Silvers Skill Gems (Materia)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by SilverDash, Jan 31, 2016.

1. SilverDash

SilverDash Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    NOTE: This plugin hasn't been updated for almost 4 years. I may update this plugin soon.

Script:
    Silvers Skill Gems (Materia) v1.04
    Author: SilverDash
    About
    I originally intended it to be like Path of Exile's skill-system. However, in the end I noticed that it also had nearly all the features (mostly more) that a materia system needs. So now you have a materia-system that supports color-coding.

This script was catching dust since mid December 2015 (project cancelled) so I was like... Why not just share it then? Because of this the terms "Gems" and "Materia" may be used interchangeably but they are exactly the same.

Screenshots

Features

• Supports Skill-, support-, command- & special-Materia.

• Comes with support for "Enemy Skill Materia".

• Supports extra plugins (that you can write yourself if you can script) for adding extra support/special Materia. One example is already provided.

• Comes with some predefined support Materia.

• You can use armor-items as Materia

You can use the RPG Maker MV build-in Parameter Changes and Traits to adjust stats

• Supports local & global stat modifiers depending on Materia-rank

[*]Does not interfere/modify the skills used for enemies. Also does not interfere/modify with any other existing skills in the database.

[*]Supports Yanfly's main menu manager

[*]Supports stat-comparison

[*]Supports Unique Materia (= max of 1 of these equipped per actor)

[*]Weapon & Armor sockets of course.

[*]Supports color-coding for both sockets and Materia.

[*]Materia gains ranks, xp and can optionally create new Materia upon reaching max-rank

[*]Supports the default RPG Maker MV default resolution. By default it's optimized for 1280x720.

Cons

• When I wrote this plugin, it was not intended for public use. so it's not easy to use. Sadly making demo-projects is still not doable with the current project size that RPG Maker MV offers us.

• Could use some more testing but if I don't just release it, it would probably just catch dust on the shelf forever. As far as I could tell it's stable.

>> Download <<

Download package v1.04 (this download includes the images and all the plugins including the optional ones)

Installation instructions

Download the following plugins and put them in your plugin directory. Then add them to the Plugin Manager [F10] in this order:

• YEP_ItemCore

• YEP_MainMenuManager (optional)

• SilvBattleCommand (optional)

• SilvSkillGem

• SilvSkillGem_Scene (optional but HIGHLY recommended)

• SilvSkillGem_Support_Basics (optional)

• <Any Support Gem Addons go here>

Now add the Materia-images to your project folder (they are near the bottom of this post):
    <your project>/img/skill_gems/EquipSocketsSkin.png
    <your project>/img/skill_gems/Orbs.png
    <your project>/img/skill_gems/Sockets.png
    <your project>/img/skill_gems/Stars.png

Now you just have to create items with sockets and materia. The details&examples for those are detailed below.

typesSetup.jpg

Now make sure that the ID's of the entries you just added above match the entries shown below by changing the plugin-parameters [F10].

parametersSetup.jpg

Use notetags to add sockets to items. Example (r = red, y = yellow, etc):

adding sockets.png

Now create a new armor-item in the database and make sure that it's ID matches the parameter "Unequip ID" in SilvSkillGem_Scene.js (or obviously just change the parameter to match this armor-id instead).

unequip.jpg

Now all you have to do is create the skillgems. The notetags are listed in the help of the SilvSkillGem plugin. Here are some examples:

Skill-gem example:

tut1.jpg

Command-gem example:

tut2.jpg

Support-gem example:

tut3.jpg

Enemy Skill gem example:

enemySkillConfig.jpg

Optional instructions for adding compatibility with Yanfly's Main Menu Manager (highly recommended). Just fill in the fields as shown below:

Yanfly Main Menu Mgr.jpg

Upgrade Instructions

v.1.03 --> 1.04:

- Copy&replace your files with the whole download package.

- Delete the files "Orbs.png" and "Sockets.png" (they are no longer used).

- Parameters were changed. Re-add the SilvSkillGem.js and SilvSkillGem_Scene.js to the Plugin Manager.

- If you use the new "Gems.png" image you must also give credit to ArcheoFox. This image (and only this image!) is licensed CC3.

v.1.02(a) --> 1.03:

- Parameters were changed. Re-add the SilvSkillGem.js and SilvSkillGem_Scene.js to the Plugin Manager.

v.1.02 --> 1.02a:

- Copy&replace your files with the whole download package (actually only SilvSkillGem.js changed).

v.1.01 --> 1.02:
    - Delete the Lodash.js and SilvUniqueSkills.js and remove them from the Plugin Manager.
    - Note: I added a new parameter "Unequip ID" to the Scene Plugin. This one must now be set to an armor which will be used as the Unequip-button. I also added a new screenshot of this to the installation instructions.

v.1.00 --> 1.01:
    - Copy&replace SilvSkillGem_Support_Poison.js

Known bugs

• It is/was somehow possible to dupe Materia through equipping/unequipping Materia but I never managed to reproduce it. If you happen to encounter this, please let me know how to reproduce it with as many details as possible so I can fix this.

Todo-list & possible upcoming features/fixes:

• Polishing

• Currently only skill-gems can gain bonus experience (ex: from the Training Support Materia)... Other gems can not, but all gems can gain experience.

• Add compatibility for http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js

• Add a plugin command to manually learn skills to Materia, including those that don't have the notetags for it. I forgot this in v1.04.

• Add parameters for the default-support-materia-addon.

• Add more default support materia.

Compatible with at least the following plugins:

• YEP_SkillCore.js

• YEP_CoreEngine.js

• YEP_EquipCore.js

• YEP_ItemCore.js (=required plugin!)

• YEP_BattleEngineCore.js

• YEP_MainMenuManager.js

• YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js

• YEP_X_VisualHpGauge.js

• YEP_VictoryAftermath.js

• YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js

• YEP_MessageCore.js

• MOG_BattlerMotion.js

• And of course with all of my plugins

Terms:

Last updated: 31 January 2016

• Free for commercial and non-commercial use with appropriate credits given to "SilverDash".

• You may use this work in adult games.

• Do not redistribute this work without it's license.

• Terms are subject to change.

• See the License.rtf file for the full license which applies to all of this work created by me.

• Obviously for the Yanfly plugins (YEP) you must check her terms. They are NOT made by me. Link to her license page. They are currently available for commercial & non-commercial use.

• The file "Gems.png" was not made by me, is licensed under the CC3 and credit must be given to ArcheoFox.

If you are worried about the terms, contact me and I'm sure we can work something out that suits you ;).

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    OwlySun, Pern, Fernyfer775 and 3 others like this.
  2. SilverDash

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When reporting bugs, please:

• Briefly describe what you were doing
    • Post the console-data [F8].
    • If you have problems getting the Materia to work (like the support materia), please also post a screenshot of the database configuration for that specific Materia.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
  3. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Did someone say Materia? *summoned*

4. SilverDash

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It seems I still had some debug code in the "Poison State Addon". I uploaded the new package 1.01. I also uploaded a new screenshot to the instructions with an example of how to add sockets to weapons/armors.

For those that already downloaded v1.00, you only need to replace the "SilvSkillGem_Support_Poison.js" file (if you use it at all that is).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
  5. boomy

boomy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Nice plugin. I like the we'll detailed instructions

As for discussion on terms of use; his/her script, his/her rules.

if you think the terms are illegal or unfair then don't use this script

Xeno_Salazar and Cazziuz like this.
  6. Moe_Lester13

Moe_Lester13 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Looks awesome, and I'll have to test it at some point. Just a thought, it might pay to add a couple of screen shots of what it looks like in game, just so that some who might not familiar with Materia (who am I kidding) can see how it functions.

Other than that, thanks for your contribution :)

7. pclaydon

pclaydon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    well this looks good and from seeing victor sants vx ace version this could be interesting to see how you guys differ

SilverDash likes this.
  8. SilverDash

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    But there are 6 screenshots of how it looks ingame near the top of the OP under "Screenshots".

I was actually hoping that Victor would convert his Ace script to MV. I even asked him if it was possible to commission before I wrote this one :p.  But at the time it seemed he wanted to first get more familiar with Javascript before converting that plugin. He is a very skilled overall programmer and I do hope some more people will support him on Patreon so he can make some more complex and bigger plugins for MV.

Sadly the pay for scripters (imo) for RPG Maker are quite low overall.

Roguedeus likes this.
  9. SilverDash

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Released version 1.02

- I removed 2 plugin dependencies.

- Upgrade instructions were added to the OP.

- I added a lot of extra parameters (mostly for multi language).

- I added some extra features like only allowing one Materia of a type per linked group of sockets.

- Updated the installation instructions with how to configure Yanfly's Main Menu Manager:

[​IMG]

The advantage of releasing a plugin is that I have more motivation to actually work on it instead of it 'just catching dust' :).

Roguedeus and Victor Sant like this.
  10. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Victor Sant, Cazzuiz (if Victor quoted you exactly and did not modify the text himself), blue and red text are reserved for moderators only. Do NOT use this in any of your posts again. This is clearly stated in the forum rules, available on a tab at the top of the forum page.

I have hidden all of the off-topic posts. Back to topic now, please.

