RMMV Silverdale

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Silverdale
is a 2-D Roleplaying Game that takes much inspiration from Diablo, Final Fantasy, and Zelda. It is a dungeon crawler with a new innovative touch to oldschool turn-based combat - that takes crafting and character development from Final Fantasy. The journey begins when you are awoken from Feral, the guardian of Silverdale.

• Chrono Trigger inspired battlesystem with knockback and enemy combo attacks!
  • Dialogue scenes without interrupting gameplay. As well as cinematic ones for rare occasions.
  • Simple and elegant storytelling.
  • Character stat, skill learning, and parameter customization.
  • The class system to change classes similar to a job system.
  • Item synthesis, crafting and gathering skills.
  • Replayable! We're focusing on replay value rather than a long game.

Here's our public GDD.

Set in the realm of Silverdale, lays spirits which are born and flourish in this place.

Wisdom is magic. Courage is willpower. Power is strength.

You start off going through training by Feral which is a wolf spirit. This spirit will guide you through your journey and acts as your guardian.

Story outline can be found here.

Luna

A Druid that can cast magic, shapeshift and use staves and wands. She can transform her energy into different forms, such as having different shapes and powers.

Feral

A Summoner, which is a non-player character. This is the guide of the game, he can use powerful magic to summon and channel energy from his fur which wraps around his body. This energy can be used to summon beings or cast powerful magic.

Screenshots & Media

The game maps are all prototype format as we're developing the game's atmosphere.

Last edited:

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks like it could be potentially really fun! As far as the previews go, I'm liking the clear and balanced UI!

The amount of features also is very realistic and I'm hoping they stay grounded! So many games get either confusing or feel have finished when devs want o add 101 features without asking themselves why!

I think as long as the story is actually "dynamic" and well thought out, this is gonna be good!

Golden Unicorn Gaming

Savior of Astoria
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's the name of my castle town in Astoria: The Holders of Power Saga! :)

Bakuda

The Music Man
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This looks fantastic! Zelda and Final Fantasy are two of my all time favorite game franchises. I always love to see a game take inspiration from them but make something that stands completely on it's own. It's also nice to see you doing something atypical of the general JRPG. Diversity is a good thing =D

Keep it up. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

read

Retard
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
just wanted to say that Silverdale is also a ****ty town in Washington State and is a name for many other places in the greater United States ARENA.

This looks good tho.. not like the mall in Silverdale WA, it's a place of scum.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Updated! Looking for talented people to join the project!

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Updated, added a document for the story and added another screenshot.

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems interesting. Like the 2nd screenshot

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This seems interesting. Like the 2nd screenshot
Thanks! I've been revamping my maps for a few weeks trying to get better at mapping. :)

Added more screenshots and we may introduce two combat systems in the full-release, Chrono Trigger and Zelda.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well we all get better with practice so... :D
I like the Ice-cave, do have some criticism on the interior map though...
1) It's seems a bit too spacious especially the double-bed(room) area is unnecessarily big, imo.
2) The placement of the fireplace makes no sense structurally speaking (it's up against a banister so there is no room for a chute/chimney to go anywhere!) Of course this is just me being overly detail/realism oriented haha
I do like the color-pallet on this map though :)

Ps: I really like the logo btw :)

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Before

After

Last edited:

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Added a video!

The writing, sprites, tiles, and HUD are all a WIP. The HUD was disabled in this video.

Last edited:

ThePedro004

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems pretty good. I only felt that the autotiles in the exterior have a texture a bit repetitive, but besides that, it seems pretty good.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This seems pretty good. I only felt that the autotiles in the exterior have a texture a bit repetitive, but besides that, it seems pretty good.
Thanks! I'm just prototyping out my game ideas, gonna swap out the art and such with unique assets. I also need help with a writer, my flow for story is pretty bad at the moment.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Updated previews! Previews are all in prototype stages. This is just the art direction we're going with for the game.

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Liking the direction you're going with. who does it?

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Liking the direction you're going with. who does it?
The art is done by commissions and a game I work for as a programmer. The game design and story are mostly me.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
We moved back from Game Maker due to lack of experience on my part. I'm not really a big fan of Game Maker, just thought it was easier to program in - which it wasn't for me.

Some changes. The combat system is going to have physics and knockbacks, so you can move enemies in certain points on the battle screen. I'm also introducing new mechanics for the Chrono Trigger inspired battle system. I want to try to allow movement similarly to Tactic games, but I don't want to transform the game into another Tactics game. I want free movement while the ATB bar is filling up. Then when it is full, you are not able to move anymore. Enemies also will have combo attacks rather than just heroes. The big problem with the traditional JRPG battlesystem is that it lacks skill. It was fun back in the day, but Tactic games and such require more skill which is why they have not died out as much as turn-based/ATB battle systems.

The story narrative is going to be told with bust characters, but since the main character doesn't speak although - she does have emotions that are displayed in the bottom left of screen when dialogues happen; that's about all the main hero will do. It's to keep the player engaged in the story. I may make two bust characters show, but I haven't decided yet. Any feedback is appreciated.

I've updated media. We're working on a new portrait/bust for Luna. The current one is too RPG Maker styled. I'm using my original character design as inspiration, but I don't want any kind of RPG Maker aesthetic in the game where possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wanted to post a video of location i've finished but it doesn't work...
The game jam has done a lot of good in actually kicking my butt into action. I've even gotten over my crippling hatred of mapping thanks to it! :LZSexcite:

(Okay, there's also schoolwork forcing me to get on the computer, but I like to give credit where credit is due.)
Decided to start working on my second biome/area...

I'm sure I'll end up hating and changing things a whole lot over the next week. :LZSexcite:
Anyone who says anything "needs to tone down the swearing" has just instantly lost 90% of my respect, unless of course they're talking about like children's programming or a teacher or something.
I feel bad sometimes around others, I hate, and I mean HATE being touched, and I know they don't know I hate it so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiive