RMMV Simple Break/Create Item System [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I played a card game zenonzard before, and it has a simple craft/salvage system.
Click the item, get option salvage, get some craft points.
Click the item, get option create, use your craft points, you get the item.

So its basically just the item scene with the two options create or salvage. The items needed to be listed with or without the player owning it. The note tagging part would just be points_used(for creating) and points_give (for salvage)

I first tried working using event select item, but i cannot get the craft something you dont own. I can do the salvage because you own it, just subtract the item and add the craft points.

It could also just be a modification of the Scene Shop, where buy = craft, and sell = dissamble. But it wont use the default gold, but another variable. Yes, i think this is the simplest alternative i can think of. Another shop scene, that doesnt use the default gold as currency.

EDIT: Here's final product of eventing.. I abandoned the select item event

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I first tried working using event select item, but i cannot get the craft something you dont own.
there is a possible workaround for that, but it will use up some item slots.

make the choice scrap/create before selecting item.
if chosen to create, have the select item choose from hidden item B instead of regular items.
every regular item you want to be able to create, have a recipe item set as hidden b and given to the player at start of game. and creating from the recipe should add the real item, not the recipe item itself

has the advantage that you can select when the player gets the recipe item of the same name, but will halve the number of item IDs available and require more work to setup.

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
i see.. so i basically give the player the "recipe" items when want to craft that card (so they can see it in the select item event), then remove those items when they cancel, then on confirm swap them in for the real one. is that correct?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then remove those items when they cancel
no need to remove, because hidden items are never displayed in inventory and therefore can't be used at all. That is why the recipe items should be set as hidden B (so that the hidden A can still be used for the regular purposes like event flags and don't appear in the recipes either).
and because of that you only give the hidden recipe items once, no need to bother the event itself with that.

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks! I can now separate craftable and non-craftable just by changing the item type. since i use a plugin for item category, items are displayed visible, also in the deck edit scene. I'll try work around.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Alberest so far, got a lot done but still ALOT left to do.
Wish I had a better means of taking screenshots...
Map is 148x98

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziipan