square357

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
GREAT PLUGIN!!!

I am using the Yanfly plugin, I get  "MAP" in the menu, but it is greyed out and unselectable.

I have double checked that it is set up correct in plugin.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It uses the variable Silv.Minimap.Menu.Enabled. If that variable is false it will obviously be grayed out.

Does the map you tested this on actually have a map or at least a generated map?

Note that I still have to make generated maps work with the menu (they currently allow you to open the menu but they show a gradient image instead of the map).

square357

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It uses the variable Silv.Minimap.Menu.Enabled. If that variable is false it will obviously be grayed out.

Does the map you tested this on actually have a map or at least a generated map?

Note that I still have to make generated maps work with the menu (they currently allow you to open the menu but they show a gradient image instead of the map).

Yes I have variable correct.

I set up the folder img/minimap, and the correct file /system . Image is a png.

Anything else I could be doing wrong or have to set up to have it greyed out?

I have the SilvMinimap under silvKeys.

Also I cannot get map to show by  'm' key either

I tried to test with a Event with the plugin command Minimap Show and got this error:

Error: Minimap Plugin Commands can not be used when there is no active minimap. Either create one from a mapshot or generate one automatically
at PluginCommand (/C:/Users/Admin/Documents/Games/Project4/js/plugins/SilvMinimap.js:2470)
at Game_Interpreter.pluginCommand (/C:/Users/Admin/Documents/Games/Project4/js/plugins/SilvMinimap.js:2464)
at Game_Interpreter.pluginCommand (/C:/Users/Admin/Documents/Games/Project4/js/plugins/PH_Warehouse.js:616)
at Game_Interpreter.pluginCommand (/C:/Users/Admin/Documents/Games/Project4/js/plugins/YEP_MapGoldWindow.js:130)
at Game_Interpreter.command356 (rpg_objects.js:10444)
at Game_Interpreter.executeCommand (rpg_objects.js:8894)
at Game_Interpreter.update (rpg_objects.js:8802)
at Game_Map.updateInterpreter (rpg_objects.js:6080)
at Game_Map.update (rpg_objects.js:5987)
at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:417)

I do have map image in correct folder in correct format though

:(

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to test with a Event with the plugin command Minimap Show and got this error:

So the problem is not the menu. It's because you have no minimap at all. The minimap-menu does obviously not work when the map has no minimap (for any reason), that's why it's grayed out. Also that error makes sense because you force the minimap to show itself while not having a (working) minimap for that map.

So the question is, why do you not get a minimap to show on map 001. Everything seems setup correctly though.

1. Silly question perhaps but the map you test it on has map-id 001 right? You also didn't change any parameters, map-notetags or anything else to disable the minimap for that map?
  2. Can you try and delete the minimap plugin from the plugin-manager and re-add it again on the same location (this will reset all parameters)?
  3. How big is the size of that mapshot? I tested it with super large overworlds so it should work for super large maps but you never know. Can you send me that mapshot perhaps so I can test that one myself?
  4. If the above fails, can you attempt to disable all other plugins (turn them off)?
  5. If #4 also fails, can you test it in a clean project with only my 2 plugins and copy-paste the images & mapshot into the new project to see if it works?
  6. If the above fails, try another random map in the same project (with a new mapshot), see if that one works.

square357

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
  1. Silly question perhaps but the map you test it on has map-id 001 right? You also didn't change any parameters, map-notetags or anything else to disable the minimap for that map?

Thanks I reinstalled the plugin and check map and image id, I had those off between id and names.

So now I can map to show auto, LOVE IT!

Just want to ask is this what is supposed to show in the Menu with Yanfly, and when you press 'm'

Capture.PNG

section31

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but when I install the plugin, even when I set it to visible by default I just see nothing on the screen at all. Tried messing with coordinates...Tried manual image..It's just blank no matter what, but I really want a minimap. 

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@square357

Something is wrong. It is supposed to show the minimap there in the menu. But it does not. I can not reproduce it I need more info.

I hope you didn't resize the mapshot though because that will cause problems calculating the coordinates.

@section31

I obviously need more info. You probably configured something wrong.

Q: I get no minimap at all.

A:

1. Delete the plugin from the Plugin Manager and re-add it (this will reset all parameters).
  2. Delete all map-notetags for the map you are testing.
  3. Double- or tripple-check the filenames of the mapshot(s) (if not generating) and make sure that it matches the parameter filename.
  4. Make sure that your mapshot(s) (if not generating) are PNG files.
  5. Make sure you added the mapshot(s) to the correct folder (if not generating).
  6. Check the console (Press F8) and check for error messages. Also try enabling the "Debug" parameter (near the bottom of the parameter list) to get more info printed to the console. It will tell you why there is no minimap.
  7. If the above fails, disable all other plugins or test it in a blank project.

If the problem still persists you can post here, but don't forget to post as much info as possible.

Why did RPG Maker MV make it so hard for plugin writers to make demo's.... The last time I used a project stripper it didn't work properly...

square357

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@square357

Something is wrong. It is supposed to show the minimap there in the menu. But it does not. I can not reproduce it I need more info.

I hope you didn't resize the mapshot though because that will cause problems calculating the coordinates.

That was exactly the problem, I took another mapshot and works perfect!

GREAT PLUGIN!!! GREAT SUPPORT!!!! THANX FOR MAKING :D :D :D :D

djmisterjon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
francais
Primarily Uses
Minimap v. 1.14a
Author: Silver

Have you a projet file (Demo zip) functional, because, simply do not work??
I shall like to isolate of or come error.
Anything apparait in the screen.

I have in
\img\minimap

001.png
DebugGrid01.png
FoW.png
Overlay.png

\img\system

Window_Minimap.png

And put 2 in scripts in order unsuccessfully.

Untitled-1.jpg

I changed no parameter as in instructions.
An idea?

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have sadly no demos because the design team of RPG Maker MV chose not to make this very viable (project size and such)...

If you have encountered an error then I need the error info. Press F8 while playing and copy-paste the console info into a post here. If there is no error then set the "debug mode" parameter to "true" (w/o quotes) and the minimap plugin should tell you why it is not displaying a minimap for the current map. Along with other info.

Jeysonmcfly

Just a random Joe Schmoe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question for you pertaining to possible use in RTS games. Could you add in the ability to tag NPCs and regions to show up on the mini map? Is that possible?

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NPC's (and just about any event) can already be tagged and will be shown in realtime on the minimap. Use a notetag for that inside the event: mm_show

Regions are not supported (for this specific case that is) but I don't see much use for that. You might just want to draw 'regions' on the minimap-image itself perhaps if you require certain area's colored in a specific way.

Jeysonmcfly

Just a random Joe Schmoe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I see. Sweet! thank you!

Gadwin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Hi SilverDash,

is it possible for the map to be shown in a circular format and not the default square/rectangular map?

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Gadwin,

The next version (if I ever get time for it) is planned to have arrows pointing to off-screen POI's or events. Making the map round would add more math to it for me.

You could however make a custom gui image (with a circular hole) and use that as the "Overlay.png". So with a GUI it's possible. But just a bare round minimap is currently not supported, and unlikely to be supported in the near future, if at all.

Eff-n-Geoff

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi there @SilverDash, love this plugin - thank you so much!

My question would be, can the map be horizontally and vertically centered? 

Also, is it possible to disable the map (or the ability to call it via Yanfly's button script) with a plugin command? The reason being that I have one very large map, and everything else are small buildings that don't require a minimap.

Thank you

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad you like it.

Also, is it possible to disable the map (or the ability to call it via Yanfly's button script) with a plugin command? The reason being that I have one very large map, and everything else are small buildings that don't require a minimap.

By default it does not support Yanfly's button script but it does support plugin-commands to be turned on/off. Besides, you can automatically disable it on other maps (simply have no mapshot) or if automatically generating maps, use map-notetags. I don't really see the problem.

My question would be, can the map be horizontally and vertically centered? 

It already is (within the minimap border). What do you mean, I don't think I understand the question.

Vandeliar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@SilverDash:

Hello Silver, first off, thank you very much for this awesome Plugin.

But i get an error Code, if i try to start it with the index.html in my browser.

I am using all Yanlfy Plugins + Orange HUD and Timesystem, i turned off the Orange Plugins but still get the Error Message.

If i try, to deactivate your Minimap, it runs without problems.

It's something with your Plugins i think.

Iam Using our Plugin from you:

SilvKeys

SilvMinimap

SilvItemlog.

The console dont throw any error either..

Please Help =/

Unbenannt-1.jpg

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

This is a known limitation of this plugin. It uses some Javascript functions that are not supported online (only offline). If you would run it as a local executable it would work but not as a HTML file. I probably need to add something like http://requirejs.org/docs/release/2.2.0/minified/require.js . But there may be more functions that are incompatible with browsers. I never got around to making it work for browsers, I'm currently rather occupied with C++/3D development. Because I don't earn money from my plugins (all free) the RM plugins sadly have a rather low priority.

Vandeliar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello,

This is a known limitation of this plugin. It uses some Javascript functions that are not supported online (only offline). If you would run it as a local executable it would work but not as a HTML file. I probably need to add something like http://requirejs.org/docs/release/2.2.0/minified/require.js . But there may be more functions that are incompatible with browsers. I never got around to making it work for browsers, I'm currently rather occupied with C++/3D development. Because I don't earn money from my plugins (all free) the RM plugins sadly have a rather low priority.

Thanks for your time to reply.

It's Okay for offline Games. Just wanted to know whats the error can be.

I also make ah offline Game, so it's no problem for me.

Still Thanks for this amazing Plugin you do it !

And sorry for my bad Englisch =/

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After working out some initial confusion, I managed to get Yanfly's Improved Battlebacks successfully working on a test battle, changing the battleback and getting it to scroll during combat. This means that I can have graphically dynamic battles on moving platforms, like the roof of a train or the deck of a ship/airship...
Place Events Like Tiles Through Replacement, & Take Notes Free Form | RPG Maker News #41

the singularity is upon us:
1621133810311.png
MV's plugin command setup is the current bane of RETRO's existence. To a degree, so is MZ's. Especially when trying to make MV's plugin command interface play nice with MZ plugin commands with complex arguments.
Finally got mv & mz games output to apk files ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ I'm so happy!! ┌(・。・)┘♪

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewAgeRetroFly