Eff-n-Geoff

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi there @SilverDash, just noticed a bug in this plugin when deploying to Mac OSX. It states that the minimap png's aren't there when they clearly are ... 

The minimap works fine when the game is ran through RPG Maker MV, but when running the game as a standalone app - it generates this error every time - even though the minimap png files are present.

Noctis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
@SilverDash Hi, I just want to ask how to generate events like NPCs on the minimap without generating their actual graphics? I want all the events to appear like a box or circle in the minimap and not their actual graphics.

and whenever I press 'm' nothing happens.

BTW how can I make the background of the minimap transparent? I made an image with transparent background and only the path visible but when I load it in the minimap it shows black background.

Untitled.png

here is the image I made

asdz.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Malagar

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for this wonderful script Silver!

I have a few problems though, im using your script in combination with a random dungeon generator script. So far it works like a charm, I thought it would be more complicated to implement alongside the other script. BUT:

1. Despite setting all PNGs to transparent and turning off the map background color (0 0 0 0), it always draws a black box behind my map. Is there a way to completely remove that? <This is not related to the random dungeons I guess>

2. I just cannot get events to show on my map.

(solved - I did put the command into the note tag instead of a comment - stupid me!)

3. As someone else requested, it would be great if there is a way to replace the event icons with other icons (like the blip for the player icon does).

Example Screenshot attached.

[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18289607/minimapsystem.png[/IMG]

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone. Sorry I'm not active in the RM-community at the moment. I'm working on (and prioritizing) projects that actually bring in money. And 3D does seem to do it better for me personally and I also prefer c++ over Javascript anytime. Also RM commissions pay out fairly low compared to C++/C# or Oracle freelance jobs. I hope you understand and again my apologies.

The custom event icons are on the todo-list but I never got around to implement it. I agree that this minimap needs it.

just noticed a bug in this plugin when deploying to Mac OSX. It states that the minimap png's aren't there when they clearly are ...

I do not currently have a Mac OS X at my disposal so I can not test nor reproduce it. I really hope this does not occur on Windows though because otherwise my minimap plugin would be entirely broken with the latest MV patch :( .

Just a wild guess, but maybe the folder structure is different on a Mac OSX or perhaps reading files from the disk is different on a Mac OSX compared to Windows. RPG Maker MV should in theory work the same on all platforms. This is mostly the case but not always as I found out in one of my plugins. Unless of course the standalone also doesn't work on Windows in which case I suspect the patch to cause problem to this plugin.

YuiDemonia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Silv! thanks for this plugin!

I would just like to ask, when are you going to implement the additional features/plans you have for this plugin? Also regarding the performance drain?

I have a huge world map and set the quality to the lowest and it still kind of slow in loading and sometimes will freeze my pc too as soon as I enter the world map either from: A)  After loading the world map, then opened menu screen, then back to world map. B.) From town, going to world map. C.) From after battle encounter while in World map.

I am already running on the latest MV 1.3.1 version.

Thank you!

apheline

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question.  I did what was described to use this item with YanFly's Menu Manager, however, instead of saying "Map" on the menu is says: function Map() {[native code]}

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

piksalh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great plugin! It works good but I get an error if using another great plugin: MBS - FPLE MV. Is it possible to fix it?

Im using custom map shot, no map tags, except one <fple> (it starts MBS - FPLE MV plugin to draw pseudo 3d view). Also enabled fog.

TypeError Cannot read property '_bushDepth' of undefined

Here is F8 info (changed file path with xxx):

pixi.js:2900 WebGL: INVALID_VALUE: bufferData: size == 0
babylon.js:3 BJS - [17:20:22]: Babylon.js engine (v2.3.0) launched
xxx/img/textures/1_0-2.png Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
babylon.js:3 BJS - [17:20:27]: Error while trying to load texture: img/textures/1_0-2.png
rpg_managers.js:1756 TypeError: Cannot read property '_bushDepth' of undefined
    at Window_Minimap.getPlayerBitmap (xxx/js/plugins/HNu8r1CL.js:1319:16)
    at Window_Minimap.update (xxx/js/plugins/HNu8r1CL.js:1290:26)
    at xxx/js/rpg_scenes.js:112:19
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at Scene_Map.Scene_Base.updateChildren (xxx/js/rpg_scenes.js:110:19)
    at Scene_Map.Scene_Base.update (xxx/js/rpg_scenes.js:42:10)
    at Scene_Map.update (xxx/js/rpg_scenes.js:408:33)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (xxx/js/rpg_managers.js:1829:25)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (xxx/js/rpg_managers.js:1790:18)
    at Function.SceneManager.update (xxx/js/rpg_managers.js:1714:14)

Any ideas how to fix it? 

Antera

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
EN & FR
Primarily Uses
Hello, do we have to make an image every time we update each map of the game ?

Would it be possible that the plugin reads the existing data and auto-generate the minimap ?

Cheers

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
everythings working for me Except the fog of war feature. when i enter the game theres a diamond sized piece missing from the fog of war and nothing removes as i walk around?

bloodtypeab

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english/korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what do you exactly write in the map note section if you want it to be auto generated?

swickster

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to disable the menus when you press "m"? So that it only shows the map window?

Black Mamba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
pt-br
Primarily Uses
can you update the screenshots?

section31

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey I had been using this plugin for a few years now and it's awesome. But when I upgraded my RPG maker MV to version 1.6, the minimap goes away for maps where you save image of the map you want (the normal way)...The auto-generated maps still work but look broken.

This is only after updating to 1.6, when I downgraded back to 1.5.2 the problem went away. Not sure what the cause of it is.

Pixelent Games

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way you can update the Screenshots or somebody can post some screenshots of the plugin? I'm very interested in this.

Psychronic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's an awesome plugin unfortunately it broke in 1.6

BishoujoHelper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bummer, I was hoping to use this plugin with MBS-FPLE just like @piksalh but I'm at MV 1.6.1 already, @SilverDash hasn't posted since 2016, and the postimg site for screenshots is gone. Any suggestions for a working/supported minimap with fog-of-war?

Psychronic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I looked forever and couldn't find one. I was able to make a minimap with events, but it's more annoying. This was the tutorial I used:

Silver's minimap was awesome and easy though, too bad it doesn't work in 1.6.1

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its working great but mapshot are not working for me.
I have renamed my mapshot to the map id (004.png as example) and put it in the right directory img/minimap but it is not working. What i am doing wrong?Generated Maps work like charm. But i prefer using mapshots.

Psychronic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its working great but mapshot are not working for me.
I have renamed my mapshot to the map id (004.png as example) and put it in the right directory img/minimap but it is not working. What i am doing wrong?Generated Maps work like charm. But i prefer using mapshots.

I had the same issue. My minimap broke when RPG Maker updated to 1.6.

Maybe try temporarily with 1.5 and see if it magically starts working.

Out of all the minimaps this was the best/most simple one, but it broke with 1.6.

Silver, where are you? Hah

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the same issue. My minimap broke when RPG Maker updated to 1.6.

Maybe try temporarily with 1.5 and see if it magically starts working.

Out of all the minimaps this was the best/most simple one, but it broke with 1.6.

Silver, where are you? Hah
Sorry for the extremely late reply. I just updated the minimap to the latest version of RMMV and redid the entire OP (because the forum upgrade (or whatever) also broke the OP) and uploaded working screenshots. It could use some more testing though.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Thursday AM
Him: When can you have this ready to test?
Me: With the amt of work plus other things on my plate, 2 weeks
Him: Can you have it ready by Monday?
Me: IF I can give my other work to someone else AND don't run into any issues AND I rush, I MIGHT be able to make it next Wednesday
Him: So Monday then?
Me: Maybe Wednesday
Realized virus affecting my NJS and MZ!
I feel so dumb I forgot to set parameters and thought the plugin wasn't working
I can come up with all of the magic skills in the world, but I can hardly think of creative physical weapon skills within the JRPG realm. One of those ones....
It's time for episode 19 of our Make a Cliff Map in RPG Maker MZ... I mean, Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ! Today we're working on our cliff map again. Let's see if we can finish it this time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesus784jui