element pokemon, whereas my system uses weighted averages so the behaviour would be significantly different. I could certainly make a pokemon styled element system in the future though - if people wanted it. :)

7. Kraden96

Kraden96 Friendly Fox Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would be interested in it! :)
    It would be cool for there to be plugin that can assign elements to actors and enemies with type effectiveness! Would be handy for games with that idea of battle! :)

Silva likes this.
  8. Silva

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's good to know. It won't be something I do immediately but I may get round to it after I finish what I'm working on at the moment.

9. Silva

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin has been updated to version 1.11 and main post updated with details.