SilverDash likes this.
  11. Cazziuz

Cazziuz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Issues has been fixed , thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  12. a noble wolf

a noble wolf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Silverdash,

Thank you for the great plugin. I an having a little trouble after setting up menu manager. When I try to open menu I get Error Type Cannot read property 'SG' of undefined.

Thank you for your help.

13. Pern

Pern Hello Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Wow this is great timing :] I'll take a look at this tomorrow morning and play around with it. Excited to see what I can do! Thank you for the plugin.

14. SilverDash

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry! I made a silly mistake. Try the new version:

Download package v1.02a

You only need to replace SilvSkillGem.js but you can just copy over the whole thing if you prefer.

15. Mojo907

Mojo907 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do the support gems like (ALL) interfere with single target animated skills created with Yanfly's action sequences?

16. ArcheoFox

ArcheoFox Novice Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Very nice plugin!! I will add the green color (for skill gems) on the color list. It is possible? How I can do that? 
    Another thing: it is possible to see all the materia infos when it is selected on the equiped slot and not just when it is in the reserve?

Thank you in advance.

OwlySun likes this.
  17. a noble wolf

a noble wolf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    SilverDash,

Thank you for you quick response. The main menu will now open, but when I click on the gem option on the menu then choose an actor I receive ReferenceError scene_SG is not defined.

Thank you for help.

18. SilverDash

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have no idea. I guess you gotta try it and find out if they are compatible. This materia system uses the skills from the database as they are. So if another plugin modifies them, it should still work. The only thing the ALL-materia does is changing the scope of the skill. So as long as the all-enemies or all-allies scope is supported, it should work.

If it does not, please send me a link of the script in question and I will see if I can make them compatible.

Ah yes I forgot to add green myself.

I should add a quick tutorial on how to add extra colors. For now:

1. Edit the following 2 images: <project>/img/skill_gems/Orbs.png and <project>/img/skill_gems/Sockets.png
    2. Either replace an exiting color or make the images longer and add a new one to it. By default you gotta extend the width of the image (not scale it) by 32 pixels.
    3. Note that the last 2 frames in the Sockets.png are the materia links. You can add your custom before or after it as you wish. I would recommend inserting it after the brown color and before the links.
    4. Open SilvSkillGem.js with an editor and goto lines 404 & 418. These are the hash-tables that 'connect the images to the code'. To add a green color you could do this:
    Silv.SG.SocketColorTable =
    {
    '0': 'white',
    w: 'white',
    l: 'black',
    r: 'red',
    b: 'blue',
    y: 'yellow',
    p: 'purple',
    c: 'cyan',
    n: 'brown',
    g: 'green' // <<<<<<<<<<<<<< use any name you see fit (case-sensitive)
    };

// This table is used to translate color-names (the ones from SocketColorTable) to image-frames.
    Silv.SG.SocketColorImageTable =
    {
    white: 0,
    black: 1,
    red: 2,
    blue: 3,
    yellow: 4,
    purple: 5,
    cyan: 6,
    brown: 7,
    green: 8 // <<<<<<<<<<<<<< 9 is the frame-index in the image. 8 would be after brown.
    };

5. You gotta change these 2 parameters if you changed the frame-index of the 2 link-images.

changecolor.png

I think I will add a short&better tutorial later today with some screenshots. Maybe I can even add some plugin parameters for it. Ah I know. I will add some blank-colors that you can fill in later, that will be much easier. I'll do that for the next version.

The most likely cause is that you used a small letter. scene_SG should be Scene_SG. Notice the capital letter S.

If that does not work:

1. I would require the data from the console [F8]. I need to know what line is throwing that error.

2. It would also help if you could add a screenshot of Yanfly's Main Menu plugin.

3. When you add the code below to an event to manually open the scene, does that also crash?:

Silv.SG_Scene.ActiveActor = $gameActors.actor($gameParty._actors[0]);
    SceneManager.push(Scene_SG);

4. You do have the Scene plugin in your project and it is enabled right?

19. ArcheoFox

ArcheoFox Novice Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Thank you SilverDash! I edited the js with your indications but I have a problem now with this 9th green color:

green error.png

green error2.png

Another thing: it is possible to see all the materia infos when it is selected on the equiped slot and not just when it is in the reserve? Thank you in advance.

And here is my little contribute for the 9th color add and gems with materias RTP-edit style:
    - Sockets (with green):  View attachment 30716

- Gems = Materias RTP style (+green):  Orbs2.png

OwlySun and Mojo907 like this.
  20. Mojo907

Mojo907 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I guess what I was pointing out, was when you use attack sequences with Yanfly's plugin shifting the scope to all enemies would make the attack go off on each enemy individually if the notetag parameter isn't changed from <target action> to <whole action>, so while your ALL materia would still work, it wouldn't just play the animation sequence once against all enemies.