oldbone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sim Hero

Sim Hero is available for free from IndieDB.com.

Game Synopsis

Sim Hero is a cross between a Sports Management sim and a pretty traditional JRPG (which we all know RPG Maker VXAce excels at). Unlike many RPG Maker games, you neither watch nor control the combat in Sim Hero. Instead -like a traditional sports management sim- you can comb the combat logs to see how your parties of heroes fared.

Your goal is to build your settlement, recruit/manage heroes & send heroes off to adventure in dungeons.

Death is permanent for your heroes and you must keep your population happy & well fed - otherwise the game will be over for you.

Some of the major features:

• Robust character system with oodles of loot, dozens of classes, multiclassing, Job Points, hundreds of skills and much more
  • Heroes develop organically as they adventure or train. They can become wounded and/or learn unique talents. 
  • A settlement to develop! Build your settlement from meager tents to soaring castles. Make choices on how your settlement evolves (do you build a Barrows to enlist the dead in your service or an Elemental Altar? An alchemist guild or a mage tower?)
  • A random event system ensures no two games are the same
  • Set villagers to task gathering food, wood, ores and other resources. And/or set them to be chiefs, entertainers and more to keep your civilization growing & happy.
  • Assign a hero to lead your causes as your Champion
  • Assign a hero to lead your army as your Guard Captain
  • Diplomacy with your neighbors, including trade
  • Craft arms, armor & trade goods
  • Roguelike elements: permanent hero death, steep difficulty, gameover infodump
Characters & Setting

Since this is a simulation game, we wanted the player to have as much freedom as possible to name their characters.

The main character can be renamed and set to male or female.

Almost every hero recruited can be renamed.

Some unique characters can be recruited, but they cannot be renamed (you may be their ruler, but a 30yr old swordsman is probably happy with their name). 

You were the rightful heir to a kingdom, but your parents' enemies destroyed your home and exiled you to an island. It's your desire to explore this new land and see if you can survive.

Screenshots

Just starting out:

main3.jpg
A little more developed:

banner original.jpg

Main Menu:

main1.jpg

Villager Controls:

villagers.jpg

Expedition:

exped.jpg

Combat Log:

combat log.jpg
Gearing Up:

gear.jpg
Hero Status:

status.jpg
Game Over:

gameover.jpg

Closing Notes

We are feverishly working on the 1st expansion pack which will replace most/all stock RPGMaker tilesets, facesets & more. It just wasn't in the budget this time around.

The game is free for now, but may someday (providing we can get all our own graphical assets in place) hit Steam Greenlight or a similar distributor.

While we haven't completed a manual yet, there is a skeleton of the wiki here: http://simhero.wikia.com/wiki/SimHero_Wiki

Last edited by a moderator:

bielau

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Nice game, but:

- upgraded Home should add more villagers (3/6/x maybe?),

- upgraded Farm should add more food production not only food stockpile,

- why I can't upgrade Quary/Lumbermill to get more stone/wood production?

- how to get faith?

- crafting is bad. Very bad.

Maxjonathay

Jonathay
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
hello, i was having so much fun in playing this game, and i'm here asking permission to translate this game to Brazilian Portuguese, can i?

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been playing this game for a few months now in beta testing and I find it pretty addicting ;) It's a slow play game and I've yet to actually finish a game to the end since it takes a while to build up your heroes and your town. I like a lot of the random elements to the game. I'm usually not a fan of totally random things in games, but for this game they seem to be pretty balanced. You get to make lots of choices that effect you game. For example you can pick two craft materials to specialize in. You can still craft all the materials into something, but your odds at getting a better item is greater with the specialized crafting.

You can also customize your heroes. You can rename them, choose their class and/or subclass (note you become  stronger with a subclass but leveling becomes slower), you can earn skill points that you can spend to learn new skills. Your choice of skills cause greatly effect the outcome of their battles. About the only thing you can't alter is their face image and stats :)

There are plenty of random events that happen as you play, some good and some bad. You could have wild animals come in and start attacking your mines and you have to send your champion to take care of it, or you might find an abandoned cart and score some resources for free. Some of these events will only show on the map for a short amount of time and can award hard to get resources or permanent stat boosts to your champion.

So all in all, it's a lot of fun to play if you like this type of game and I've started probably 10 or 15 different games and each one is pretty different from the last.

ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks cool! I will try this out.  BD

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To be honest, this is fantastic! Been a while since the last post here. Is the game already completed?

Greetings,
Tw0Face

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played your game.
Really cool idea. I love games where you build stuff up that brings in more resources and get more workers to do more stuff with. That said though... I did have quite a bit of trouble figuring out how everything worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:
Made idle animation for character. It first had only three frames but looked too different from walking animation and I had to draw five more.
MV and VX Ace both have good qualities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadAtticGames