Simple actor select when using item

marocube

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another plugin request, hopefully this one isn't too difficult...

I don't plan to have many actors in the party at one time (or at all, most of the time it will be one actor only), so I'd like a plugin that allows, when an item is selected, that the actor select screen shows the name & class only, without hp/mp bars, etc. If possible, an option to toggle whether the face image can be shown or not.

I'm using SRD's super tools engine to change the menu size, but that's all it can do afaik.

If the description isn't clear here's a hopefully decent mock-up
:

Edit: I know there are plugins to skip the actor select when there is only one actor in the party, but I'd prefer not to use those since players might accidentally consume an item.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have a script or plugin that formats the menu this way, or do you actually want someone to redesign the whole thing for you so it looks like that? I ask because it looks like more than a resize of the menu there.

Also, is this to affect the actor select screen in battle as well?

What other plugins do you have? (Screenshot/s of plugin manager is easiest if you have a few)

marocube

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz

I would like a new plugin, just for the purpose of changing the actor select menu. I've already resized all the menu windows to my liking with SRD's plugin, I just want to change the actor select to show the face/name/class only. I won't have any battles, so main menu only! Sorry if that wasn't quite clear.

Right now for the custom menu plugins, I'm using Mr Trivel's Empty Menu, Astfgl's Simple Item Menu, and SRD's super tools engine of course. I'm still sorting through some plugins I might not use / replace, but I'll list all those if needed.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something like this?

Code:
Window_MenuStatus.prototype.drawItem = function(index) {
    this.drawItemBackground(index);
    var actor = $gameParty.members()[index], y = this.itemRect(index).y;
    this.drawActorCharacter(actor, 0, y);
    this.drawActorName(actor, 48, y)
    this.drawActorClass(actor, 48, y + this.lineHeight())
};

Window_MenuStatus.prototype.itemHeight = function() {
    return this.fittingHeight(2);
}
It's possible I missed something there, but I think something like that should do what you want. If you don't want the actor's sprite, just delete the drawActorCharacter line and change the 48s to 0s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YourBaka