Simple Item Menu

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Quigon, Nov 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Quigon

Quigon electric boogaloo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey all! I took the liberty of making a mockup, complete with width and height values to make it easier for anyone who fancies giving this a shot.

I'm looking for a new item menu. It should remove the categories, shrink the window, and only show the item description. Here's the mockup I made;

[​IMG]

I'd be happy with the window only showing two items side by side. The description window is moved to the bottom of the item scene as you can see. As for displaying item quantities, I'd be happy if it was shown to the left of the icon (if that's changeable) - just to avoid too much clutter. The dimensions for the window I'd like are;

width = 473

height = 220

The x & y values of that mockup are 85 and 85, though it'd help if I can alter them easily should I want to change it around.

Thanks in advance~

2. Yato

Yato (aka Racheal) Veteran

If no one helps you beforehand, I'd gladly do this for you once I'm home from work in about 7 hours.

3. Quigon

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Awesome, thank you!

4. IceDragon

IceDragon Elder Cookie Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Herp Derp, I know its lazy, but it gets the job done right?

Code:
    ## IEK/lib/simple_item_window.rb#   dc 16/11/2013#   dm 16/11/2013#   by IceDragon# As requested by Quigon, a simple Item Menu.# jump to the '### EDITING STARTS HERE' to change the window's position, and# sizeclass Scene_Item < Scene_ItemBase  remove_method :on_category_ok  remove_method :create_category_window  ## ~overwrite  # @return [Void]  def start    super    create_help_window    create_item_window    adjust_windows  end  ## ~overwrite  # @return [Void]  def create_help_window    @help_window = Window_Help.new(1)    @help_window.viewport = @viewport  end  ## ~overwrite  # @return [Void]  def create_item_window    ### EDITING STARTS HERE    ### Rect.new(  x,   y, width, height)    r = Rect.new( 85,  85,   473,    220)    ### EDITING ENDS HERE    @item_window = Window_ItemList.new(r.x, r.y, r.width, r.height)    @item_window.viewport = @viewport    @item_window.help_window = @help_window    @item_window.set_handler(:ok,     method(:on_item_ok))    @item_window.set_handler(:cancel, method(:on_item_cancel))  end  ## ~new-item  # @return [Void]  def adjust_windows    ### item_window    ### inline-defintions, please don't try this at home...    def @item_window.include?(item)      $game_party.usable?(item)    end    ## uncomment this, to hide item quantities    #def @item_window.draw_item(index)    #  item = @data[index]    #  if item    #    rect = item_rect(index)    #    rect.width -= 4    #    draw_item_name(item, rect.x, rect.y, enable?(item))    #  end    #end    ###    @item_window.refresh    @item_window.activate.select_last    ### help_window    @help_window.width = @item_window.width    @help_window.x = @item_window.x    @help_window.y = @item_window.y + @item_window.height    @help_window.create_contents # re-create the Help_Window contents    @help_window.refresh  end  ## ~overwrite  # @return [Void]  def on_item_cancel    return_scene  endend

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  5. Quigon

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks! Though whenever I exit out of the item menu, the window isn't disposed and the game freezes.

I'm using a script to change the look of the main menu as well as YAN's menu options to add in some commands to it, if those would be problems.

6. IceDragon

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I was just looking over the code myself, I made a small mistake on the #on_item_cancel

:) I've fixed it now.

7. Quigon

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That works! Though the item quantities aren't displaying.

8. IceDragon

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    yeah, I kinda removed that to match the screenshot you provided, sowwy?

I've commented out the code, try it now.

9. Quigon

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    My bad, that works perfectly now. Thanks a bunch!