Simple Land Vehicle

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, do you think there is a chance you can make this similiar to how vehicles function in battle in Phantasy Star 4? With their own stats and skills and such? I mean, I could probably get by using eventing, but it would make it a lot more simplerthis way.

In case you don't know how they functioned in PS4, vehicles had a set amount of HP and a short skill list, usually firing a bomb or carpet bombing, or something like that, and if their HP hit 0, they were destroyed and the entire party was wiped out. The vehicles HP restored to full after the battle, but it couldn't use any items or recover HP in any other way. Also, its skill uses were restored after sleeping at an Inn.

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Nice Script, works a treat.

The only thing I would personally add into it is the ability to not receive Floor Damage while in the vehicle. For example, in my game I've got a swamp (with floor damage) on the world map that is pretty hard to get across on foot as it has overpowered monsters in it combined with the floor damage. It's great that the script can allow for switching off encounters, but floor damage still occurs.

Just a suggestion.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
great plugin, been waiting for something like this for a while now.

is there a possibility to allow multiple region id's to not allow. im using it on a world map, and i dont want to drive through mountain or forest area, but walking, there are battles, and the battle cant be the same on those areas throughout the entire world map, multiple region id's would fix the issue completely.

Musty260

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
[deleted]

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone :)

I don't know if this is possible, but I would like to change the air vehicle into a land vehicle, and not the boat, as I need both the ship and boat in my current project. Is that posible? Any help is greatly appreciated ;)

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see there's an option to set a region that blocks the landboat, but what would be the best way to set a region only passable with it? Like if you can't cross the Incredibly Pointy Rock Desert without getting the tank first?

Elio Lava

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to use this plugin in my project. Very cool though, the land vehicle still moves like a boat, what a pity.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Elio Lava Please note that this is an English language site and only English can be used in public posts. I have, therefore, removed the content of your post. Please use the Edit button to re-type the message and use Google translate for the comment if you do not have sufficient English yourself.

Seeks

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For people having issues with the plugin:

I had issues too when I right clicked > save as. That (sneakily) saves the github page itself, not the .js file like it claims. Not Karberus' fault, that's just how github links do it for some reason. To get the file, follow the link through and get it from github directly.

In the interests of convenience:
Karberus, if you want me to edit this and remove either link, send me a message and I will.

stevenblanc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I mad necropost this? I just tried this plugin; I have a few of Yanflys installed as well; and it doesnt seem to do anything.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is no necroposting restriction on the actual thread page for the plug-in. Just for support threads. However it still could be a good idea to make a new thread listing the plug-ins you are using as well so others can see if it is a plug-in issue, especially as this plug-in was released in 2015 so the author might not be here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What theme for the next windowskin? You'll decide. Tell what you wanna see and I'll try for.
I just saw in a manga an interesting mechanic - setting up a stationary teleport beacon that one can go to no matter where one is in a dungeon. I think it'll work with a similar setup to how I did my airship transition.

Ooh what if you could set up multiple beacons and choose from a list of the beacons you set up?

Hmm...
Actor2_1 added!

Is the running performance of MZ output to Android platform smoother than MV output?
FINALLY GOT ALL 120 STARS IN SUPER MARIO 64!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meppo