- May 10, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Sim Hero is available for free from IndieDB.com.
Sim Hero is a cross between a Sports Management sim and a pretty traditional JRPG (which we all know RPG Maker VXAce excels at). Unlike many RPG Maker games, you neither watch nor control the combat in Sim Hero. Instead -like a traditional sports management sim- you can comb the combat logs to see how your parties of heroes fared.
Your goal is to build your settlement, recruit/manage heroes & send heroes off to adventure in dungeons.
Death is permanent for your heroes and you must keep your population happy & well fed - otherwise the game will be over for you.
Some of the major features:
- Robust character system with oodles of loot, dozens of classes, multiclassing, Job Points, hundreds of skills and much more
- Heroes develop organically as they adventure or train. They can become wounded and/or learn unique talents.
- A settlement to develop! Build your settlement from meager tents to soaring castles. Make choices on how your settlement evolves (do you build a Barrows to enlist the dead in your service or an Elemental Altar? An alchemist guild or a mage tower?)
- A random event system ensures no two games are the same
- Set villagers to task gathering food, wood, ores and other resources. And/or set them to be chiefs, entertainers and more to keep your civilization growing & happy.
- Assign a hero to lead your causes as your Champion
- Assign a hero to lead your army as your Guard Captain
- Diplomacy with your neighbors, including trade
- Craft arms, armor & trade goods
- Roguelike elements: permanent hero death, steep difficulty, gameover infodump
Since this is a simulation game, we wanted the player to have as much freedom as possible to name their characters.
The main character can be renamed and set to male or female.
Almost every hero recruited can be renamed.
Some unique characters can be recruited, but they cannot be renamed (you may be their ruler, but a 30yr old swordsman is probably happy with their name).
You were the rightful heir to a kingdom, but your parents' enemies destroyed your home and exiled you to an island. It's your desire to explore this new land and see if you can survive.
Just starting out:
We are feverishly working on the 1st expansion pack which will replace most/all stock RPGMaker tilesets, facesets & more. It just wasn't in the budget this time around.
The game is free for now, but may someday (providing we can get all our own graphical assets in place) hit Steam Greenlight or a similar distributor.
While we haven't completed a manual yet, there is a skeleton of the wiki here: http://simhero.wikia.com/wiki/SimHero_Wiki
Last edited by a moderator: