Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone,

I would like to find any plugin that has a similar RMMV – Scene File. I try to make it, but it shows an error.
I hope if you can help me.
Thank you.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I downloaded the Plugin and did the tests, it worked normally.
It will be difficult to find any plugins similar to this one.

Good luck.

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I try it, but it shows me an error.
How I can solve it?

Screenshot (90).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (89).png
    Screenshot (89).png
    324.5 KB · Views: 4

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How I can solve it?
that error basically says the the plugin is missing data.

so either you made a mistake configuring the plugin, or you tried to continue a savefile from before adding the plugin or something like that.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Since you barely post information, it is difficult to find the problem.

Try this:
Create a new and simple project, put the Mog SceneFile plugin to test.

In your project, disable the first plugin on the list, test the game, if it happens the error is not this.
Then reactivate and deactivate the following from the list, until you have completed the test and discovered the cause of the conflict.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sometimes the order of the plugin can cause issues. this should be above
Ocram passages plugin.

if you use more, what are those order, so the functions wont be overwritten :)
bu it doesn't give any errors on my end. but I'm also using a different plugin
for the save file, which is Highly customisable (not horizontal though).

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I turned all of them off plugins, and I was wondering why doesn't work:

"Cannot read property '10' of undefined"

Attachments

• Screenshot (92).png
    Screenshot (92).png
    297.6 KB · Views: 5

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe I should give up on this plugin and find another one!
Thanks for your help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Killerslash
How have you configured the plugin?
none of the answers you gave even considered the possibilities I mentioned several posts above

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Killerslash, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want help, you have to actually ANSWER the questions people are asking you. Otherwise you're doomed to be running in circles looking for different plugins because you find it "too hard" to troubleshoot the issues you're having. Being able to work through a problem step by step is a core skill with game development, so you better start practising.

A very quick look at the plugin, and my question is, did you have older save files, and then installed this plugin? You may need to delete all the older saves, as this plugin may be expecting data that wasn't present when you made them, and it can't display those saves.

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
f you want help, you have to actually ANSWER the questions people are asking you. Otherwise you're doomed to be running in circles looking for different plugins because you find it "too hard" to troubleshoot the issues you're having. Being able to work through a problem step by step is a core skill with game development, so you better start practising.

A very quick look at the plugin, and my question is, did you have older save files, and then installed this plugin? You may need to delete all the older saves, as this plugin may be expecting data that wasn't present when you made them, and it can't display those saves
It's working! YES!
Thank you so much Shaz, I really don't understand why the save file has a problem, so I try it your way Shaz, and it works perfectly.

Last edited:

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you guys for helping me.

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since we found a problem.
It's completely awesome.

Attachments

• 2021_4_11_9_58_42_706_2248.png
    2021_4_11_9_58_42_706_2248.png
    154 KB · Views: 2

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really don't understand why the save file has a problem
that is because most plugins change the savefile structure, so adding or removing a plugin (or even changing their order) has a high chance of making older savefiles incompatible.

you should always start new playtests after changes in the plugin manager, and that means that you should get your plugins planned and tested early in game development

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Killerslash, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

See what you did there? Posted 3 times in a row. Seriously - if yours is the last post and it's less than 3 days old, just edit it (button in lower left corner) rather than multi-posting.

A number of plugins set up their own data that goes into the save file, so often if you save a game, then add a plugin that does this, it will cause issues when you try to resume the game, because it's expecting that data to be there, and it isn't.

This case is a little more aggressive, because the new data that it puts into the save file is used in the save/load window. So ANY save file created before the plugin was added won't have that data there, so every time you go to the save screen it's going to crash because it's trying to find information to display on the save/load screen, and it's not there.

Anyway ... it's workikng, so

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.
Went to get a haircut today, and the lady cut my hair too short... Well I suppose with the pandemic I'm not going out a lot, but it still feels a bit uncomfortable.
For real, they didn't tell me anything about THAT dragon bomber before. It could be the greatest invention since sliced bread, that's for sure!
Random Thought: Team Visustella has become the Power Rangers of RPG Maker, and Yanfly is their Zordon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pantherman78