Cephalophane

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm simply looking for a plugin that would allow me to turn camera movement off (and on again later).

My game is widescreen and it is sometimes awkwards on small maps when you can move the camera by only one-square.

I think that there are similar scripts for the older versions.

Thank you for reading.

Tyruswoo

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Cephalophane,

I saw your post, and I just added a Camera Control plugin that you may find useful!  Please find it here:

Camera Control Plugin by Tyruswoo

To accomplish what you're wanting, simple install the plugin, and then use the following plugin command to stop camera movement:  CamFollow map

Alternatively, you can use plugin command CamFollow x y to set the camera to specific coordinates.

Anytime you want to switch the camera back to the default behavior, following the player, simply use the CamFollow player plugin command.

I hope that helps!  Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Sincerely,

Tyruswoo

Last edited by a moderator:

Cephalophane

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is perfect — it solves many problems that I was having. Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been enjoying a game on my iPhone, called Wonderbox. It is just a little game where you create adventures, share them, whilst also being able to play others. It's a bit zelda-esque. I have started some youtube for those, gonna start with RPG maker things soon as well. So if you wish to see, do check it out :)
SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimeTurner