Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
SimpleEventFade.js

Download

SimpleEventFade.js (v1.1)

Introduction

This plugin adds the ability to make events fade in or out over a set duration of frames much more easily than having to repeatedly set the opacity over and over again. It should also be much smoother than doing that manually.

How to Use

Go to the Event you want to make fade in or out and find the location where you want to make the event take this action. Create a move route, click script in the bottom right of that window and add one of the following lines depending on what you want to do:

this.fadeIn(x)

this.fadeOut(x)

this.fadeTo(newOpac,x)

x should be the duration in frames that you want the fade to last. There is also a default value in the plugin's parameters so you could even enter something like this.fadeOut() and that'd work just as well. In the case of using this.fadeTo, you MUST set an opacity to fade to. For instance, saying this.fadeTo(150,60) would fade the event or player to 150 opacity from their current opacity over 60 frames. You could also just call this.fadeTo(150) and it'd use your default duration set in the plugin parameters.

Screenshot

usage.png

Notes

This plugin should not require any other plugins, nor should it have any compatibility issues. It is free for use commercially and non-commercially so long as I am credited.

Also, I finished this plugin before I saw that Galv had already created a plugin with this functionality and more. If you need more functionality for your Move Routes I recommend checking it out: Galv's Move Route Extras

Known Issues

None at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

kennysaurs

Amazing Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you so much for this! This works very well with my On Map Encounter respawn/death system!

kuoushi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
@kennysaurs

Yes actually. This plugin respects the checkboxes in the bottom left of the move route window. Simply uncheck the "Wait for Completion" box there and you can have something fade out/in for however long you want and the player will be allowed to move while it's happening.

Edit: Good to hear it. I made it so I could do something similar as well!

Edit #2: Just updated this plugin to version 1.1 since I added in an extra fade call that'll let you fade to a specific opacity. Want to fade from whatever your current opacity is to specifically 64 opacity? Can do now, just use this.fadeTo(64)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

I just like this website:
lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takufy