Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to implement a dancing minigame, but have been failing so far. The game should work like this: Your dance partners makes some moves, and then you have to repeat them. The partners moves should be as easy as setting a move route, but i'm stuck on te player's moves. I set them up as conditional braches checking for button presses but the game doesn't wait and gives them for failed, i tried implementing a wait command, but then it doesn't recognize the input until the last second and then it fails. Any help on how should I do this?

Thanks a lot for reading. :)

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have something a bit like this in the way that something appears on the screen and you have to mimic it.

Event pages:

1. Whatever dialogue you have before the game, then a switch to activate the game. 

2. Call common event that chooses what pose and activate another switch. 

3. Series of conditional branches that check if a variable is equal to a certain amount, then to check if the variable equals that amount and the player is pressing a certain button. If so, call the common event again and have whatever pop up on the screen . If you want the player to have a score, you would add to a variable that holds the score. If you want it to gauge the amount you've gotten correct versus the amount you've gotten wrong, your conditional branch would have an else for each button. So if you press any other button, it adds to the variable of wrong buttons, but if you do press that button, add to the variable of correct buttons. 

4. This page will check if the correct move variable is equal to a certain amount, and if the wrong move variable is equal to a certain amount. If you've gotten enough correct, you win. If you've gotten too many wrong, you lose. It then turns on a self switch that leads to a blank page. 

Common Events:

1. This is the common event that sets the variable for the amount of moves. You'd set a variable to random between any two numbers. 

2. This is optional. It's to show your score. You'd make four variables. One to hold the player's score, one to hold the value in the hundreds place, another for the tens and so on. 

For the ones, you set the variable to equal your entire score variable modulus (%) 10. For the tens, original variable / 100 % 10. For the hundreds, original variable / 100. Then you'd make a series of conditional branches to check from 1-9 for each of the three variables. They'd each show a picture of a different number. Next, you check if your original variable is less than 10 and 100, and if so, erase the tens and hundreds pictures respectively. That's so you have no leading zeroes.  

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure i understand what you are saying @HexMozart88. Insteead of telling you what I did let me show you a demo of how my event works. 

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=27032736268309685792

I want the event to check to start a timer, then check if the button is being pressed, but for some reason the timer doens't start and everything seems to be checked all at once.

Help would be very apreciated, please.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wouldn't let me download it. Said it was malicious. 

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I never said I was uncomfortable. Google literally wouldn't let me download it because it said it was malware so it got blocked. But yeah. Trying it now. 

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the asumption and thanks for dling.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK. Done. 

Event Layout is as follows

Page 1:

Call Common Event: [something]

Control Switches: [something else] = ON

Page 2:

Conditional Branch: Variable [something] == 0

Set Move Route: This Event: Move Down

(etc. up to 3)

Branch End

Timer start: 0 min 5 sec 

Control Switches: [blah blah blah] == ON

Page 3:

Conditional Branch: Timer <= 4 sec

Conditional Branch: Variable[something] == 0

Conditional Branch: Input.trigger?:)UP)

Play SE (Insert Random) 

Control Variables: [something count] += 1

Branch End

Branch End

(so on up to 3)

Call Common Event: [something] 

Else

Show text: "Time's up!"

Branch End

Page 4:

Conditional Branch: Variable [something count] == (however many moves you want)

Control Self Switches: A == ON

Branch End 

Conditions:

Page 1 - Action Button

Page 2 - Autorun

Page 3 - Parallel Process (so you can move)

Page 4 - Parallel Process

Common Event - None

Common Event:

Control Variables: [something] == rand. [0...3]

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm I can understand the logic behind it, on practice (though I modified it a little) it seems to work fine, but it's kinda finicky and doesn't seem to work 100% of the time. Maybe it's just too complex an eventing to properly pull off in ace?

A million thanks for your efforts, mate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koshibari