TheChilliPL

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polski [Polish]
And I have question. How to teleport player by script with map id and coordinates?

TheChilliPL

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polski [Polish]
Why this script isn't working btw.?

Code:
this._interpreter.command201(4, 1, 1, 0, 0)

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please refrain from tripple-posting. It's very annoying for anyone following this topic receiving 3 notifications.

And I have question. How to teleport player by script with map id and coordinates?
This is a question unrelated to my minimap-script. But you find the code you need for it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Oa0cRGpjC8L5JO8vdMwOaYMKO75dtfKDOetnvh7OHs/edit?pli=1#gid=0

this._interpreter.command201(4, 1, 1, 0, 0)
This also feels rather unrelated to my minimap-script. Please post such questions in the appropriate forum section instead of here.

M now works but map is already green :(

Nothing in console...
The console is empty because this is not a bug. I'm fairly sure you did something wrong. Like I said before: If it's green everywhere either the tile-terrain-tags are wrong (or most likely, not set at all).

[F[9] > Tilesets > Terrain Tag

If it still doesn't work send me a PM with a screenshot of your terrain tags and a copy-paste of your map-notetag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TheChilliPL, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you need to add more, just edit your post if it's the last one in the thread, rather than posting multiple times.

Also, I put spoiler tags around your js code on the previous page. Next time please do this yourself, if you're posting a lot of code.

Code:
[spoiler]stuff to be hidden goes here[/spoiler]

TheChilliPL

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polski [Polish]
Ummm... Sorry, I used region [R tileset]...

When will be fog of war?

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A tile with tag:0 means that the first color is used (which is #6B8E23, which is green). Use a value of ####### for the first color if you want the default terrain-tag of zero to not be rendered at all. You will however then see the minimap background (which by default is black) unless another tile at that same coordinate overrides it (like having floor tiles with B-tiles on top of it).

No you can't add more tags because RPG Maker MV uses bytes (why I don't know) and bytes are limited to 8 values. There are some hacks around this but if you need more than 8 colors, consider using a mapshot instead. But 8 should be just enough for overworlds. This particular method is meant for simpler minimaps anyway like screenshot and thus you should not really need more than 8 colors.

Update:

You can have more than 8 now by using regions. You can now use up to 256+8.

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update v 1.10:
  - Added the requested option to use a custom map-scene-image that is different from the actual map displayed in the minimap.
  - Added a new mapnotetag: <mm_menu_bg:customImageName>

No parameters were changed.

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there a demo to help start implementing features or a youtube video tutorial?

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unlike Ace, MV makes it too hard to maintain a demo project (filesize too big). And video tutorials are too bothersome to maintain for my plugins through all the versions. So unless someone else did it, there are none.

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to upload this yesterday but the forums gave me some problems. Anyway, it was much much easier than I expected. Even filesize & performance are all good.

Update v1.11 (03 January 2016) [updated Parameters]
  - Added Fog of War with new plugin commands. It obviously also works with looping maps, comes with persistence and you can determine what maps have FoW and which don't.
    - You can optionally customize the Fog overlay image on a per-map-basis.
    - Added a sample Fog of War overlay-image (FoW.png) to the forum post. I made it using the "The Gimp".
    - New map-notetags: <mm_fow_enabled:value> <mm_fow_ov:value> <mm_fow_radius:value> <mm_fow_completion:value>
    - Added a script-call to retrieve the FoW completion status: Silv.Minimap.getFowCompletion(mapId);
    - Performs well even on super large (overworld) maps. It does use ~60-120MB of RAM on super large maps and only takes up to ~17kb of savegame file-size for super large maps.
 - Added a new help section: "Script Calls & Event triggers".

Fog of War Example 1
Fog of War Example 2
Fog of War Example (generated map)

Check the @help for the new plugin- & map-commands.

Also I read that the MV devs are planning on releasing official 'project-strippers' to reduce filesize. If they manage to reduce default file-size to under ~8MB then I could add a demo for future versions of my plugins. But until then, it won't happen because of RPG Maker MV's design.

Corrupted Ralph

The World Breaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bleh I cant get the map to show up. Even when I press M nothing happens.

Edit: My huge stupidity. I put my Map in the /Pictures folder :p

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, thank you for this awesome plugin. I really want to use it but there are a few issues that's holding me back:

If I only want to use the minimap and not the Menu Scene that opens up when you press "M" (default), is there a way to make it so that none of the keys will trigger the Menu Scene? At first I thought I just needed to leave the plugin parameter for Menu Key blank, but this disables the minimap too. Ideally, I would actually want the "M" key to toggle the Minimap on/off, is there any way I can do this?

Finally, I think I've found 2 Fog of War issues that are pretty detrimental to its function:

1. If the opacity of the minimap is set to any level of transparency, it changes the transparency of the FoW image as well, which allows players to actually see the underlying minimap. I'm not a programmer by any means but this might be an easy fix if you create the FoW in a separate Window that sits on top of the minimap Window?

2. There is no FoW on the big map when you open the menu scene, so as soon as the player hit the "M" key, they can see everything.

Thanks again!

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The forum upgrade somehow managed to mess up my posts. Every post I edit with the old spoiler tags completely messes it up....

matthew30903

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If I only want to use the minimap and not the Menu Scene that opens up when you press "M" (default), is there a way to make it so that none of the keys will trigger the Menu Scene? At first I thought I just needed to leave the plugin parameter for Menu Key blank, but this disables the minimap too. Ideally, I would actually want the "M" key to toggle the Minimap on/off, is there any way I can do this?

I set the map key to "none" and it worked fine. I set up a common event to be triggered when the m key is pressed and it disables or enables the minimap when it is pressed, using Yanfly's plugin and a switch to detect if the map is on or off.

The only problem is that it causes a crash if there is no minimap image or no auto generate notetags for the map. Is there a way to detect if the map is generated or not for use in a conditional

statement?

Alexey

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Can you make this plugin compatible with orange movement ex? Aparently there are problems with pixel movement

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can't tell which of the attachments is which file name... Could someone please point this out?

It's impossible to use the plugin without the PNG attachments and they are not labeled any more. (if they ever were)

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I set the map key to "none" and it worked fine. I set up a common event to be triggered when the m key is pressed and it disables or enables the minimap when it is pressed, using Yanfly's plugin and a switch to detect if the map is on or off.

The only problem is that it causes a crash if there is no minimap image or no auto generate notetags for the map. Is there a way to detect if the map is generated or not for use in a conditional

statement?

You could use the value none. Or download Download Silvers Keybinder v1.03 and you can now use blank values to disable a keybinding.

Can you make this plugin compatible with orange movement ex? Aparently there are problems with pixel movement

I'm sorry, this is unlikely to happen. It would cost me too much time to implement this for something I don't need and many others probably also won't need. Also pixel-based movement would require another approach for Fog of War in order not to drain too much performance (would drain up to 48x more performance if I don't change it).

I can't tell which of the attachments is which file name... Could someone please point this out?

It's impossible to use the plugin without the PNG attachments and they are not labeled any more. (if they ever were)

I'm sorry this also makes me go nuts. The old forum software already sometimes messed up my posts. But the new one is a total disaster so far when it comes to spoiler-tags and updating posts...

It seems that editing a post and placing a new spoiler-tag (anywhere) will completely mess up the old spoilers upon hitting the submit button... I gave up on the forums. And the only topic about this is locked:

But I quickly uploaded a package with the required&optional files for ya:

http://www.filedropper.com/img_3

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I figured it out through trial and error. ;)

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I managed to fix the post. I had to cut&paste the text out and back in between the spoiler-tags to position them proper again (because positioning them is also buggy for me on FireFox). As long as I don't add any new spoiler tags the post will likely remain intact. God I hope they fix these bugs it's so annoying. Or maybe I'll just remove all spoiler tags next time.

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
One of my maps is giving this error. Any idea why?

TypeError: Cannot set property '0' of undefined
    at Window_Minimap.resetFoWData (/C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/SilvMinimap.js:1600)
    at Window_Minimap.initialize (/C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/SilvMinimap.js:867)
    at new Window_Minimap (/C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/SilvMinimap.js:822)
    at Scene_Map.createMinimapWindow (/C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/SilvMinimap.js:2155)
    at Scene_Map.attemptToCreateMinimap (/C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/SilvMinimap.js:2125)
    at Object.Silv.Minimap.setup (/C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/SilvMinimap.js:2064)
    at Scene_Map.createDisplayObjects (/C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/SilvMinimap.js:2038)
    at Scene_Map.onMapLoaded (rpg_scenes.js:380)
    at Scene_Map.onMapLoaded (/C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js:890)
    at Scene_Map.isReady (rpg_scenes.js:370)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I made something for @LittenDev [as he requested]
It's been a weird while. I've been so torn down that even playing video games has been something I avoided. But I shouldn't forget two things. One, I love RPG Maker for a reason. Two, only way to eat an elephant is a bite at a time.
How do people even enjoy RGB keyboard and mouse lighting? It's distracting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rikudi_Kumachi