- Jul 13, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
Silverdale is a 2-D Roleplaying Game that takes much inspiration from Diablo, Final Fantasy, and Zelda. It is a dungeon crawler with a new innovative touch to oldschool turn-based combat - that takes crafting and character development from Final Fantasy. The journey begins when you are awoken from Feral, the guardian of Silverdale.
- Chrono Trigger inspired battlesystem with knockback and enemy combo attacks!
- Dialogue scenes without interrupting gameplay. As well as cinematic ones for rare occasions.
- Simple and elegant storytelling.
- Character stat, skill learning, and parameter customization.
- The class system to change classes similar to a job system.
- Item synthesis, crafting and gathering skills.
- Replayable! We're focusing on replay value rather than a long game.
Here's our public GDD.
Set in the realm of Silverdale, lays spirits which are born and flourish in this place.
Wisdom is magic. Courage is willpower. Power is strength.
You start off going through training by Feral which is a wolf spirit. This spirit will guide you through your journey and acts as your guardian.
Story outline can be found here.
A Druid that can cast magic, shapeshift and use staves and wands. She can transform her energy into different forms, such as having different shapes and powers.
A Summoner, which is a non-player character. This is the guide of the game, he can use powerful magic to summon and channel energy from his fur which wraps around his body. This energy can be used to summon beings or cast powerful magic.
Screenshots & Media
The game maps are all prototype format as we're developing the game's atmosphere.