Silver Town (Final Version)

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Bonkers, Dec 16, 2013.

1. ChaoticLapras

ChaoticLapras A Noob Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Uh. I found a bug that stopped me playing, so I guess the demo is over for now.

Found this straight after Wolfe joined the party: [​IMG]
    Oh, and Wolfe was very overpowered against Emmet, I had to use a mod healing potion and only had like 200 health left after the battle, and I had used Obliterate for 800 damage practically every turn...

Bonkers likes this.
  2. Bonkers

Bonkers Bioware, do you need a nap? Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, and Wolfe was very overpowered against Emmet, I had to use a mod healing potion and only had like 200 health left after the battle, and I had used Obliterate for 800 damage practically every turn...
    Looks like the study is the place that has a journal entry that isn't functioning properly.  Thank you for the SS, this will help me eliminate the problem.  If it isn't too much trouble, could you possibly private message me a link to your latest save for bug shooting?  I wanna see this first hand.

EDIT:  AH!  I used quotations inside of a script call when I amended the optional information!  That was a big mistake when I put on the finishing touches.  I'll have a patch for you in just a moment to eliminate this completely.

EDIT Again:  Since the files are encrypted in this build, I cannot link a hot fix.  I have resolved the bad journal entry and re uploaded the demo with a new link in the first post.  http://www.mediafire.com/download/f6225fd2h2xmuni/SilverTown.exe

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
  3. ChaoticLapras

First Language:
    English
    Thanks! Will edit later to check it's fixed, am going out now...

Also, you should probably update the demo with the fix, so others don't say the same thing :p

EDIT: Uh, I don't have a data folder as it's encrypted!

Bonkers likes this.
  4. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It was early here so I wasn't thinking straight.  I've uploaded a new build of the demo that fixed the bug proper.  If people are willing to download it again they should be able to copy their saves over or overwrite the existing folder with the new extraction.

Edit: Should any other glaring errors occur that impede game play I will take the demo down in the interests of preserving people's time and effort.

5. Jarrad

Jarrad Broke College Student Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I downloaded it and when I ran it it said "Failed to initialize direct X audio" I was looking forward to playing but it wont work for me.

6. ChaoticLapras

First Language:
    English
    Reinstalling now, will let you know if it worked.

EDIT: Worked just fine for me...

@Jarrad Did it install and not run, or not install, or did it not allow you to make a new game? I am about to test whether new game works for me, will edit for you in a minute...

EDIT 2: New game works just fine for me! Do you have DirectX installed?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
  7. Jarrad

First Language:
    English
    It wont even open, it just says that and closes.

8. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interesting.  This sounds like the problem is on your end of things, let's look again.

I tried the file encrypted before sending to media fire and it worked fine on the lappy as well as the main rig.  Jarrad I can confirm this isn't a problem on my end of things with the game.  You may wish to re-install your Direct X audio drivers.  Other than that I cannot assist you expect with this yahoo answers message:

Have you attempted to troubleshoot your DirectX installation using the Direct X Troubleshooter? If not, do this: Open a Run dialog box, and enter, dxdiag and hit OK or Enter. 

This opens the Direct X Troubleshooter. If you are using Vista, the Run box is not on the Start menu by default. If you want to place the Run dialog box on the Start menu right click the Start Orb, and select Properties. On the Properties dialog box, click the Start Menu tab if it is not selected, then click Customize button. On the Advanced tab scroll down the list and place a check mark in front of Run dialog box and then click Ok, and then OK again. The Run dialog box is now displayed on your Start Menu. 

However, you can locate the Direct X Troubleshooter by typing dxdiag in the Start menu Search box, then click on that in the programs list. If you need to, right click and select Elevate and enter any password if required. 

When the Direct X Troubleshooter opens, you can click on the Sound or Audio tab, and perform any of the tests it has on that page, or you can run through each page in order by clicking Next Page at the bottom of each one, beginning with the System tab. 

Make sure you place a check mark in the box on the bottom of the System tab in front of Check for WHQL digital signatures, as this runs a check to ensure all are digitally signed and compatible with your OS.

9. Jarrad

First Language:
    English
    Everything is fine on my end, all drivers are up to date and working. I'm going to reinstall and try again.

10. ChaoticLapras

First Language:
    English
    So are we correct in assuming it's installed (the game)? I could send you my working copy if you need it - if it works it would be worth it...

11. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Seems it was a fluke and all is well for the moment.  I'll be posting an update here on Sunday.  Right now I have four songs that needs to be removed from the game due to them being unknown remixes.  The only remix that should be in the game is clearly labeled in the credits as such(and as a one time joke).  The reason they were included at all was due to the fact they were not labeled or described properly as remixes.  This happens with popular media a lot when younger artists make assumptions.  Thanks to Jarrad's generous use of time I was able to identify each one through google and a few more minutes of research, and they will be replaced before next build.  

Encounter is a Phantasy Star 0 song.  Lighthouse was marked as a KingdomHearts remix by CC.  Betrayal has a tag marked [sQ] which I conferred means square soft.  So even though I don't know the exact game it is a remix.  Possibly FF8 since the person's username is a variation of "Squall".  Symphonic Storms is a variation of "Dark Impetus" another kingdom hearts remix under a more elaborate name.  

Thankfully the remaining bulk 'Rose' and other original compositions are still in tack.  I'll be looking for several songs to replace them here from artists and elsewhere.  

12. The Yank

The Yank Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I played your demo for a bit, and here is some feedback:

1. Since you're using a custom resolution, you might want to fix up the title screen. It's slightly off centre; same goes for the journal entry scene.

2. Some of the maps are a bit empty, go through those in the end and polish them up, make the smaller or add detail.

3. Some of the stairs, once you go up/down them, you end up facing the direction you entered them. It looks unnatural for some, eg. if you walk onto stair tile going from left to right from below, you end up with your face in the wall on the next map. You should change the transfer event to set you facing a certain direction instead of "retain".

4. There's too many boring slabs of text, It would be better if you could show what happens in the story, not tell it. This is a hard thing to do, but it really pays off. I ended up skipping through a lot of the text.

Those are most of the things I noticed from my session. Some of the maps really look nice though, you just need to maintain that level for every map. The humour was a bit forced at times, but I didn't dislike it.

Nothing about the battles stood out much, it was just the generic turn based system. I didn't really mind that though, it works for other games. It might be better to speed up battles a bit, it gets boring pretty quickly.

13. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Heya, thanks for taking a look at the Demo.

I'm going to have to ask you to be a little more specific on which of the maps you felt needed work in comparison to which of the maps you did enjoy.  I'm confused as to which you are referring too as you said most of them were empty.  This will help me identify which are the worst that stand out.

I had uploaded the last fix with an improper resolution of 640 instead of the standard 544 due to yanfly's default setting in the script.  Thank you for letting me know.  I didn't intend for it to be a custom resolution as the current battle swipe for encounters is only sized for 544x416.

Which of the conversations prompted you to begin ultimately skipping through all the dialogue?  Was it due to the exposition or was it reactionary after a battle or set encounter?

Did you mean for the random encounters in terms of battles, or did you also include that judgement for the bosses as well?

14. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After reading through the opening post I got curious and downloaded the demo.
    I played for a while and took some notes and, well, now I'm stuck. xD
    I describe the scenario that got me stuck:

In the second area (green sea or something), I wanted to go back to Town to rest after having beaten a boss and saved at a save point (must have been after I got the chainmail upgrade?). Shade's Teleport didn't work when I wanted to teleport, so I walked back instead. Then, after resting, laziness got the better of me and I used Shade's Warp to get back into the area. After finishing the stuff in the Nexxus, I still wasn't able to Teleport back, so I again walked and then, on the World Map, I saw: The boat still was on the other side. This is a wonderful example of player stupidity on my side, but it'd be good if you can manage to not get careless players like me stuck. ;) Maybe by transferring the boat while using Teleport/Warp or enabling Teleport on the World Map.
    Oh, and some minor bugs: If you use Warp inside this area to get back to the light house save point (what I did the first time I wanted to rest), it's still raining until you enter the Town. Plus, every time I got back there from inside the green sea/forest area, the movement speed was slow again.
    Now that the most important thing is out of the way, I can type down everything else I noticed. The game's quite fun for being an Alpha build. The following list contains feedback both positive and negative. In spoilers, as there are some:
    • Everytime I start to get annoyed by the length of a boss fight (didn't grind, just killed what attacked me), characters start talking. Then, I had fun again. :D
    • Balance between party members seems okay, but I seldom got to use Willard's "Turn Undead". I've smitten/obliterated and flamed the undead usually long before Willard's TP reached 30. Shade's a bit weak, she died twice right before I dealt the killing blow to a boss, and she doesn't do much damage compared to the other two. Everyone was Level 10 inside the Nexxus, I think.
    • Another thing inside the Nexxus, when I talk to the Lich right before fighting the undead, he talked about a savepoint/healing thing on "the other path". I searched the area, no save point to be found (or I just didn't notice?) Or did he talk about the healing spring outside?
    • If I use Willard's light staff's Heal spell outside of battle, I always leave the skill scene. Can be pretty annoying if you want to heal more than one character.
    • Love it that Shade always seems to know what I think. The "forest" spelling thing, the lich... xD
    • The cave entrance-shaped hole below the light house, Willard says something about something moving and hang on (sorry, don't remember it that much), but after that, I can't interact with it anymore.
    • Most maps look unfinished with no passability put in place. But it's an Alpha, so I just wanted to mention it. But based on what I saw in the main part of town, this is most probably going to be a very detailed game one day, when it's finished. :)
    • Beginning felt a bit too abrupt. What was that part about a curse? Currently, I'm just doing what the journal told me to do (it also depicted the main quest being navigate the maze even before I reached the maze). Encounter Rate + Enemy strength in the green sea area caused me to escape/use the Chicken Ring every now and then.
    I know, looks like I complain a lot, but I kinda enjoyed playing until now and I'm sure this game'll be great when it's finished. :) Don't know if I get to continue playing the next days, but I wanted you to get the feedback now.

ShinGamix and Bonkers like this.
  15. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Now that the most important thing is out of the way, I can type down everything else I noticed. The game's quite fun for being an Alpha build. The following list contains feedback both positive and negative. In spoilers, as there are some:

• Everytime I start to get annoyed by the length of a boss fight (didn't grind, just killed what attacked me), characters start talking. Then, I had fun again. :D
    • Balance between party members seems okay, but I seldom got to use Willard's "Turn Undead". I've smitten/obliterated and flamed the undead usually long before Willard's TP reached 30. Shade's a bit weak, she died twice right before I dealt the killing blow to a boss, and she doesn't do much damage compared to the other two. Everyone was Level 10 inside the Nexxus, I think.
    • Another thing inside the Nexxus, when I talk to the Lich right before fighting the undead, he talked about a savepoint/healing thing on "the other path". I searched the area, no save point to be found (or I just didn't notice?) Or did he talk about the healing spring outside?
    • If I use Willard's light staff's Heal spell outside of battle, I always leave the skill scene. Can be pretty annoying if you want to heal more than one character.
    • Love it that Shade always seems to know what I think. The "forest" spelling thing, the lich... xD
    • The cave entrance-shaped hole below the light house, Willard says something about something moving and hang on (sorry, don't remember it that much), but after that, I can't interact with it anymore.
    • Most maps look unfinished with no passability put in place. But it's an Alpha, so I just wanted to mention it. But based on what I saw in the main part of town, this is most probably going to be a very detailed game one day, when it's finished. :)
    • Beginning felt a bit too abrupt. What was that part about a curse? Currently, I'm just doing what the journal told me to do (it also depicted the main quest being navigate the maze even before I reached the maze). Encounter Rate + Enemy strength in the green sea area caused me to escape/use the Chicken Ring every now and then.
    I know, looks like I complain a lot, but I kinda enjoyed playing until now and I'm sure this game'll be great when it's finished. :)

Don't know if I get to continue playing the next days, but I wanted you to get the feedback now.

Heya, thank you for taking a look at the demo.  Your feedback was very well detailed and I got some valuable information from it.

I did not think of people warping back to the lighthouse after entering the forest.  Good catch!  I will fix it up.

I'm glad the chattiness wasn't detracting.  Did you accidentally skip dialogue as well?  A lot of people seemed to have that problem and I am currently addressing it.  

Unfortunately I cannot say why teleport didn't work in this situation.  Rest assured I will be looking into it.  That's a great idea about the boat and I had thought of it myself but I just didn't consider how I could implement it with warp.  I had figured teleport would always work considering that, but now that I've read your information it got me to thinking.  The variable that keeps the map ID can be used as a conditional to reset the position of the boat to the proper shore that the player can reach(where the boat will be warped to in a set position given the map id and the dungeon it is linked to).  I will try this for next build as it will allow the boat to "follow" players even if the vehicle is in a set location on an opposite shore it will still be always accessible.

Everyone's play style is different.  I've heard all things from Willard is a one man army to, Shade is overpowered.  It seems that depending on the player's style Shade or Emmet can easily fall to the ground.  Shade may need her base damage lowered, but her mag*n damage increased so she scales better with her male counterparts.  Thank you for telling me the situation you noticed it at it makes it a lot easier to pin point what is going on.  Here it seems Emmet was your star damage dealer and you kept his TP up as intended when I designed his skills.  That doesn't mean I can't still improve him or Shade.  I'll be making some changes to all three adventurers shortly.

Shade is the favorite of the play testers, and I am glad she rubbed you the right way.  She's not the conventional rpg mage in any form of the sense.

Odd about the cave.  Here is the trick:

Depending on whom is holding the staff of light, it can be Kendra or Willard, and having them examine the cave (With either in the lead) you get a spot roll.  A 20 variable is rolled at random, if it is higher than a 14 you succeed the spot check and get a several hundred gold mermaid statue carved of whale bone to sell.  This can take a few tries, but it should be repeatable. I'll take another look at it.
    Alright, so forest monsters need to be better adjusted coming right from the lighthouse.  Got it!  That seems easy enough to do.  I wanted there to be a power difference, but it seems I set the bar a little too high.

Save point on the other path:

Is the yellow capped mushroom.  If you talk with him twice he will restore your Hp/Mp and offer to let you save.  Since this is alpha I allow the player to save anywhere in the interests of overcoming a bug.
    Willard's heal spell on the staff of light:

is tied to a common event unfortunately due to it needing to count a charge used each time.  Had it not needed that variable counter it would function as his own mana costing spell.  Now that I think more about it, maybe I can change that.  The formula for damage or healing allows for a variable to be inputted into the bar.I might be able to get away putting a variables[x]-1 on the line with the formula instead of calling directly to the common event each time for the staff.  This may also cause a bug that will enable infinite heal spells as the staff will never burn out as intended if it remains with one charge and allow the variable to fall to 0 and below.  I'll need to consult my scripter and see if that skill can have a small snippet of code written attached to it skill ID and have the variable tick that way with the conditional inside of the script.  I will definitely look into it.
    Could you possibly tell me which map stood out as the worst?

The general consensus is the beginning is too abrupt, hopefully the introduction I am working on as well as a few other cut scenes to show social division and introduce the player to the town as well as Emmet will help form a connection to the town and the social problems they are facing.  

You did not complain even once from what I've read.  I am most grateful for your patience, and am quite happy your enjoyed yourself despite the flaws.  I appreciate the encouragement and the honesty with the trouble you encountered, as it helps me improve the game.

16. The Yank

The Yank Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The slums (where the beast men live) needs a LOT of work, as does the nobles district, especially near where Link and Navi are. The area above the piano in the nobles district church needs a lot of work, and I feel like the inn is too big. The stair connecting the altar room to the barracks is an example where you should not have "retain direction" checked. The passability settings also need to be fixed, I can walk on some walls and the overturned cart in the slums.

