Silver's Dash Stamina

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by SilverDash, Nov 26, 2015.

1. yeye on est la

yeye on est la Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Hey Silver!

Sorry I have misspoken. I meant in more general terms. I meant to hide the stamina bar everytime the player interacts with an event.
    (Speaking with an NPC, Opening a chest, interacting with a random event,etc).

For Example MOGHunter Actor Hud does that well : Everytime you interact with an event, the HUD would auto hide.

I believe it would be a welcome addition to your plugin :)

2. SilverDash

SilverDash Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oooh. That's very easy to implement. I already added it to the next version but I'm refactoring it and busy irl so maybe next week or something.

yeye on est la likes this.
  3. yeye on est la

First Language:
    french
    Perfect man sounds good!

Cheers XD

4. SilverDash

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    New version v2.00 (lots of internal changes)
    If you upgrade to v2.0, please take note:
    1. Backup your project before upgrading (just in case but it can also be handy for restoring all the parameters).
    2. The parameters changed so you'll have to delete and re-add it in your plugin manager.
    3. The addon-script is not compatible with v1.21 and v2.00 or higher and is now deprecated because it's integrated into the main script.
    4. Because most of the code is rewritten, new bugs may occur. Please inform me here of any new bugs.

yeye on est la and MechScapeZH like this.
  5. keizz

keizz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi thanks for come back to upgrade new version, I glad to see you.

6. MechScapeZH

MechScapeZH Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

First of all, thank you for creating this plugin- it's exactly what I was looking for.

Before I download it, though- I don't see any terms of use in your initial post. Apologies if I missed them. Is this plugin free for commercial use? I wanted to know before I possibly make the mistake of using your plugin for something you don't want it used for.

7. SilverDash

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh I apparently accidentally deleted the license in v1.21 in the original post because normally I put it inside the script. I'll put it inside the script next time but for now here it is:

License:

MechScapeZH likes this.
  8. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you- your name will go in my game's credits.

Again, thanks for the plugin, and great work!

EDIT:
    Unfortunately, I seem to have run into a problem- the plugin parameters & plugin help text don't show on the plugin manager. Everything is blank except for the plugin name. I've tried to fix this myself, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to be an error on my end.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you again.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  9. SilverDash

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It works for me. Did you try out the master demo? Also when upgrading, did you remove the old plugin in the plugin manager before adding the new one?

MechScapeZH likes this.
  10. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I did not- I got the file from the Pastebin link. I didn't actually have any of the other versions of the plugin- I just found it.

I copied the plugin file from the master demo to my game folder and it showed all the parameters, which is very odd considering that the file from the demo and the file from the Pastebin link appear to be identical. I pressed the "download" button in the Pastebin menu to get the file- was I supposed to do something different? I've never worked with Pastebin before.

However, the script is still nonfunctional- the plugin simply does not take effect. Is it dependent on any other plugins? Perhaps that's what I'm missing.

Again, thank you so much for your help.

SilverDash likes this.
  11. SilverDash

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The first problem is likely that you HAVE to name the pastebin script "SE_DashStamina.js". I changed the download link from PasteBin --> Google Drive instead now to avoid this problem in the future.

The second problem I don't understand. I assume that you enabled the script and that the parameters are showing and that you are actually running with your character and that there are no console errors/warnings. No there are no dependencies.
    Is it possible to send me the project or a small demo version maybe that demonstrates the problem?

MechScapeZH likes this.
  12. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't even think to check the console- that's completely my bad.

SE_DashStamina.js:643 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'DashStamina' of undefined
    at SE_DashStamina.js:643
    at SE_DashStamina.js:1755
    pixi.js:27682
    PixiJS 4.5.4 - ✰ WebGL ✰ http://www.pixijs.com/ ♥♥♥

There's an undefined variable, if I'm interpreting that correctly?

Thanks again for your help.

SilverDash likes this.
  13. yeye on est la

First Language:
    french
    Hey Silver!

Thanks for the new feature it is very appreciated! However, I have one problem. The plugin is not working for me :).
    I have copy pasted the plugin from your master file and didn't change any parameters and it doesn't work for me (window not showing and no stamina system). I have deleted the old stamina plugin and it is still not working for me. Did I do anything wrong?

Cheers!

yeye on est la

Attached Files:

SilverDash likes this.
  14. SilverDash

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks that's all the info I need.
    My apologies. It appears that I forgot a line of code to initialize a very important variable (bug) and the error @MechScapeZH and @yeye on est la describe only occurs if you don't use any of my other plugins before this one. That's why it works in the Master Demo but not in your projects. Just to be clear, this script does NOT require any dependencies, this is just a silly bug from my end.

I uploaded a new version that fixed this:

V2.01
    Download v2.01

Thanks for informing me. Please let me know if any other issues arise because v2.00 is pretty much a whole new plugin.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    MechScapeZH likes this.
  15. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It works swimmingly now- thank you so much @SilverDash!

As I said, you will be properly credited as per your licence.

Thanks for the great plugin!

16. ZBunnyZ

ZBunnyZ Warper Member

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello there!
    1st: thank you so much Silver for this amazing plugin!
    I'm just looking for a script command or something to block the stamina regen. Could you help me finding that? Putting the recovery rate at 0 maybe?

Thank you so much in advance!

17. yeye on est la

First Language:
    french
    Hey Silver! Thank you so much for the amazing plugin! Thank you for the fix : the stamina windows now appears properly.

However, I noticed 2 bugs in your awesome plugin:

1. When you chose the disable option for the window sliding motion, the stamina window would not appear in game

2. When you chose to hide the stamina window at max - For Ex: If I choose 30 frames, the window would hide after 30 frames even though it is not at max stamina and would reappear to regenerate to max then would hide after 30 frames.

Both of the bugs can be replicated in the Demo file along with the 2.01 version.

Thanks again for your awesome work!

Yeye on est la

18. e463gx

e463gx Villager Member

Is there a way to reduce the stamina manually through script or plugin commands? I see you can do it through items, but I would like to do it through an event

19. SilverDash

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Updated to version 2.02:

20. e463gx

e463gx Villager Member

When I try to use the Variable option in the plugin I receive an errror saying "Cannot read property 'dashStamina' of null". It happens both in my game and in your demo, so I'm pretty sure I messed something up when I updated my RPGMV, any chance you know what that could be?

Capture.PNG

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019