Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Name Generator 1.0
By Florodude
Introduction

This script pulls in random names from one or more text files to be used however you want it in your game. It also features a very simple random number generation script.

Instructions
1. Install the plugin.
2. Find or create a txt file with one name on every line. You can google things like "male names txt" for a bunch of these, or create your own, and place the file in your /data/ folder.
3. Simply call the script SelectRandomName(fileName) where fileName is a string of the filename in the data folder. For exampple SelectRandomName("maleNames").
4. You may also use RandomNumber(min,max) to pull a random number. This is better than the game's default random number feature as you can set it to game variables.

Features
-A simple script call to get a random name out of a txt file.
-Use this to display random content, or set variables to be random names. I personally created this as a part of a dynamic NPC creation project I'm working on, where I'm using this script to set a game variable storing the NPCs name to a random name.

Download

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3ropingk2gnpew7/Namegenerator.js/file

You may use this in whatever commercial fashion you wish freely, I just ask that you credit me. Please link back to this plugin when sharing. Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hope he recovers fast :|
Looks like it's functional:
It's a common thing to forget eating &drinking while you are working concentrated, right?
If I had discovered RPG-Maker before moving together with my girlfriend, I'd have died of dehydration a long time ago.
Ami
trying to change my picture & got screwed up...
I've been busy working on my next music pack, and I've also been busy composing some personal compositions. Depending on the type of mood and setting, sometimes I just really love the sound of music created in lofi mono. It has its charm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pre_tw