Simple Item Durability

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Menos, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Menos

Menos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I know there are some durability plugins for MV already, but I don't believe any of them can do what I want. I would be happy to be corrected if they can!

The durability system I have in mind is fairly simple, but I'd like some features that I haven't seen in a single plugin yet:

- The ability to increase/decrease an item's durability via a command or script line.

- The ability to change the durability of separate copies of one item separately.

- No impact on durability during combat.

- Durability clearly displayed somewhere in the item screens.

The reason is that I'm hoping to make a survivalist game where the player has basic tools (hammers, axes, etc) that they need to accomplish various tasks, but must be carefully conserved. I could manage some of this via simple variables, ie just create a "Hammer Durability" variable, but that wouldn't let you check durability in an elegant way, and it wouldn't let you collect multiple copies of a tool unless I made each copy a unique item/variable. All the durability scripts I tried seem battle-focused and I don't think they could be bent to work for this; I feel like it would be useful to have another durability plugin available.

If anyone wants to take a shot at this, or has a clever way to event a system like this, I'd be very grateful!