The main street of Silver town is a map that I feel is quite good, as it is just the right size. If you make maps too big, detail that you add can feel forced and not natural.

Upstairs merchants house is too empty and big, also why aren't there any people?

The sign in SIlver town feels a bit weird, I feel like something better to do would be have a choice when you leave town that asks you where you want to go, because a lot of the time I acidentally miss the sign and end up outside of town, then I have to go back in to the sign again.

In the room next to the lighthouse I accidentally skipped the text when I stepped into Willard's room because I was holding shift- add a balloon icon or a pause or something so that we know theres text incoming, or it might get skipped.

The first part where you enter the lighthouse via floorboard is too empty. Make it smaller, theres a giant patch of empty space in the middle.

The text had too much unnecessary stuff at the beginning, as the game progressed it got better. The main thing you should NOT do is dump a lot of stuff in the first 5 mins. Tell them the background information bit by bit. The moment you start the game you get prompted to read a wall of text in your journal about Beastmen. Not exactly an exciting start.

Battles are boring mainly because of how long you have to take to kill 4 rats. The delay between the animation and the rat blinking and then taking damage is too long, if possible (not sure) make it shorter. Bosses were well designed, but suffer from the same problem of slow animations. The idea of charges is good, though. Boss fights were well designed, except I was wondering why staff of fire deals more damage to the green spider than Ice, despite the fact its weak to Ice.

I feel like the three characters are balanced ok, unlike what other people say. I made Emmet the tank, Willard healer and Shade the main damage. Sleep accuracy should be increased, not left at the default 50. It allows for better strategies, eg. Set up Emmet with provoke, have WIllard buff him with MDEF and DEF boosts, which is basically the only thing you can do if you make an enemy fall asleep (since they get woken up by damage).

Music was the best part of the game, imo

Bonkers likes this.
  17. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I hate holding the shift key, so I only skipped dialogue when something I already read took too long to appear. ;) Problem's only if I think there'd be the same lines again and it's something different this time. But this may have to do with me being an impatient player/reader.

Ah, I thought Teleport was deactivated due to story reasons. After finishing the Nexxus, the Druid said something about not teleporting there so I guessed you just forgot to tell the player.
    The thing with the boat following sounds nice. :)

I don't think you'll ever please everyone no matter how good you balance those characters. ;) Had I equipped Shade with anything defensive and healed a bit more with Willard (I usually prefer buffing the party's defense instead of healing) then she also would've survived more often. Well, she only died twice. And I would have revived her hadn't it been for the next attack killing the respective bosses.

The mushroom was the savepoint? I was used to those magic circles being the savepoint and was a bit confused that the circle in the room with the Lich wasn't. That's a little inconsistent, which usually should be avoided. ^^"

And for the common event thing: I use Tsukihime's Scene Interpreter for stuff like that, maybe it also works for you?
    Regarding the maps, The Yank already said most things, I think. When visiting the slums the first time I was like "Oh, isn't finished yet?", especially compared to the main street of the town (so I'd say the slums being among the worst ;) ). Also the basement (?) of the lighthouse felt weird. Not very basement-y.
    A friend of mine told me many years ago to work a lot smaller when mapping (when in doubt, decrease the size) and not to forget the map's function. I think that's also said in all those mapping tutorials out there. The maze actually was quite pretty due to maze-y space restrictions whereas in other areas I was just running around comparably aimlessly because it was just a big boxy area with almost no points of interest (meaning in terms of directing the player). When mapping, just imagine you'd go through that area for the first time. Would you understand where to go? Can you navigate freely but not too unrestricted?Sorry, could only say more general things. ^^" But usually, as soon as one understands such things, mapping and such gets a lot easier. At least it was like that for me. ;)

Bonkers likes this.
  18. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Regarding the maps, The Yank already said most things, I think. When visiting the slums the first time I was like "Oh, isn't finished yet?", especially compared to the main street of the town (so I'd say the slums being among the worst ;) ). Also the basement (?) of the lighthouse felt weird. Not very basement-y.

A friend of mine told me many years ago to work a lot smaller when mapping (when in doubt, decrease the size) and not to forget the map's function. I think that's also said in all those mapping tutorials out there. The maze actually was quite pretty due to maze-y space restrictions whereas in other areas I was just running around comparably aimlessly because it was just a big boxy area with almost no points of interest (meaning in terms of directing the player). When mapping, just imagine you'd go through that area for the first time. Would you understand where to go? Can you navigate freely but not too unrestricted?

Sorry, could only say more general things. ^^" But usually, as soon as one understands such things, mapping and such gets a lot easier. At least it was like that for me. ;)
    Actually the bit with the Druid was just flavored based.  If you had used teleport afterwards, and it worked nothing bad would have happened.  At least not yet when someone isn't watching you after you have the Crown.  This is not yet implemented.

Thank you for the recommendation.  I will certainly look at that to make life easier, he is a complete lifesaver when it comes to scripts.

EDIT: Oh sweet Pelor.  It works, and it's magnificent.  You are a life saver.  I will be sure to tell Hime how wonderful he is.

Very sound advice thank you.  Less space, more focus.

It's good to know I have an ear for music, even though I am completely tone deaf =D  Thanks for spending a bit more time with your post as it helps me a great deal to let me know specifics, and you had a great deal of valuable information for me.

Hmm, that sign will either need re positioning on the entrance of town or eliminated altogether.  I like your suggestion about the leaving town boarder called common event, and prompt the player for a decision.  That might be the best way to go.  Thank you.

Ah the rats.  They have a history.  There used to be 7 rats.  I put it down to 4 as a rare encounter, and it seems people just hit them too often.  1-2 will do, and yes animations have already been in place in the fixed demo, though I suppose they don't help in the exchange of hits which is battle message speed.  I have adjusted that to 25 originally 40 at the request of a player who was new to rpg and wanted to read everything that happened.  Now that I know battle log scripts exist, I can pump up the speed much more.  No one seems to think it's very heroic to beat down rats.

Hmm, and the intro will help with the basics where people are willing to sit through 2 mins of filler.  The journal entry was more if you wanted optional reading, the fact so many people saw it as necessary means I denied people a lot of what they were hoping to see happen.  I'll definitely keep that in mind.  It's been said so many times now I cannot ignore the obvious "Show don't tell".

That's a first for the characters! Yes that is how I intended the flow of battle to go.  I think I understand what happened now, I've given so many options for players that they went with thier instincts and simply played the characters in brute force mode as opposed to how you approached things.  I'll definitely up sleep's effectiveness for trash.  More toward 75% seems fair for humanoids and monsters that do sleep.  Be aware though undead never sleep.  I may need to included that in Libra or having Shade say it on the way into the Nexus.  Shade will also get some spells like "Time Stop" that will prevent actions for a limited number of rounds and allow damage not to break it.  The problem here is the variance is different for everyone rather than a set 1d4+1 rounds for all creatures so monsters or players would break out first before the effect officially ends.  We're still looking into it.  Kendra has hold person which work to paralyze a single monster and allows damage to be done without breaking the effect.

I think I know why the staff was too pumped up.  It may be that the skill it's linked too isn't tagged as an element "fire" for damage or the spider's information is boggled.  Thank you for that.

Understood about the lighthouse basement from both posters.  I will make sure to do so when constructed parallax versions of maps to keep things tighter.  I also have the means to make the beast man area a bit more detailed and have more of a staging ground for events and cut scenes.  

Hmm a prompter for a text may be useful, thought keeping it unskippable for the first page may also help.  I'll think more on this, as I didn't understand why it took so many people by surprise.  With good reason, as you mentioned no prompter.  

I appreciate the extra time you spent to tell me the specifics.  I'll be able to act more on the problem now that I am aware of new information.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
  19. potatocat

potatocat The Cat Member

First Language:
    English
    Pros:

• I love tabletops, D&D is very much one of my favorites, and the game that spawned practically every RPG ever.
    • The meta-humor is perfect. It sounds just like a real party - doing a real campaign.
    • The maps were designed in such a way that they did not feel overly cluttered, nor exceedingly sparse. With a few exceptions, notably the castle, though the 'Cpt. Placeholders' gave me the impression that these were still in-progress.
    • Lots of good ideas with pretty decent implementation, though going into details on this would make this post far too long.

Cons:

• Lots of grammatical issues, spell-check problems (though some seem intentional, 'forrest' for example), several instances of a word repeated though it should not be, etc.
    • In the lighthouse, when you recieve Shade as a party member, there is no explanation for how she joined your party, nor does she actually show up in your party until you reach the top floor of the lighthouse.
    • I despise the fact that the 'shift' key functions also as the 'skip text' key. There may or may not be a way to rebind the keys in order to rectify this clientside, but I don't really know how to work that. This alone made me miss lots of information - which I wasn't too keen on restarting the game to find out.
    • Bounty board doesn't work. Though it seems that part is still WIP, I was sort of looking forward to seeing how it would have played out.
    • Bruin mentions gunslingers - I saw no evidence of these existing.
    • I hated talking to the signs. You should have made the edges of the map auto-teleport players to a different district. Talking to a sign feels weird for me.
    • The Lamia riddles are way too hard. Especially the manual input one. Maybe I'm just dumb - but I'm stuck on the latter and have not progressed past that point. I'll probably update this post after I get past that... Somehow...

Neutral:

• I, personally, am not a very big fan of anthropomorphics, AKA 'furries'. And while the art was interesting, and they were interesting as a plot device, Bruin's 'human fetish' sort of weirded me out.

Hopefully this is something that you want/need/care to hear. So far, enjoyed it.

20. Bonkers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Neutral:

• I, personally, am not a very big fan of anthropomorphics, AKA 'furries'. And while the art was interesting, and they were interesting as a plot device, Bruin's 'human fetish' sort of weirded me out.

Hopefully this is something that you want/need/care to hear. So far, enjoyed it.
    I'm always happy to hear feed back.  I am glad you enjoyed it.  Bruin must have said something you didn't skip that was not welcomed, I'll go through his dialogue again and see what prompted that sort of a response.

The bounty board is currently a stand in.  There wasn't enough time to implement it this build, so I left it out.  I see your point here, perhaps I should add on to the bar.

You are the first one to mention the riddles, which means you are probably the furthest along out of all the people trying the game =3 Congrads.  This is disconcerting, as I wanted to make them challenging, but not impossible.  I think what needs to happen is make the clues more obvious.  If you are having that much difficulty with the riddles I obviously didn't give good enough clues for them.  

I felt the majority of them were simple, but due to the skipping text it may have made things harder that necessary.  The clock puzzle for example.  It rotates with a morning action and an evening action, and since there are an even amount of clues it ends on evening.
     Lamia will just need to tone it down a little is all.
     The majority of people feel the same about the signs, and I will be eventing in to the boarder edges something that will prompt a choice rather than having to interact with a sign post.  This should be too difficult to do.

Skipping text is my biggest issue to date.  I will have to seek some help at this point as Galv's script isn't working for me.  Right now my scripter and I are looking for a solution.

That is odd about Shade.  She was suppose to join at the second to last floor mid battle during the spider fight to rescue Emmet and Willard, and then explained how and why she was there.  I'll be sure to look at that.

I'm overjoyed you liked the humor.  I wanted things to feel very natural and flowing.  It's a shame about the skipping text linked to shift.  I'm happy the majority of implemented ideas felt good and were enjoyed.  I am glad we are like minded in that regard about DnD.

It looks like I've gotten everything I possibly can get feedback wise out of this build.  There is a great deal of improvement that needs to happen, and I think removing the current build might be the best option at this point to allow me to get back to work rather than keep answering the forums.  I'll give 24 more hours for people to download the Alpha/Demo if they wish to do so.  Afterwards I'll be removing it in the interests of getting back to fixing things.