Takeshi Games
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello RM Members!

I wanna ask something...

I wanna make my battle hud (MZ) become text only (no face), could you give me some plugin?

Thank you!

maxresdefault.jpg

Zami77

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Ronyund If no one else comes in with a pre-built plugin, I can definitely give a whack at it.

Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's definitely some clarification needed here.

@Ronyund states:

I wanna make my battle hud (MZ) become text only (no face)

Okay, disabling the actor faces from Window_BattleStatus with no additional changes is easy enough.

But if what they are actually asking for is for their battle HUD to look like the included screenshot, that includes several other changes:
  • Overhauling the layout of Window_BattleStatus.
  • Removing gauges from Window_BattleStatus.
  • Relocating the position of Window_ActorCommand.
  • Relocating the position of Window_BattleEnemy and presumably making it always visible.
  • Probably updating Scene_Battle's WindowLayer to make the windows layer on top of each other nicely as shown in the screenshot, as this is not the default behavior in MV/MZ.
So, @Ronyund, what are you actually asking for? To just have the faces disabled in the default HUD? Or to have your HUD look like the screenshot you posted?

Zami77

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's definitely some clarification needed here.

@Ronyund states:

Okay, disabling the actor faces from Window_BattleStatus with no additional changes is easy enough.

But if what they are actually asking for is for their battle HUD to look like the included screenshot, that includes several other changes:
  • Overhauling the layout of Window_BattleStatus.
  • Removing gauges from Window_BattleStatus.
  • Relocating the position of Window_ActorCommand.
  • Relocating the position of Window_BattleEnemy and presumably making it always visible.
  • Probably updating Scene_Battle's WindowLayer to make the windows layer on top of each other nicely as shown in the screenshot, as this is not the default behavior in MV/MZ.
So, @Ronyund, what are you actually asking for? To just have the faces disabled in the default HUD? Or to have your HUD look like the screenshot you posted?
Great points @Kenen, there is some ambiguity to the request.

@Ronyund what might be helpful is to give some of these details and/or provide a quick sketch of how you want the layout. You could try something out on the site draw.io to provide a quick diagram as well.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Updated the dev logs for the game I'm working on! Check it out here
Alright, I left the modern girl in fantasy brain's hands while I get my - MODERN GIRL WHAT HAPPENED?! I blame fantasy brain for this.

WinaElemental.png
I just realized that, while I was waiting for our little Easter Game to be approved in the Completed Games Thread, the game was already listed for more than a week, without me noticing x.x

So ... very delayed happy easter to everyone I guess? : D
WIP
[IMG width="280px"]https://images.plurk.com/3t2Xc52pKS7ptwWCFMrSen.png[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hesena