hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then is it possible to disable POI altogether while still having certain events show on the map?
Really, all I'm wanting is to be able to show the full map when the Map button is pressed, with minimal interactivity.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, thank you for making the best minimap plugin! I want to make some suggestions.
It is hoped that the minimap can be displayed in a circular or oval shape. Because squares are sometimes ugly!
When scrolling, you can directly drag with the mouse.
It would be smart if the mini map can be automatically hidden during conversations and other events!

Lykoris

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, First LOVE the plugin!
Is there a way to change the Window_X and Window_Y in the "Positioning and Size" to negative values?
I don't want it to be attached to the screen edges, if it's possible of course ~

Christoph

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey love that work of yours and the ton of custom functionality in your plugin! :) Anyhow it is not working for me with my QPlus and Qmovement Plugin. Is this a know isses? I really would like to use your map plugin, but the QPlugins are core of my game, can't edlere them..

Christoph

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok I figured it out myself, maybe it helps somebody..

The error occurs by setting up colliders with the QMovement Plugins like "<collider:box,8,48,2,0>". By changing the command to "<colliders> collision: box,8,48,2,0 </colliders>" the error doesn't occur anymore (Just be aware that you need to differ between collision and interaction by setting up the commands like that).

The #Fade-out fix didn't work for me, so I inserted "SE.Minimap.Window_Opacity = this._brightness;" right below the code line "SE.Minimap.Window.contents.paintOpacity = this._brightness;". Then the minimap disappears with a screen fade out. Anyhow since the oppacity of my map is 100 I also had to change the line "if (this._brightness < 255)" to "if (this._brightness < 100)". Because otherwise the minimap gets back to 255 opacity with a screen fade in.

To enable the FoW I had to change the line "if (!this.isMoving()) { " to "if (this.isMoving()) {". Then the FoW keeps updating itself. Didn't test yet if any errors or performance issues occur.

crow28

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good afternoon. How do I move the map to the upper-right corner?

Attachments

• InkedСнимок экрана 2021-01-08 135655_LI.jpg
    InkedСнимок экрана 2021-01-08 135655_LI.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Regarding plugin incompatibilities:
I can't personally go and try to figure out if <insert name of plugin> is incompatible with mine(s). It takes up too much time. My plugins are written as compatible as possible but sometimes they still clash with some other plugin. C'est la vie. A patch must be written (assuming the other plugin was properly written).

Wow, thank you for making the best minimap plugin! I want to make some suggestions.
It is hoped that the minimap can be displayed in a circular or oval shape. Because squares are sometimes ugly!
When scrolling, you can directly drag with the mouse.
It would be smart if the mini map can be automatically hidden during conversations and other events!
Thank you. Sorry, this plugin is not actively in development anymore. I only fix any major bugs if found. It's unlikely that new features will be added. I just don't have the time for free stuff right now. I have so many free projects everywhere (not just RPG Maker). Hopefully, soon I can at least centralize most of my projects onto 1 website, with 1 bug-tracker.

Hey, First LOVE the plugin!
Is there a way to change the Window_X and Window_Y in the "Positioning and Size" to negative values?
I don't want it to be attached to the screen edges, if it's possible of course ~
Thank you. Yes you can but you'd have to edit the script by adding 2 lines:
Change this:
Code:
 * @param Window_X
* @desc x-location of minimap window. If window-alignment is set to Right, this will act as an offset-value instead.
* @parent Positioning & Size
* @type number
* @default 0
* @param Window_Y
* @desc y-location of minimap window. If window-alignment is set to Top, this will act as an offset-value instead.
* @type number
* @default 2

to this to set values up to minus 1000:
Code:
 * @param Window_X
* @desc x-location of minimap window. If window-alignment is set to Right, this will act as an offset-value instead.
* @type number
* @min -1000
* @default 0
* @param Window_Y
* @desc y-location of minimap window. If window-alignment is set to Top, this will act as an offset-value instead.
* @type number
* @min -1000
* @default 2

Good afternoon. How do I move the map to the upper-right corner?
Hello. Please use the plugin positioning parameters for this.

Last edited:

crow28

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1610341090295.png
Window_x
Window_y
Are these parameters responsible for the position of the map on the screen? I tried to change it didn't work. Can you help?

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I changed them in the demo project and it works just fine. Did you try using bigger numbers like Window_X: 200 or something? If it doesn't work, try the demo project or try resetting your minimap settings and then change them one by one to check where it breaks.

crow28

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks you. Turn out. Only it was necessary to put a minus, and in the text field.
1610384692678.png

Frapstery

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a strange bug with version 1.41

For me the player blip does not update. No matter which graphic I want to use, it always shows me only the character sprite.

AngusBeef

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there a way to move the minimap's X and Y location in-game with a switch or a script call? I've looked through the script (really tidy and well-organized btw lol) and I've found this bit here:

SE.Minimap.Window = new Window_Minimap(x + SE.Minimap.Window_X, y + SE.Minimap.Window_Y, SE.Minimap.WindowWidth, SE.Minimap.WindowHeight, mapname, minimapType);
SE.Minimap.Window.resetFade();

Editing the SE.Minimap.Window_X and _Y values changes the location on the screen, but I really don't know enough about how the map is loaded, or javascript in general, to know if adding a switch check here should work that way...

Edit: After a few more minutes of fiddling and clearing my mind by taking a ****, all it took was the Script Command: SE.Minimap.Window_X = number, same with Y, and then the Plugin Command: Minimap Refresh to move it. So I'll just leave this here in case anyone else has a kindergarten level understanding of javascript like me

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Under normal circumstances this would probably be the 4th time this year I'd say "hey guys I'm back", but honestly I might as well just drop a casual: hey guys how you doing lately?
T4aUVB5.jpg

And then flee.
Mouse Coordinates + Common Events, Custom Actor Parameters & Fantasy Beasts | RPG Maker News #32

BillyJack wrote on RachelTheSeeker's profile.
Checking out your profile pic. Check out missmabs.com and see wildy. http://missmab.com/Cast/wildy.php

Great comic if you havent read it.
Winter Cover.png
Peeps, can we just take some time to appreciate the mods here? They're so friendly, and they're always there for us when we need help. Now that I've been here for two years, I want to thank the mods and admins for keeping it positive here on the forum. They're the reason I've stayed so long! Here's to you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ManYouForgot