Silvers Advanced Minimap (now with Fog of War!)

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I downloaded the minimap plugin version 1.31 and the core plugin today, I think you forgot to define the SE.Params object:
SE.Params = SE.Params || {};
I added it on the line 1078 and appears to be working now.

Elenaril

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:)

Last edited:

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GethN7 your feature is implemented (compatible with Yanfly's menu).

New updates
Updates v1.30, v1.31 & v1.40:
Code:
* v1.40 (25 April 2020)
* - Added a new plugin command: toggle_visibility
* - Added a new methods for main menu managers:
*   - SE.Minimap.Window.toggle()
*   - SE.Minimap.GetMenuToggleText()
*   - SE.Minimap.mainMenuToggleBind()
* - Added Saving & loading for:
*   - PlayerBlip graphic
*   - Minimap visibility
*   - Map style
*   - Vehicle visibilities
*   - Camera follow target
* - Bugfix: Non-generated maps now work for deployed projects.
* v1.31 (11 April 2020)
* - Fixed a crash when switching maps.
* v1.30 (05 April 2020) [Updated Parameters]
* - No longer requires the dependency "SE_Keys.js" but now instead requires "SE_Core.js".
* - Added coding standards.
* - Added a new Parameter: Suppress Warnings, defaults to false.
* - The minimap menu respects the fog of war.
* - Events, POI's, etc. are now drawn underneath the fog of war instead of above it.
* - Refactor: To comply with the new coding standards as well as for the new JS ECMA that is now supported in RMMV.
* - Refactor: Added a SE_Reporter class, which is now being used.
* - Bugfix: Fixed an if-statement-assignment bug in the first line of resetFoWCompletion().
* - Bugfix: The fog of war is now cleared around the player when transferring to or within a map.
* - Note: Changing the opacity of the minimap doesn't change the opacity of the fog of war. This is known and won't be changed because RPG Maker MV has some blitting limitations, it would cost too much maintenance/performance.

Hi, I downloaded the minimap plugin version 1.31 and the core plugin today, I think you forgot to define the SE.Params object:
I added it on the line 1078 and appears to be working now.
You probably forgot to add my Core script, activate it and put it above the minimap plugin. You should be getting a huge error in your console stating this. On line 40 my core script defines:
JavaScript:
But please update to version 1.40 :)

Last edited:

BrandyMoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Question, would this work with a sort of screen fog of war/black-maps that aren't available to player yet until they step on those tiles, unveiling more of the map over time?

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BrandyMoon
I don't understand the question. In the OP in the big screenshot, it shows exactly this. Also, this is literally "Fog of War". So yes it will work assuming your FoW-maps aren't too big.

SMO_Valadorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

New updates

You probably forgot to add my Core script, activate it and put it above the minimap plugin. You should be getting a huge error in your console stating this. On line 40 my core script defines:
JavaScript:

Actually, idk how but I downloaded the Core version 1.00, I'm sure I didn't click on "Older Versions"... sorry about that xD
That's why that object was missing here, I see you added it on 1.01, it works with the latest version.

That's an amazing plugin!

GethN7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

New updates

JavaScript:

VERY MUCH OBLIGED! Thanks for going the extra mile on this issue.

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Randomly thanks (and then realized I'd probably better Like the first entry). I'm going for a game with the FPLE plugin like some of the other posters, where an automap contributes extremely to the player's comfort, so I can confirm it works. Great stuff!

Just two notes: First, I can't seem to turn the player's representation from that questionable chibi figurine to a stylish dot. I've tried the following settings for Player Blip Graphic:
PlayerBlip
PlayerBlip.png
playerblip.png
"PlayerBlip"
"PlayerBlip.png"

...and none of them have any effect. Pretty weird.

Further, it seems that when the minimap starts disabled (Visible By Default = false), I can't seem to get it activated as a minimap again. Calling it via the menu option (with YanFly's Menu Manager) still works, it just won't appear in a screen corner.

If anyone has a solution for the first problem, I'd be quite grateful. I can live without the map showing up in a random corner. Thanks once again!

hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Randomly thanks (and then realized I'd probably better Like the first entry). I'm going for a game with the FPLE plugin like some of the other posters, where an automap contributes extremely to the player's comfort, so I can confirm it works. Great stuff!

Just two notes: First, I can't seem to turn the player's representation from that questionable chibi figurine to a stylish dot. I've tried the following settings for Player Blip Graphic:
PlayerBlip
PlayerBlip.png
playerblip.png
"PlayerBlip"
"PlayerBlip.png"

...and none of them have any effect. Pretty weird.

Further, it seems that when the minimap starts disabled (Visible By Default = false), I can't seem to get it activated as a minimap again. Calling it via the menu option (with YanFly's Menu Manager) still works, it just won't appear in a screen corner.

If anyone has a solution for the first problem, I'd be quite grateful. I can live without the map showing up in a random corner. Thanks once again!

Hopefully I can help a little here. I use MV3D instead of FPLE, but the solution should be the same.

A workaround if you can't figure out how to change the player icon to the default red dot is to change the sprite of the player character, since you won't be able to see them in first-person anyway. I made a custom arrow sprite sheet that works to also show the direction the player is facing and personally think this looks much better than the red dot anyway.

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Good point! Actually I'm also with MV3D, was just mixing names up. I'm going to try that. Thanks!

hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good point! Actually I'm also with MV3D, was just mixing names up. I'm going to try that. Thanks!
I also suggest using this patch plugin if you're using the most recent version of MV3D, since it fixes a facing issue.

Attachments

• mv3d-SE_Minimap.js
    590 bytes · Views: 7

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks again. Incidentally, does the "Global Map Zoom" setting of the minimap plugin work for you?

hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. If it doesn't work for you, make sure you have the map style set to "scroll".

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well, it is set to "Scroll", as it says in the comment, but it doesn't change anything... I still have very small map tiles and a very big arrow pointing through them. I'm fine with the big arrow, but I'd like the map to be displayed a little larger (2x zoom would be fine).

hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In that case, try setting the global map zoom to 0.5.

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
In that case, try setting the global map zoom to 0.5.

That was indeed the first thing I tried. Actually, I tried numerous values from 0.1 to 2.0, and nothing changed.

hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's strange.

You mentioned that you couldn't get it to appear in the corner if you had it disabled by default, and could only view it by calling the map. Does map zoom also not work for you when you have it enabled and functioning as a minimap rather than just called via the menu?
If this is the case, then you need to adjust the "menu zoom" values rather than the "global map zoom" values.

Last edited:

hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I have a question of my own actually, now that FoW works on the menu map.
When calling the map, is it possible to disable shown events as Points of Interest? I have certain events set to be visible on the map that I don't necessarily want to appear as PoI on the menu map, such as shortcuts that only appear after you discover them (by toggling from an event page with no sprite to one that has a "shortcut" sprite as shown below).

I don't want this to appear in the map menu at all, as this gives it away before the player can find it. If that's not possible, then is it possible to disable the map menu altogether so that calling the map just pulls up the large map without a list of PoI? I tried setting the left window width to "0", but hitting the up and down keys still cycles between PoI on the map even if the menu itself is invisible.

Last edited:

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
If this is the case, then you need to adjust the "menu zoom" values rather than the "global map zoom" values.

Thanks! That did it.

Oh, I have a question of my own actually, now that FoW works on the menu map.
When calling the map, is it possible to disable shown events as Points of Interest? I have certain events set to be visible on the map that I don't necessarily want to appear as PoI on the menu map, such as shortcuts that only appear after you discover them (by toggling from an event page with no sprite to one that has a "shortcut" sprite as shown below).

Hmm. If nothing else works, you could go the "brute force" way and manipulate the image on which the minimap is based. I will certainly do so with my minimaps for just this reason.

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry, I'm busy with other stuff (gotta get some income) so I don't really have time to look into certain questions or fix/add features for my plugins.

@hsumi
Off the top of my head, I don't know if it's possible (aside from some 'brute force hacks') to hide it without scripting an additional option for this but I guess it's not possible.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! Someone did a playthrough of my game. :D

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tembabavuma11