Simple Name Input Menu (Single Page w/ Backspace Button)

pEcOsGhOsT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ABOUT:
Looking for a super simple (single page) player name input with an actual on-screen menu backspace button ( I noticed a few posts where people were interested in this and I thought, why not?! ;P ) Whether you want a simpler name input menu or you don't want the clutter of the 2nd page or perhaps you have a font that doesn't support all of the extra characters (which was my reason!) or you just want that darn backspace button on there (for ease in touchscreen games) this plugin is for you! (I'm not sure if this exists somewhere, but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere... Sorry!)

DOWNLOAD:
SimpleNameInputMenu.js

FEATURES:
  • Super simple, single page name input menu
  • Perfect for 8-bit style or GB style (SEE PREVIEW BELOW)
  • BACKSPACE BUTTON
PREVIEW:
SimpleNameInputMenu_Pecos_GB_PREVIEW.gif

HOW TO USE:
  • Add the plugin to your game and turn ON!
  • You can change the term for 'BACK' by opening the .js file and just change it to whatever you'd like such as even an arrow i.e. '←' (just be sure keep it inside the quotes)
  • You can also change any of the characters as well, just edit the .js plugin file (open with notepad or similar software) and change it to whatever you want! (again just be sure keep it inside the quotes ' ' )

DEPENDENCIES:
NONE (whoo!)

BUGS/UPDATES:
  • None that I know at the moment, it's probably a little messy (as far as code goes) it might have some issues with other name input menu plugins, I haven't quite tested it yet! Just let me know below (if you run into issues!)
  • The code is probably waaay longer than it needs to be! SORRY :(
  • Removed PgUp/PgDn keyboard feature (thanks Ace of Spades for pointing that out!)

TERMS OF USE/CREDIT:
Do whatever you please! Commercial or non-commercial. Use and abuse! No credit required (honestly, I prefer being a ghost and going uncredited :0 lol)

Attachments

Last edited:

Raggon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
love it works like a charm.Thanku. :XP1:

Leukah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks perfect for what I'm trying to do, but I have a very, very stupid question!

My game is meant to be touch-screen navigable only, so I've disabled all the menus and am rerouting their functionality through a series of common events triggered by pictures.

Is there a way for me to call up this name input screen through an event? =)

NinJaRed

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do a script call (it's 3rd page of the event commands bottom right)
And put this:

SceneManager.push(Scene_Name);
SceneManager.prepareNextScene(1, 8);

(The numbers above are 1 = Actors ID and the 8 = Number of characters, so you could change them based on which character you want to change but just be sure you have the correct actor id, since it's not based on current players in your party but the actual list of Actors in the editor) I hope that helps

Leukah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you!

Turns out it...also modifies the default name input UI, too, hahahaha.

Excellent, love it, thank you!

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just a heads up, it's still possible to change the Name Input pages using the Page Up/Page Down input keys. I think the plugin would function better if you removed that functionality as well.

pEcOsGhOsT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just a heads up, it's still possible to change the Name Input pages using the Page Up/Page Down input keys. I think the plugin would function better if you removed that functionality as well.
Ah good point! I just removed that function, and updated the plugin thanks for mentioning that!!!

LVGames

Welcome to Sword Swinging Super Slashers®
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didnt like that there was no backspace button for touch controls until now!
Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babiboo