First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
Author: Mr Trivel

Name: Simple Battle Rows

Created: 2014-06-15

Version: 1.1b

What does it do?

This scripts adds basic Battle Row functionality.

You can switch rows in menu Formation command by selecting same Actor twice.

Battlers in back row will receive less damage than the ones in the front.

Battlers in back row will receive full damage if front row is wiped.

Battlers  attacking from back row will have damage penalty, unless stated in exceptions.

Requirements: None

Instructions:

Use <backrow> note tag for enemies to set them in Back Row.

Plug, Customize, Play

Script: <Link: Pastebin>

Blog: <Link: On blog>

Last edited by a moderator:

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm liking it and all but for some reason the damage isn't processed properly.  If my characters are in the back row they take less damage like they are supposed to but for some reason it doesn't show it that way.  For instance the text or popup will say that my character took 30 damage but in actuality they only took 15 with 50% damage reduction in back row.  Tried it first with YEA Battle System and the pop ups showed up wrong then tried it on a clean project and the text shows wrong and still doesn't process properly. 

Mr. Trivel

Glasses
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
@Knightmare,

Cheers for the info, I'll look into it.

Edit: should be fixed now.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup it works good now.  Nice work and thanks for making the script.  You've been coming up with good ideas for scripts. 

darkgriffin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT: Ignore this post.  I was a tired moron.  The script is meant to use weapon type ids, so that everything set to "crossbow" becomes a back weapon.  My modification below makes it instead use individual weapon ids, which make the whole thing very tedious to use because you'll be putting in every weapon id you ever make instead of just the type of weapon.  Sorry for the confusion.

I tried getting this working in a project this afternoon, and was having problems getting any id settings working on the weapon rows.  I narrowed down the problem to this part of the script on pastebin:

Code:
# )----------------------------------------(  # )--  New Method: get_weapon_row        --(  # )----------------------------------------(  def get_weapon_row    weapons.each do |w|      if MrTS::Formation::BACKROW_WEAPON_IDS.include?(w.wtype_id)        return 1      elsif MrTS::Formation::FRONTROW_WEAPON_IDS.include?(w.wtype_id)        return 0      end    end    return 2 # both rows  end

Change the "w.wtype_id" in the if statement section of the script to "w.id" instead, and everything will work as intended.  

The original pastebin script is comparing wtype_id (a variable it's using to know what row a weapon is in) instead of getting the actual database .id of the weapon item equipped.  This causes all of them to compare as weird stuff (try a "puts w.wtype" line just above the if statement, and you'll see what I mean.  During runtime this id is NOT the same as the id in the editor database, causing much weapon use confusion when running the combat).

I've checked the skill ids, and that part is working as intended without a change needed.

Hope this info helps others who might run into the same issue.

And a huge heaping thank you to Mr Trivel for writing this script.  I needed something to simulate the Might and Magic weapon rows system, and this simple script does the trick without overdoing things. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have any of you read Sutter Kane?
My winter pack is now free on itch.io!
Writing music for Utara Forest, a location in All the King's Men. Nothing evokes a mysterious, dreamy sound like solo clarinet and modulation!
Man, nobody has created an MZ state animation plugin outside of VisuStella. That breaks my heart.
Finnuval wrote on Alador's profile.
Cute new avatar you got there ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdiouf