Silvers Advanced Minimap (now with Fog of War!)

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One of my maps is giving this error. Any idea why?
Thanks for the report. Fixed in 1.12. I accidentally switched an x and y variable...

v1.12 (28 January 2016)
   - Fixed a crash when the height of the map was bigger than it's width.

nuevocharrua

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I used this notetag :<mm_generate_overworld>

The minimap was showed all green

Captura de pantalla 2016-02-08 a las 17.35.21.png

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Map is green everywhere... ;_;

If it's green everywhere either the tile-terrain-tags are wrong (or most likely, not set at all) or you misconfigured the "Map Gen Tag Colors" or "Overworld Gen Tag Colors" parameters.

So make sure you set some tile-id's on the tileset for those tiles so that the minimap knows what colors they should be. Green is the default color for tiles with tile-id: 0. Which is the default tile-id for tiles.

Last edited by a moderator:

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
@SilverDash

If I may suggest a couple features (nothing really necessary, just to make life easier xD):

1. There could be a parameter in the plugin to set if I want to show or hide the minimap by default. (my game uses map like diablo, I set the map to the size of the screen and only make it appear when the player press the map button. Right now I set one event in auto-run per map to hide the minimap, but it would be easier to just set the default to not show)

2. Since the map generator uses hexcodes as colors (which is awesome), it would be nice to select the color by region instead of terrain tag (because the tags limit the developer to use only 8 colors in the map). We could set something like [regionId, hexcode; regionId, hexcode; ... ; regionId, hexcode]. This way there could be up to 255 different colors.

I must say it's really fun to mess with this plugin, I'm really enjoying. Thank you very much.

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I uploaded v1.13 with Killerfer's suggestions. Parameters were changed.

It supports tile-tags and regions simultaneously. But regions take precedence.

nuevocharrua

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Thz, works fine!

Is there a way to show where are the vehicles?

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No there is no way to do that (unless you're inside one). You can show events but vehicles don't have event-pages. So I guess I gotta add this feature in the next version.

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im not quite sure which images are supposed to go to which folder, as they're named as random letters when I try to save them.

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems like a bug. I will look into it next version. For now you can probably use a fully transparent one to fix it.

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Love the plugin, but I do have an issue I can't quite seem to fix.

If I run a playtest it loads my mapshots for the maps just fine. but when I deploy it doesn't generate any maps and I can't seem to get it to use the mapshots. Not sure what I've missed. If you could help it would be appreciated.

EDIT: I should also mention that I'm not using notetags either.

EDIT2: When I deploy, it actually puts the data in a different folder structure than you playtest out of. <project>\www\img\minimap instead of just <project>\img\minimap. Don't know if this is an issue but trying to provide as much info as I can.

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When generating a map the minimap plugin will not create map-images. It will just calculate the map at runtime upon entering it by analyzing the gamedata directly. The folder-structure should not cause problems.

However, it does indeed seem that deployment bugs the minimap. And there is no console in deployment mode to debug... I will look into this.

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When generating a map the minimap plugin will not create map-images. It will just calculate the map at runtime upon entering it by analyzing the gamedata directly. The folder-structure should not cause problems.

However, it does indeed seem that deployment bugs the minimap. And there is no console in deployment mode to debug... I will look into this.
Thanks. I wasn't 100% sure if it was a bug or my own stupidity that was causing it.

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<deleted> wrong topic again...

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update  v1.14a (17 February 2016) [Updated Parameters]
- Fixed a bug that refused to render the minimap mapshots when the project is deployed.
- Added support for vehicles including new parameters and plugin commands for this.
- Fixed a map-generation-color-bug that I accidentally caused in v1.13.

- Updated the FAQ in the OP with more info for reporting bugs.

- Removed a circular reference from v1.14. RPG Maker MV is just not compatible with those...

You can now show your vehicles (that you are not currently driving, the one you drive was already supported) on the minimap and in the minimap menu with custom-sizes. You can also use plugin commands to hide the boat for example and only show the airship. Some support for custom vehicles was also added.

Sorry for the delays and such. I'm wasting too much life playing XCOM2 and Path of Exile...

orges

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
im trying to get your last plugin update the Mini map v1.14a but i cant find the link to it also the "how to use it" but i think this last thing i will fin in the lugin help

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Download link is in the first post and it's working. The "how to use" is located in the plugin help yes.

orges

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
thankyou for the super super super fast replay :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: .....and great work by the way  :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My old project is now a sitcom
How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.
MerlinCross wrote on Switz's profile.
Not sure if you'll see this but I stumbled across your "Open Locker" sprite in a topic. Could I use those?
topic in question
Going to watch an episode of The Office and eat something after this little progress!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaztar_Charko