Simple Name Generator Plugin 1.0 [MV]

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by florodude, Jul 30, 2019.

1. florodude

florodude Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Name Generator 1.0
    By Florodude
    Introduction

This script pulls in random names from one or more text files to be used however you want it in your game. It also features a very simple random number generation script.

Instructions
    1. Install the plugin.
    2. Find or create a txt file with one name on every line. You can google things like "male names txt" for a bunch of these, or create your own, and place the file in your /data/ folder.
    3. Simply call the script SelectRandomName(fileName) where fileName is a string of the filename in the data folder. For exampple SelectRandomName("maleNames").
    4. You may also use RandomNumber(min,max) to pull a random number. This is better than the game's default random number feature as you can set it to game variables.

Features
    -A simple script call to get a random name out of a txt file.
    -Use this to display random content, or set variables to be random names. I personally created this as a part of a dynamic NPC creation project I'm working on, where I'm using this script to set a game variable storing the NPCs name to a random name.

Download

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3ropingk2gnpew7/Namegenerator.js/file

You may use this in whatever commercial fashion you wish freely, I just ask that you credit me. Please link back to this plugin when sharing. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019